Our fans. What's happened

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can cope with it being a bit quiet at home but we have too many shit fans.

Getting on their backs when passing around at the back during the first half, slagging off the scapegoats at every opportunity, abusing players as they come off at the end.

Entitled impatient know nowt cunts.

Too many of our fans are fickle. They've been spoilt over the last few seasons and think we have a device right to just win games. I've followed us long enough to know that is a very stupid idea.
The atmosphere this season has been non existent which is really surprising considering how long we had to wait to get back to the ground.
Our supporters at the minute are extremely quick to criticise but not so quick to praise.

Yesterday was one of the most one sided defeats I've seen in a long time, but, you could see it coming. If we're 0-0 at 60mins, the pendulum swings towards the opposition and this needs to change. I remember the Warnock days when we could be 2-0 down with 15mins left and we'd still be condifent we could get a result, we've not got that at the minute.
On the ball, we are fantastic to watch at times. To be honest we are fantastic to watch when it clicks. This brand of football is up there with the best I've seen in over 30y of watching. But... and there's always a but... our soft under belly is looking like its going to cost us.

?

From the short time I've known you (since the beginning of this thread), I didn't have sarcasm down as being part of your armoury.

By the way, I do agree with your original point about the rubbish atmosphere today, but I'm not very impressed with your grammar. I am a bit of a grammatical snob though.
You don't put a comma after closing a bracket.....Snob

Speak for yourself. 26 thousand home fans loyally watching that. Every single other club in our league dreams of support like ours
If 26,000 people turned up at a beheading, are they there to support?

Numbers mean sod all

?

From the short time I've known you (since the beginning of this thread), I didn't have sarcasm down as being part of your armoury.

By the way, I do agree with your original point about the rubbish atmosphere today, but I'm not very impressed with your grammar. I am a bit of a grammatical snob though.
Some people buy cars or pay for public transport. Others beg free lifts.

Some people can spell well, others can't.

Not saying any of those things are right or wrong. People shouldn't judge.

You don't put a comma after closing a bracket.....Snob
Debatable:

When do you put a comma outside of a bracket?
Punctuating brackets. Put a comma outside the brackets (as demonstrated here), when those brackets appear at the end of a clause within the sentence. If the bracketed aside needs a question mark or exclamation mark, you’ll still need to add a full stop on the outside to complete the sentence (like this!).

Some people buy cars or pay for public transport. Others beg free lifts.

Some people can spell well, others can't.

Not saying any of those things are right or wrong. People shouldn't judge.
I once bought a minibus but couldn't drive it because I have no licence. The last time I didn't take public transport to a match was the last game before Lockdown.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, spelling our ground "Bramhall" and saying we had a great atmosphere for a game behind closed doors is avoidable, to say the least.

If you're going to be pull me up for being a wanker, there are much better examples.

It is a modern phenomenon that in almost every ground in the country, irrespective of numbers, the home fans will get battered for 90 minutes when it comes to singing.

UTB

As a fan of neither Sheffield club who visits periodically, I read this club with some interest and a bit of surprise.
  1. Always had Sheffield United down to have had one of the better home atmospheres in modern times.
  2. Had Sheffield United down as one of the sides down who significantly missed fans during a full season of lockdown. Sheffield United were one, Leeds arguably although their results said otherwise another. Liverpool for sure, arguably Leicester, Wolves and to an extent Burnley given Turf Moor is a smaller ground by PL standards.
  3. Conversely perhaps Aston Villa and West Ham in their more counterattack emphasis games didn't so much, Aston Villa maybe as they were quite counterattacking last year. Less emphasis and pressure from fans to push high from the off in an empty stadium.
  4. What a poster said about fans would be bang up for it after a year out. Assumed it might be the case at a lot of grounds but I'm not sure that's been the case universally certainly.
On the general support point, absolutely it makes a difference I think. My side finally ended a home run Saturday, an unbelievably bad one vs your local rivals Barnsley.

