CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, Hodgy's Broken Thumb, I taught Brian Arblaster (Oliver's Grandfather ) at Killamarsh Secondary School between 1957-1959 and, I too, cannot recall his playing for United. I do seem to recall he was on our books though. He did play for Barnsley and Chesterfield but may be wrong on the latter one. Maybe Silent can help. He was a 'Happy go lucky' type of lad who got on with everybody.
BTW, Hodgy, I,also, played against Mexborough Grammar in the nineteen fifties-which school were you at?
Seen him play for the reserves,I don't think he started a 1st team match.
Hodgy rarely mixed a match and Des Thomson did make the occasional start,I was only a kid in them days so things are a bit misty if you get my drift.
Thomson was a regular starter for the reserves ! I remember him wearing a goalie Jersey with holes in the back ! odd thing to remember but true.
Also around that time Dave Gaskill man utd reserves flashed his arse at the crowd as he was getting some stick,not sure but I think he was in a bit of bother with it.
Most areas of the ground were open
For reserve games in those days ! With the smallish crowds comments were easily picked up by the players ,
Gaskell responded ! I think he was just having a laugh which backfired.

Yes,Finley. Holes in the kit was not so uncommon in those days. One of my first Blades matches was in 1947-8 season (won 4-1, or 4-0) against Grimsby in a Div. 1 match. Several of the Mariners players had numerous holes in socks and shirts. Those were real austere days in life and football. Most teams used the same shirts for a whole season. As you say, a weird thing to remember.

Seems like this is a bit off topic to the general conversation on this thread, however, I think I’d give him a start tomorrow. Fresh legs & comfortable on the ball. We looked knackered on Tuesday & I presume Osborn is particularly tired.

Norwood Bash Arblaster might not be a bad combination even if it’s just for 50-60 mins

My guess is he’ll stay on the bench?

I’ve heard he’s off out loan soon to Chezzie but we’ll see?
Be disappointing if he goes there. From what little we’ve seen, he could play at a higher level.

Be disappointing if he goes there. From what little we’ve seen, he could play at a higher level.
It would make sense to send him there if it's a youth loan (not 100% sure if he's eligible) as that gives us the option for him to still train & play u21s games with us and recall him after 28 days. If he went to a club in a higher league in January he'd be gone til summer.

It would make sense to send him there if it's a youth loan (not 100% sure if he's eligible) as that gives us the option for him to still train & play u21s games with us and recall him after 28 days. If he went to a club in a higher league in January he'd be gone til summer.
Good signing from them if true. Gets him game time & can return to us or higher up the leagues if he’s a success

Millhouseblade:

“Norwood Bash Arblaster might not be a bad combination even if it’s just for 50-60 mins”

Me:

“My guess is he’ll stay on the bench?”

Could well be I was wrong?

Good to see a young Blade starting today. One of the few positive points in a poor first half, hopefully the first start of many for us.
Thought he did well today without being spectacular, probably need a loan in a lower league before he's a regular starter

I thought we would start playing again in 4 weeks. Has something changed ?

You can loan to non league for short term, so he can get match practice and still be back for us when we restart

Seen him play for the reserves,I don't think he started a 1st team match.
Hodgy rarely mixed a match and Des Thomson did make the occasional start,I was only a kid in them days so things are a bit misty if you get my drift.
Thomson was a regular starter for the reserves ! I remember him wearing a goalie Jersey with holes in the back ! odd thing to remember but true.
Also around that time Dave Gaskill man utd reserves flashed his arse at the crowd as he was getting some stick,not sure but I think he was in a bit of bother with it.
Most areas of the ground were open
For reserve games in those days ! With the smallish crowds comments were easily picked up by the players ,
Gaskell responded ! I think he was just having a laugh which backfired.
The incident with David Gaskell is what I assume is being reported in the Utd v Man Utd programme from December 1st 1962. The Reserves match was November 24th:
F718D0A5-0ACC-4AAE-A3BF-371BA72521D2.jpeg
According to the programme, which carefully does not mention exactly
what he did, he upset your peace of mind! You appear to have survived the trauma! I couldn’t find a bare arse emoji to illustrate the story🤣

The incident with David Gaskell is what I assume is being reported in the Utd v Man Utd programme from December 1st 1962. The Reserves match was November 24th:
View attachment 147845
According to the programme, which carefully does not mention exactly
what he did, he upset your peace of mind! You appear to have survived the trauma! I couldn’t find a bare arse emoji to illustrate the story🤣
See Billy Russell died a few days ago.His hatrick at St James Park ! Probably the highlight of his career with promotion following in spring.
I was on there open end mixed with Blades and toon fans ! there wasn't any trouble .
Newcastle went on to concede 100 goals and relegated.
Promotion and an epic semi- final (3 matches ) with Leicester for us.
I still think doc Paces goal at Elland Rd was legitimate.

See Billy Russell died a few days ago.His hatrick at St James Park ! Probably the highlight of his career with promotion following in spring.
I was on there open end mixed with Blades and toon fans ! there wasn't any trouble .
Newcastle went on to concede 100 goals and relegated.
Promotion and an epic semi- final (3 matches ) with Leicester for us.
I still think doc Paces goal at Elland Rd was legitimate.
We must have been in the same part of the ground at St James Park that afternoon. What a day! My favourite away match of all time (including winning promotion at Leicester). I was at the wrong end of the ground for the Pace ‘winner’. You sound an honest chap (like Pace), so I will believe you both!

We must have been in the same part of the ground at St James Park that afternoon. What a day! My favourite away match of all time (including winning promotion at Leicester). I was at the wrong end of the ground for the Pace ‘winner’. You sound an honest chap (like Pace), so I will believe you both!
Yes I was on the terraces opposite Doc ,I think we would have gone on to win.
After those cup runs in the late fifties and early 60s we had a real barren spell for about 30 years until D Bassett came along and we played pigs at Wembley.

Seen on Instagram a comment from Arblaster that he will “come back stronger” and then he posted a picture of an IV in his arm. Anyone know what is going on?

Back
Top Bottom