Ollie Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All about opinions but I’m finding it difficult to see how some are defending him

I watch him constantly and he’s such a lazy so and so when he hasn’t got the ball it beggars belief. It’s not as if he’s deserved the right to recover because of all the hard work he’s put in. He touchs the ball once every ten minutes and then saunters about
Just a waste of a shirt in my humble opinion

Osborn did more running in 15 minutes than Burke did all the time he was on and Osborne works just as hard off the ball as he does on it

All about opinions but I’m finding it difficult to see how some are defending him

I watch him constantly and he’s such a lazy so and so when he hasn’t got the ball it beggars belief. It’s not as if he’s deserved the right to recover because of all the hard work he’s put in. He touchs the ball once every ten minutes and then saunters about
Just a waste of a shirt in my humble opinion

Osborn did more running in 15 minutes than Burke did all the time he was on and Osborne works just as hard off the ball as he does on it
Spot on. When I saw Burke in the lineup I though oh he’s in there to press the Swansea defenders who are adjusting to the new managers playing out the back style. But no. So lazy.

Suppose it's about time we had another scapegoat, eh?

For what it's worth, I think they all looked devoid of a gamplan or any clue tonight. That isn't their fault.

We have had worse but it has been a while since we had worse.

One of the thickest footballers I’ve ever seen. Should drop him for Bogle, who is our best creative player in n around the box imo. Ryan Sessegnon made a similar transition when Jokanovic moved him up the pitch

When he first arrived he'd press well and do a lot of harrying. I thought that could start to pay dividends through forcing mistakes against lower quality defenders. It's just not working out like that. I would use him as a sub as all he's got is pace and that is more of a factor against tiring players.

The first 15 mins I could not understand that if he was playing wide right why he wasnt getting back into that position out of possession. He was constantly in the middle of the field.swamsea had acres down the left.
But when you look closer , in the first half , I think the game plan was to play 4 up front but have them all very narrow. The coaching staff must have seen something in Swansea last game to justify that game plan.burke could have just been playing to the plan to be fair to him but I don't think defence is his forte.

Makes it a bigger mystery why we are building a team and style of play that suits him and no one else.

Not that I'd be bothered if we sold him really, but he's nowhere near as bad as the vitriol on here, not in the context of the rest of our squad.

His pace can be dangerous, and he's not nesh when it comes to 50/50s but he needs to lift his head up and be stronger in shoulder to shoulder situations.

Even if you think he's fucking wank and has no redeeming football qualities, he does try and genuinely seems to want to be a United player, so for me, doesn't deserve this level of abuse. He's not like Lundstram who didn't give a toss and was totally shit.

Back
Top Bottom