Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like Len had been photoshopped. Probably away with the England Youth at the time the photo was taken.
Off the top of my head, with Bernard Shaw being there I would think Badger was on a full England call up.
The photo is early 1960's, no later than '64, looking at the kit.
There is a photo of Ramsey addressing a full England squad, outdoors. Badger is sitting on a ball and taking no notice of Ramsey whilst the rest of the squad are paying attention. I thought I had it on file, but no, and I cannot find it again.

Off the top of my head, with Bernard Shaw being there I would think Badger was on a full England call up.
The photo is early 1960's, no later than '64, looking at the kit.
There is a photo of Ramsey addressing a full England squad, outdoors. Badger is sitting on a ball and taking no notice of Ramsey whilst the rest of the squad are paying attention. I thought I had it on file, but no, and I cannot find it again.
Deffo 1964 when we won the NIL and cup double

Yes, that would be right, I remember, in his autobiography, Alan Birchenall telling the funny stories about the youth tournament in Holland
Another possibility could be a more local trophy, as the younger youngsters were also having success, as the programme from the Wolves game (March 31, 1964) explains:
A698C798-6B2F-4B2E-B38D-13569FF8496C.jpeg

Quandary photo, date, stated as 1991, Blades kit confirms that. Obviously at the Lane. Whitehouse & Sheridan, participants.
aaaAAA Whitehouse & Sheridan at the Lane. Not a league match, small crowd..jpg
Surely not a league match, with crowd.
Reserves or behind closed doors practice?

Cooper and Marciano.jpg
A young Henry, the other feller was doing a little managing and had brought a fighter over for the bout. No date.

As Blade1959 says Hallam next Mick Harmston. Peck 2nd left back row (next to Mackenzkie).
Clarke between Staniforth & Speight. Stuart Hutchison between Staniforth and Jimmy House.

Took this from a photo from 1968 on page 664.

Learned yesterday Stuart Hutchinson has just passed away.

Really nice bloke.

RIP

Last edited:
Took this from a photo from 1968 on page 664.

Learned yesterday Stuart Hutchinson has just passed away.

Really nice bloke.

RIP
Really sorry to hear that. Watched Stuart many times on the Ball Inn and thought he had a good chance of making it with his all action up and at em style. Alas it was not to be.
RIP Stuart.

3 photos of the old boys by Furniss of 254 Langsett Rd, Sheffield. Jasper Redfern and Furniss took most of the early photos of the Blades. Anyone know the Blade on the bottom left, it is really bugging me. Though tit was Brelsford but I know it is not...

UTB

IMG_6316 copy.jpg

3 photos of the old boys by Furniss of 254 Langsett Rd, Sheffield. Jasper Redfern and Furniss took most of the early photos of the Blades. Anyone know the Blade on the bottom left, it is really bugging me. Though tit was Brelsford but I know it is not...

UTB

View attachment 180714
Harold Pantling. He played in the 1925 FA Cup final.

Back
Top Bottom