CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I always appreciate your player suggestions to be fair Ricky . What do you think we need from the remaining days of the transfer window and what players do you think could fill those roles?

For me, I would still feel a lot more comfortable with some more competition at RCB, RWB and CM. As for players, I'd love Reece James or Conor Coady but I don't see their clubs allowing them to leave this Summer. I'm honestly a bit stuck for ideas..

Matt Phillips is one we should go for if he's available and doesn't have fitness issues. He'd massively strengthen our right side, and would probably be the final piece in our attacking jigsaw. We need to balance up our right and left sided strength and he'd do that. I think we'll have quite strong interest.

Jonathan Hogg may lack versatility but is good at what he does and would undoubtedly strengthen us a lot. I expect strong interest in him too.

The versatile quality players who cover 3 positions like James or Chambers don't seem viable now.

If we have even more money to spend I wonder if we could go for Andy Rinomhota, the highly rated young defensive midfielder at Reading.

Phillips could be seen as the RCM option too but there's the possibility that his availability means we might be looking at him as an unplanned, additional signing to the planned RCM.

A RCB addition might now be unlikely.

Listen, listen... We've surpassed what we thought possible in the attacking area. We've had to rethink the idea of spending big on a CM with the strikers Hogging the budget but we have one or two things up our sleeve. We're hopeful with Rav, in any case.

I'm more than hopeful with Rav. What worries me is how long CW will take to unleash him beyond the promise of Lundstram.

It really is there junction of Pentre Mawr Rd & Llangyfelach St. Here it is from 2 other angles. Winding everyone at work up with it. Been a long time coming but I new a change was gunna come.

Just to add insult to injury it only went up yesterday.

Attachments

• BB4234BB-4DAF-4AC3-B407-EB680BF25654.jpeg
    BB4234BB-4DAF-4AC3-B407-EB680BF25654.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 6FD4B757-8604-407F-AD02-CC99218BD651.jpeg
    6FD4B757-8604-407F-AD02-CC99218BD651.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 71

It really is there junction of Pentre Mawr Rd & Llangyfelach St. Here it is from 2 other angles. Winding everyone at work up with it. Been a long time coming but I new a change was gunna come.

Just to add insult to injury it only went up yesterday.
Yet more Shithousery from Sky. I like it!!

Just had a nap. Woke up expecting a big green sign ! WTF! No ! We have to wait while Friday! For gods sake!

Matt Phillips is one we should go for if he's available and doesn't have fitness issues. He'd massively strengthen our right side, and would probably be the final piece in our attacking jigsaw. We need to balance up our right and left sided strength and he'd do that. I think we'll have quite strong interest.

Jonathan Hogg may lack versatility but is good at what he does and would undoubtedly strengthen us a lot. I expect strong interest in him too.

The versatile quality players who cover 3 positions like James or Chambers don't seem viable now.

If we have even more money to spend I wonder if we could go for Andy Rinomhota, the highly rated young defensive midfielder at Reading.

Phillips could be seen as the RCM option too but there's the possibility that his availability means we might be looking at him as an unplanned, additional signing to the planned RCM.

A RCB addition might now be unlikely.

Maybe Phillips could be converted into a RWB? I have a slight memory of him playing that position at some stage? Perhaps because of injuries? Probably wrong. Usually am. Bit in nervous system. Might be brain.

I think if we sre in for Matt Phillips wilder is definately thinking of other shapes/formations. Robinson played at the left of a three and maybe we want Phillips for the right. (Moussett can probably cover both of these too) and with Sharp/Mcburnie in the middle. It would allow us to play with 2 more defensive/deeper players (no CAM) and still keep our defensive shape (overlappping centre backs)

I think if we sre in for Matt Phillips wilder is definately thinking of other shapes/formations. Robinson played at the left of a three and maybe we want Phillips for the right. (Moussett can probably cover both of these too) and with Sharp/Mcburnie in the middle. It would allow us to play with 2 more defensive/deeper players (no CAM) and still keep our defensive shape (overlappping centre backs)
Right. I'm going to sleep now as work tomorrow early morning. I await the green confirmed. On a positive note I go sea fishing Sat afternoon then Golf day part 3 with my local on Sunday. IOM Blade....who are you?

