Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely no idea if this is the spot to share it, but seems as good a place as anywhere for a bit of nostalgia – a fan’s account from the game, including reviews of the players. This is the game where on another thread Silent Blade
mentions an open goal missed by Kindon for Wolves (apparently nicknamed The Flying Wardrobe).

There will be about 20 of these to follow (mostly United): https://footballreports.substack.com/p/sheff-utd-1-4-wolves
God that was painful reading, raking up in some detail, the abortion of a season,75-76.
Players who were never good enough and good players past their best, plus good players totally confused, lead by two managers who were 'cheap as chips' choices, adding up to total embarrassment and melt down.:mad:
It's the Bladesway though. 😁

Recognise yourself or anyone you know? I don't but you may.View attachment 140386Also, get Yorkshire V Hampshire at Scarbados on you tube, be a interesting last day tomorrow, 15 overs left tonight.
Think it is the Anglo Scottish Cup match v Newcastle in August 1976. Looks like Steve Goulding behind Jim Brown.

Fighting in the Kop after Newcastle scored the only goal of the match

Recognise yourself or anyone you know? I don't but you may. Also, get Yorkshire V Hampshire at Scarbados on you tube, be a interesting last day tomorrow, 15 overs left tonight.
Think I’ve spotted Rory Gallagher just above the St. John’s Ambulance bloke’s hat, wearing a tank top.

Don Revie's first get together after becoming England's manager in 1974. Not sure how many players he had invited. I can see TC, Geoff Salmons and John Tudor

View attachment 140585
I’m never any good at spotting old footballers, but I‘ll try. Alan Clarke talking to TC, Malcolm Mc Donald front row, second right. Peter Shilton back row, fifth right and Frank Worthington back row, fourth left. Any, or all of those may be wrong😀😀

Think it is the Anglo Scottish Cup match v Newcastle in August 1976. Looks like Steve Goulding behind Jim Brown.

Fighting in the Kop after Newcastle scored the only goal of the match
I thought it looked like Tony Field??

First B/W photo, LtoR Ted Burgin, Albert Cox, Ukn, could it be Joe Shaw, Alf Ringstead in background, Derek Hawksworth, Ces Coldwell, Reg Wright assistant trainer, Ukn, Fred Furness.
Well remember that old dressing room when passing through old JSS on way to the Terrace c1950's. Thanks for posting the other photos not seen before except for the squad photo.
Anyone name the two players I can't?

First B/W photo, LtoR Ted Burgin, Albert Cox, Ukn, could it be Joe Shaw, Alf Ringstead in background, Derek Hawksworth, Ces Coldwell, Reg Wright assistant trainer, Ukn, Fred Furness.
Well remember that old dressing room when passing through old JSS on way to the Terrace c1950's. Thanks for posting the other photos not seen before except for the squad photo.
Anyone name the two players I can't?
Sam McNab and Ted Burgin the ones you couldnt identify?

Back
Top Bottom