Ollie Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, I’ve been defending him since he came. Saying that we should judge him when we start playing him in his rightful position of winger...Well, that view has changed. What a waste of a fucking shirt!

I'm just not sure taking the time to slag any one player is really worth it, benefits anyone or gets us anywhere? Maybe fair enough Lundstram, where the application and attitude just wasn't there, and it felt like he was taking the piss.

However Burke, same with Norwood, is different. It's gets noone anywhere. The individual here isn't the problem, it's the lack of a game plan, the lack of recruitment, the lack of creativity and ideas.

I think we're better than "he's a shit wanker".

Wasn't even in the top ten of worst players on the pitch tonight
Not defending the guy but at least his first thought isn't to stop have a moment then turn round and play a safe pass to a defender like most of his teammates
Agree to a degree but surely that would require him to have the ball under some kind of control

I remember the 76-81 era, so there were plenty of worst or just as bad players back then.

Burke has the speed and physique to be a reyt handful on the pitch, but you can tell he hasn't got the heart or desire for it.

Was he a Wilder signing or was he one that was brought in over his head?

I remember the 76-81 era, so there were plenty of worst or just as bad players back then.

Burke has the speed and physique to be a reyt handful on the pitch, but you can tell he hasn't got the heart or desire for it.

Inexplicably, CW negotiated a player + cash swap for Callum Robinson. One of several bizarre transfer decisions by our previous manager.

Marvin Johnson could have gone without kicking a ball for the blades and still be up there with the most integral players in our promotion season imo.

no one can deny the impact he had on Enda just by supplying competition. Before his arrival Enda was on his arse but post his arrival he was a world beater

Burke on the other hand, simply lacks a basic football brain, it’s bizarre to me that in this day and age players still make it to the top on athletic ability only. It’s certainly rare but he’s case in point.

hed be useful in American football, give him a preplanned route to run and he runs it but in proper football where he needs to make his own decisions he’s lacking

We have no proper wingers and so need to go with 3 centre backs and utilise our wing backs, at least for now. Burk and Brewster are not wingers and to think we did some sort of swap deal between Burk and Robinson, Robinson being the type of player we was crying out for last night.

All about opinions but I’m finding it difficult to see how some are defending him
Not sure people are defending him. More like pointing out we've had far, far worse players.

Many fans have very short memories

We have no proper wingers and so need to go with 3 centre backs and utilise our wing backs, at least for now. Burk and Brewster are not wingers and to think we did some sort of swap deal between Burk and Robinson, Robinson being the type of player we was crying out for last night.

That won’t get the players used to a new system though. They need to be playing differently and add in the new players needed to progress. Burke and Brewster didn’t work in the 352 system previously.

"Indeed, over his 59 minutes on the pitch, the 24-year-old was extremely ineffectual, mustering no shots – either on or off target – failing with all three of his attempted dribbles, completing a mere six passes and touching the ball just 15 times – less than half of the 37 Aaron Ramsdale managed between the Blades’ sticks."

Now some might say that it wasn't Burkes fault because of lack of service. While others might say that it is jus typical of his lacklustre contribution to the cause

Compare that to the work rate at the opposite side of the pitch from a 5ft nowt player who not only ran more in 15 mins than Burke did in 60, but he also shows the same work rate when not in possession of the ball as he does in possession. A completely different mindset to the lazy arse on the other wing

There were a good half a dozen last night that contributed about as much or as little as Burke, how come they don't get criticised? As for the pundit on Sky was waffling, re Slav is sending instructions onto the pitch via Mcgoldrick, if Burke was not doing the role asked of him, why didn't the manager talk to him, he was on the same side of the pitch!

There were a good half a dozen last night that contributed about as much or as little as Burke, how come they don't get criticised? As for the pundit on Sky was waffling, re Slav is sending instructions onto the pitch via Mcgoldrick, if Burke was not doing the role asked of him, why didn't the manager talk to him, he was on the same side of the pitch!

They do get criticised, well certainly from me. The difference is, the others occasionally put in a decent performance, including work rate and commitment. I see none of that from Burke on a consistent basis. I'm not really one to keep singling players out, but he infuriates me.