If it’s right that the delay in the announcement is due to the promotional film being produced then it better be up there with Citizen Kane and the Godfather to justify this length of delay.

It needs to be ratified (rubber stamped for the simpletons) by the Premier League. That’s the delay. That’s why there aren’t many ‘swift’ transfers in the Premier League, especially when they’re from another division.

The media team at the club prepare the video well before its ratified. Then we just wait for the ok from the league and we announce it. Very simple.

Get a bloody grip. As long as he’s signed before the deadline I couldn’t give less of a fuck if we never announced it - just surprised the fans by putting him in the squad. Some heads would fall off, the meltdown would be hilarious.

Maybe Phillips could be converted into a RWB? I have a slight memory of him playing that position at some stage? Perhaps because of injuries? Probably wrong. Usually am. Bit in nervous system. Might be brain.

RWB is what I'd have in mind for him. He has played there before for West Brom. Very capable of it with the strength and (top level) experience he's gained in recent years - in quite a defensive, hardworking team. Would offer a lot offensively from that position. Generally, added height. Plus strength. Bit at set pieces. Bonuses.

Also an option for a more focused attacking role - typically against the top sides as he'd do a good defensive job from the front and is a good one for counter attacking.

It needs to be ratified (rubber stamped for the simpletons) by the Premier League. That’s the delay. That’s why there aren’t many ‘swift’ transfers in the Premier League, especially when they’re from another division.

The media team at the club prepare the video well before its ratified. Then we just wait for the ok from the league and we announce it. Very simple.

Get a bloody grip. As long as he’s signed before the deadline I couldn’t give less of a fuck if we never announced it - just surprised the fans by putting him in the squad. Some heads would fall off, the meltdown would be hilarious.
a
Like I've said before the transfer being delayed by the media team is now in the realms of the fax machine ,the greasy chip butty ringtone and selling players for _ insert shit joke _ and a _ insert second shit joke _

Once one melt says another dozen melts believe it and soon it becomes melt folklore

a
Like I've said before the transfer being delayed by the media team is now in the realms of the fax machine ,the greasy chip butty ringtone and selling players for _ insert shit joke _ and a _ insert second shit joke _

Once one melt says another dozen melts believe it and soon it becomes melt folklore
Indeed

I knew it anyway because I’d been told that’s what was holding up the Freeman announcement - But in the behind the scenes with Mousset the fat man who interviews literally says it to him

RWB is what I'd have in mind for him. He has played there before for West Brom. Very capable of it with the strength and (top level) experience he's gained in recent years - in quite a defensive, hardworking team. Would offer a lot offensively from that position. Generally, added height. Plus strength. Bit at set pieces. Bonuses.

Also an option for a more focused attacking role - typically against the top sides as he'd do a good defensive job from the front and is a good one for counter attacking.
I really like Phillips but we don’t need him unless Freeman or Baldock go before the deadline

RCB or RCM much more pressing

Just to add a bit of a creative slant, I think it would be a good, if Wilder played the Captain of a cruise liner that approaches a deserted island.

Suddenly, out of a line of palm trees, an under nourished bloke with a long unkempt beard appears and runs waving, toward the shoreline. Cut back to the bridge where Captain Wilder focuses his binoculars, to reveal our new £20 million signing Oliver McBurnie wearing the all white second kit.

I’m sure they could produce something similar on Ladybower, with a bit of imagination, I mean, its not like they haven’t had long enough 🤨

I really like Phillips but we don’t need him unless Freeman or Baldock go before the deadline

RCB or RCM much more pressing

He can be an option at RCM too, especially in a deeper 3.

Even if it was just for RWB, we shouldn't pass up the chance to sign an excellent player and strengthen there, and there are suggestions we could move for an additional outfield player after McBurnie and a CM.

I'm not sure RCB is such a concern - Bash, Jags and Egan can all play there. And I have a good amount of belief in Bash.

Phillips and Robinson are both comfortable on either side and with either foot. Good possibilities there.

Back
Top Bottom