Without going into much detail we didn't win a competitive home game at AG since Tuesday January 26th 2021, in front of fans on a Wednesday night v Derby in February 2020 and v Barnsley again v fans on a Saturday on Saturday 18th January 2020.

We conceded late equalisers at home ie 90 or later v Blackpool, Luton and then full on implosion vs Nottingham Forest the other week. 1-0 up, lost 2-1. Penalty and then winner, unbelievable!

I digress. Basically what struck me about Saturday was that last 10-15 mins, fans were fantastic. Only a goal up with that relatively traumatic backdrop and then suddenly the fans upped the levels.

Persistent chants of 'Red Army', Come on You Reds and just generally just urged the side on. Would be so easy in that scenario to just go quiet and nervous- fans needed the team to dig in and yes ride some luck and the team absolutely needed that backing. Without it, if the understandable scenario occurs think we perhaps go back level and utter deflation having thrown away yet more home points, despite turning it round to 2-1.

Ironically though the first win, one of our lesser performances probably at home but the fans really got behind the side in the last 10-15. Does it help, can it push a side that hit further? Hell yes. IMO anyway.

Who cares if they are loud or not, if you want a reputation then start kicking heads in.

Sheffield people aren't expressive at the best of times. It's never going to be like Dortmund is it? I don't know why people are so surprised. South Yorkshire is packed full of grumpy blokes wearing flat caps and moaning about life. Why should Bramall Lane be any different? If you want atmosphere then go and live in Germany.
Have you ever met a German?

What I cannot understand it seems like you don't sit on the Kop people are anti-chanting or even remotely having any fun. I've been told to sit down when we have scored/1-2-1 on the South Stand a couple of times. I got so fed up with it I have moved back to the Kop to remotely have a bit of a laugh or fun.

I don't know how people can just go to a game and sit without having any kind of passion or interest, or even have a laugh! You are paying money to go and watch them, go and enjoy yourself!!!!

What I cannot understand it seems like you don't sit on the Kop people are anti-chanting or even remotely having any fun. I've been told to sit down when we have scored/1-2-1 on the South Stand a couple of times. I got so fed up with it I have moved back to the Kop to remotely have a bit of a laugh or fun.

I don't know how people can just go to a game and sit without having any kind of passion or interest, or even have a laugh! You are paying money to go and watch them, go and enjoy yourself!!!!
As my dad always said, "You don't enjoy yourself with Sheffield United!"

Too many of our fans are fickle. They've been spoilt over the last few seasons and think we have a device right to just win games. I've followed us long enough to know that is a very stupid idea.
The atmosphere this season has been non existent which is really surprising considering how long we had to wait to get back to the ground.
Our supporters at the minute are extremely quick to criticise but not so quick to praise.

Yesterday was one of the most one sided defeats I've seen in a long time, but, you could see it coming. If we're 0-0 at 60mins, the pendulum swings towards the opposition and this needs to change. I remember the Warnock days when we could be 2-0 down with 15mins left and we'd still be condifent we could get a result, we've not got that at the minute.
On the ball, we are fantastic to watch at times. To be honest we are fantastic to watch when it clicks. This brand of football is up there with the best I've seen in over 30y of watching. But... and there's always a but... our soft under belly is looking like its going to cost us.
Stoke at home. An exception.

I have been watching the Blades since 1953. I still watch every game. Over the years I have noticed that if we are playing well then the support and noise is great. If, however, we are dull and slow then the crowd are quiet and out shouted by the away fans. It works in reverse when we are the away team as our support then is very loud normally. At the moment watching the team can be compared to watching paint dry. Usually done in silence! If we become exciting to watch then the noise level will increase significantly.
Finally, going back to the spelling and grammar. As a young lad I lived very close to the ground and my dad was born in a house on BL. That didn’t stop me thinking it was called Brammer Lane as everyone around me pronounced it like that! Also the word grammar was used to describe my mum’s mum. I can understand the error that was made. Just saying!!!
Oh dear three exclamation marks 😩

Back
Top Bottom