Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many of the others does your uncle know that still goes to the Lane?

I've just sent it to him and he was delighted to see it. A few are no longer with us he told me. There is a few who were good friends with my Uncles/Dad growing up who I knew. Not sure he is in touch with any from there sadly.

He says thanks for finding it. He said it was taken at a pitch near Norton/Gleadless - I thought it was the Ball Inn ground but it might be just off Bochum Parkway?

He says they were thw first ever SUFC supporters team he thinks and finished 2nd in the league they were in

I've just sent it to him and he was delighted to see it. A few are no longer with us he told me. There is a few who were good friends with my Uncles/Dad growing up who I knew. Not sure he is in touch with any from there sadly.

He says thanks for finding it. He said it was taken at a pitch near Norton/Gleadless - I thought it was the Ball Inn ground but it might be just off Bochum Parkway?

He says they were thw first ever SUFC supporters team he thinks and finished 2nd in the league they were in
Big possibility photo taken in Herdings Park on Norton Ave.

Manchester City every time ehI
Can see't balloon going up there if't dog's not got under control.
April 1st 1967. Just before half time Mick Jones headed in a Woody corner and then blood spilled from the Kop. A mate of mine said it was the worst fighting he had seen.

The photo was taken in the 1st half so maybe it wasnt long before Mick's goal

Is it at Fulham ground with Danny Begara in the background?
I haven't a clue.
It's the 1978-79 shirt, plus sunny and pitch looks pristine which would suggest early season with the word 'London' on ad. hording. Blades wearing white shorts & red sox which would suggest opposition are wearing black shorts and white sox which would be Fulham, 1978-79, you've convinced me, thanks so much. UTB

I haven't a clue.
It's the 1978-79 shirt, plus sunny and pitch looks pristine which would suggest early season with the word 'London' on ad. hording. Blades wearing white shorts & red sox which would suggest opposition are wearing black shorts and white sox which would be Fulham, 1978-79, you've convinced me, thanks so much. UTB
Woody's last match for us

April 1st 1967. Just before half time Mick Jones headed in a Woody corner and then blood spilled from the Kop. A mate of mine said it was the worst fighting he had seen.

The photo was taken in the 1st half so maybe it wasnt long before Mick's goal
Would that be the dart incident game?
Being a Terrace'ite I didn't see much first hand, only walking wounded passing to be patched up or ejected.

Back
Top Bottom