Our fans. What's happened

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the wilder days 1 nil down or drawing near the end the fans made so much noise it pushed the team on and and made the difference. Now it doesn't. That not team, manager or prince its us. Yes the comments around PTSD are true. We are expecting things to always go wrong but as in the past if we support the team it can make the difference

Being a member of the site for 2 years. Only chose to comment today as I was very disappointed how quiet our fans were today. I didn't join the site 2 years ago just to have a dig tonight. Maybe I'm.wrong. maybe today the fans out sung Blackpool and I didnt notice. I sit on the kop. Maybe the other 3 sides were louder. I know Blackpool's was. Not everyone who has a different opinion to you is a pig fan.
You may support United, or you may come from the dark side, I don't really know, but you say you have been a member for two years? However, your details show you joined in July 2020, that's only 15 months ago. By rounding it up to two years instantly puts you into the 'dark side' bracket.

Last edited:
First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow
I don’t think it should come as that much of a surprise really when you compare what happened under Wilder to where we are now. It would have been more apparent in the second Prem season if fans were allowed in.

I doubt we are any different to any other team in the league in this respect to be honest, just the way it is (though maybe things have changed in general over the years). There is a nervousness amongst the fans when things aren’t going well.

Ok take your point. I joined 15 months ago and today commented on a true fact our fans were very quite. If I was a blackpool fan signing up for this then 15 months ago I would have being better off putting a bet on with the bookies. I would be rich? If I was from the other side of the city there would have being a lot more reason other days to to stir sh** than the fans noise today. I've viewed the site for more years then I have being a member and as my opening post said I expected to be criticized. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you all thought the fans were amazing today and we aren't a part of the problem?

No wilder no atmosphere. 80% of our songs were about Chrissy Wilder

First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow
When we are underdogs then BDTBL is as loud as anywhere in the country. When we expect to win or playing a team like Blackpool then the team have to get to get the fans excited and not the other way around. Very little today got the fans excited.

You may support United, or you may come from the dark side, I don't really know, but you say you have been a member for two years? However, your details show you joined in July 2020, that's only 15 months ago. By rounding it up to two years instantly puts you into the 'dark side' bracket.
Colombo's back....

As sherlock homes once set sum typos ar OK and sum ar knot....

Ok take your point. I joined 15 months ago and today commented on a true fact our fans were very quite. If I was a blackpool fan signing up for this then 15 months ago I would have being better off putting a bet on with the bookies. I would be rich? If I was from the other side of the city there would have being a lot more reason other days to to stir sh** than the fans noise today. I've viewed the site for more years then I have being a member and as my opening post said I expected to be criticized. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you all thought the fans were amazing today and we aren't a part of the problem?
You have to get used to the abuse' I'm afraid. Lots of people on here dont realise that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

You have to get used to the abuse' I'm afraid. Lots of people on here dont realise that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.
I expected some come back. I don't usually post and just enjoy reading others thoughts on our team. The abuse doesn't bother me at all. Fans not supporting my team on match days is a concern. I do remember the Atkins era and atmosphere last game of the season. Do we really want to ho back to that?

Our fans sing when we are doing ok, when the ref gives a few fouls against us or when the other team cheats/shithouses. It's always been the same.

However there is a level of apathy setting in and that's dangerous.

It was admittedly a dreadful atmosphere at the match today and I put it down to one thing, Sheffield United fans are not stupid we know when we have a shit team apathy has truly set in. Don't expect the fans to be bothered when most of the team don't look like they give a toss if they lose. It will not get better until the majority of this squad are shipped out and replaced with some players who have a bit of pride in what they do.

I expected some come back. I don't usually post and just enjoy reading others thoughts on our team. The abuse doesn't bother me at all. Fans not supporting my team on match days is a concern. I do remember the Atkins era and atmosphere last game of the season. Do we really want to ho back to that?
'Atkins'.
See what you did there.

It was admittedly a dreadful atmosphere at the match today and I put it down to one thing, Sheffield United fans are not stupid we know when we have a shit team apathy has truly set in. Don't expect the fans to be bothered when most of the team don't look like they give a toss if they lose. It will not get better until the majority of this squad are shipped out and replaced with some players who have a bit of pride in what they do.
9 of todays squad was in the squad who beat chelsea 3 nil july 2020. The support that day was amazing.

It’s the fault of the curmudgeonly old twat that sits in Row DD in the South Stand.
Today he literally moaned about everything - and I mean everything - and I think he sucked all the positivity & noise out of the crowd.
Leader of the “pass it forrrrwarrrrd” brigade, he does nothing but moan that we don’t score every time we get the ball.
We had some good spells today - still he had nothing at all positive to say. Even the lad sat with him told him to shut up at half time.
Makes me wonder why some people bother coming to The Lane.
Not saying there wasn’t anything to moan about today - there was. There was also some decent football & some good chances but he had nothing positive to offer at all. Tosser.
It was quiet today though.

are this set of players playing for this manager ?? 🤔

You're right mate, don't take any notice of people who if you don't agree with their individual party line, you're a pig. It was crap today on and off the pitch, no getting away from that, and generally has got quieter over the years, like most grounds. Too many people are hyped up about one successful season in the PL and have turned into entitled twats. We are what we are, a middling second tier club who very occasionally get above that and less occasionally perform below it.
Carry on posting, and don't be put off, it's all part of the weirdness of being on here!

Being a member of the site for 2 years. Only chose to comment today as I was very disappointed how quiet our fans were today. I didn't join the site 2 years ago just to have a dig tonight. Maybe I'm.wrong. maybe today the fans out sung Blackpool and I didnt notice. I sit on the kop. Maybe the other 3 sides were louder. I know Blackpool's was. Not everyone who has a different opinion to you is a pig fan.

Don't necessarily disagree with you about the atmosphere - not surprisingly it isn't what it was when we were tearing up leagues.

For the record, do you join in the songs/chants yourself?

9 of todays squad was in the squad who beat chelsea 3 nil july 2020. The support that day was amazing.
?

From the short time I've known you (since the beginning of this thread), I didn't have sarcasm down as being part of your armoury.

By the way, I do agree with your original point about the rubbish atmosphere today, but I'm not very impressed with your grammar. I am a bit of a grammatical snob though.

It’s always bring the same story

Don't necessarily disagree with you about the atmosphere - not surprisingly it isn't what it was when we were tearing up leagues.

For the record, do you join in the songs/chants yourself?
Not as loud as I used to. Yes I'm part of the problem. I take my wife and grandson now, their first season ever and they are louder than me. I agree with the earlier PTSD comments and accept that most people are now waiting for it to go wrong.me. I've seen us field some very poor sides over the years and we still support them. This is a better team than some we've had. If we can get behind them maybe the performance will improve. whats to lose?

Back
Top Bottom