Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello
I thought that might be the best thread to ask in so here goes.
Was telling my wife the other day about photos of me, my dad and my sister at the football. We have one really good one of us at Watford waiting to go to Wembley in 2009. However, I was telling her on a photo that used to hang in the club ticket office. I am pretty sure that it was taken of fans in the Kop following us scoring against Wolves on 25 September 1999! I know a long time ago! Hence this is a very long shot. Does anyone on this site know who might have been responsible for this and whether a copy might exist still? We appear quite prominently on it and it would be awesome to find. Sadly I feel as it is before the likes of digital it will be long gone. Any how question asked. PS I have asked the club and they don't keep them....

This is currently on at Weston Park:

It's just in one gallery and it revisits pictures taken in the 80s and early 90s. Some of it is quite depressing, with abandoned old works and the Don Valley a shadow of its steel making prime, but some some excellent pictures and it's worth an hour of anyone's time.

1958_catcliff_ctyPrimary.jpg
1958, Catcliffe County Primary senior team

Teacher at the back
Mr Jones

from Right to Left
back row
Dennis Stuart, Brian Hadfield, Mick Staniland, Trevor Peat, Mick Leaning, Barry Radford
Front row
Trevor Brown, John Chapman, Dave Castor, Tony Storrs, Doug Littalboy

I'm not on there my buisness partner is though.

I’ll check it doesn’t look like an August day though.
The photos your friend sent to you was definitely the first match of the 1967-68 season as you can see in the photo below. We wore black shorts against Forest in August 1966 and we wore the white shorts against them in August 1967.
Forest66.jpg

No. This was the Junior Blades squad rather than the SUFC Youth team
Okay, what was a Junior Blades squad?

I played against Junior Blades at Sunday league junior football but that looks like a very big squad for Sunday league football

Okay, what was a Junior Blades squad?

I played against Junior Blades at Sunday league junior football but that looks like a very big squad for Sunday league football
It was a Junior Sunday club. Young Owls, Handsworth, Greenhill, Handley Wood (later Staveley WMC) and Junior Blades were the strongest teams in my son's age level. The Junior Blades team was managed by a Wendy season ticket holder (Carlos Shires) and the Young Owls team was managed by a Blade season ticket holder (Craig Wilson)

Back
Top Bottom