Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I m 70 I started school in 1958 and left in around 71 . I have no need to lie about not seeing any non whites in my time as it was true.

1967/68 before you saw a non white? Yeah okay.

What about your Close defence? On google for a tenuous rebuttal?

I went to Rowlinson which was an all boys school so never saw many girls up to being 15. Got some school photos and everyone was an acne covered whitey.its just how it was.

No girls either :)

S2 was pretty diverse in the early sixties then, girls and both West Indian boys and girls.

No one had a stab at what game this is, it’s the 1-1 draw in the Fa Cup Quarter Final against Norwich, we lost the replay but this was a really good chance to get to the FA cup final, Norwich was a 3rd division side at the time.

But what makes this photo interesting is that is United having an effort at goal, do you see the Norwich keepers right arm down by his side? He dislocated his shoulder in the match and carried on playing with just one working arm, we couldn’t beat a one armed keeper and get a winner 🙈

No one had a stab at what game this is, it’s the 1-1 draw in the Fa Cup Quarter Final against Norwich, we lost the replay but this was a really good chance to get to the FA cup final, Norwich was a 3rd division side at the time.

But what makes this photo interesting is that is United having an effort at goal, do you see the Norwich keepers right arm down by his side? He dislocated his shoulder in the match and carried on playing with just one working arm, we couldn’t beat a one armed keeper and get a winner 🙈
He never played again after this game. Billy Russell on the floor and Ronnie Simpson on the left wing.

Yeah - I was there ,Feb 1959. Ken Nethercott was the " one -armed " GK Hated Norwich ever since.

Mid 1950s. Not sure if this is Arthur Bottom?
Certain it's not Arthur, and looking at it again sure it's Daz, as called on Terrace, started 1955.
Our son worked with Arthur Bottoms son at Dormer tools and met Arthur on several occasions. A character by all accounts.

Certain it's not Arthur, and looking at it again sure it's Daz, as called on Terrace, started 1955.
Our son worked with Arthur Bottoms son at Dormer tools and met Arthur on several occasions. A character by all accounts.
The poster put " Bottom " as a description of who was top . i.e vaulting and who was bottom, i.e. making the back. Arthur Bottom it is not.!

Back
Top Bottom