As for the manager talking to Burke and his the rest of his players, I don't know what SJ says, but that's both league games running he's hauled him off and subbed him.

They do get criticised, well certainly from me. The difference is, the others occasionally put in a decent performance, including work rate and commitment. I see none of that from Burke on a consistent basis. I'm not really one to keep singling players out, but he infuriates me.

As for the manager talking to Burke and his the rest of his players, I don't know what SJ says, but that's both league games running he's hauled him off and subbed him.
My point was, if someone is not playing to your instructions, and he is 2 yards away from you,,you don't shout the centre forward over, to tell him, to tell the guy at fault, he is at fault.

All about opinions but I’m finding it difficult to see how some are defending him

I watch him constantly and he’s such a lazy so and so when he hasn’t got the ball it beggars belief. It’s not as if he’s deserved the right to recover because of all the hard work he’s put in. He touchs the ball once every ten minutes and then saunters about
Just a waste of a shirt in my humble opinion

Osborn did more running in 15 minutes than Burke did all the time he was on and Osborne works just as hard off the ball as he does on it
Osborn creates little from his running and wasted two good opportunities. Burke created little also, but I don’t see him as a dreadful player.

Definitely a Wilder signing.

Definitely a Wilder signing.
I Don't get this idea re players brought in over the managers head, any manager has a simple answer to this,,don't play them, if 'we' are using that as the logical point, everyone not in the first 11, were brought in against the managers wishes,, we are also in danger of loaning a player that meets the dame criteria, Klopp never played Ben Davies, was he bought without Klopp knowing or wanting him?

I Don't get this idea re players brought in over the managers head, any manager has a simple answer to this,,don't play them, if 'we' are using that as the logical point, everyone not in the first 11, were brought in against the managers wishes,, we are also in danger of loaning a player that meets the dame criteria, Klopp never played Ben Davies, was he bought without Klopp knowing or wanting him?
Brentford managers don't get to choose which players they want to sign.
Going very well so far.

Brentford managers don't get to chose which players they want to sign.
Going very well so far.
Not saying it doesn't happen, what I am saying is, it seems to be a rumour to explain, why every CW signing wasn't a gold plated, 100% success

Wasn't even in the top ten of worst players on the pitch tonight
Not defending the guy but at least his first thought isn't to stop have a moment then turn round and play a safe pass to a defender like most of his teammates
Agree thought OB was our best outlet and was suprised wheen he was subbed i thought Osborn in midfield was a plus but I have being saying that since last year. To me the worst two players was Berg [ i am too good for here] one cameo run in the 75th minute is not enough, and the ghost that is Norwood]

Agree thought OB was our best outlet and was suprised wheen he was subbed i thought Osborn in midfield was a plus but I have being saying that since last year. To me the worst two players was Berg [ i am too good for here] one cameo run in the 75th minute is not enough, and the ghost that is Norwood]
Bit of controversy, but add in McGoldrick, yes he gave his usual effort, but when it really mattered, poor shots, poor choices

I think it’s a fair to say there were players who were as equally as bad as him, however those players are under performing and do posses the ability to do better.. Burke on the other hand just doesn’t have the ability

Not that I'd be bothered if we sold him really, but he's nowhere near as bad as the vitriol on here, not in the context of the rest of our squad.

His pace can be dangerous, and he's not nesh when it comes to 50/50s but he needs to lift his head up and be stronger in shoulder to shoulder situations.

Even if you think he's fucking wank and has no redeeming football qualities, he does try and genuinely seems to want to be a United player, so for me, doesn't deserve this level of abuse. He's not like Lundstram who didn't give a toss and was totally shit.

Agreed, and at the minute he's the only thing we have that causes opposition defenders any real problems.

I think he may be beyond any serious improvement in terms of technique, but I would like to keep him around, even if just as an option from the bench.

The only reason Burke gets in the team is because we spent years not signing anyone else with pace. He is crap at everything apart from running. A dreadful signing from a dreadful transfer window last year.

This is something I constantly think about… with the right coaching, could burke become an olympic sprinter.

Back
Top Bottom