Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Recon 10 years difference between photo and programme it is on though it don't look like TC at 10.
Steve Cammack playing Beattie's horse?
If I'm on the right track it could be 72-73 Aug. but it don't look like t'Lane.
Youth game or whatever structure was relevant at that time maybe.
Last match of the season 1973/74, 27th April, away game.
Terrry Nicholl at No 10. TC missed the end of the season after a cartilage op

Recon 10 years difference between photo and programme it is on though it don't look like TC at 10.
Steve Cammack playing Beattie's horse?
If I'm on the right track it could be 72-73 Aug. but it don't look like t'Lane.
Youth game or whatever structure was relevant at that time maybe.
Steve Cammack and Terry Nicholl (TC missed the last few games of that season as he had a knee op which would have meant him missing the World Cup had England qualified). Ipswich 0 Blades 1 (Woodward) in April 1974

Last match of the season 1973/74, 27th April, away game.
Terrry Nicholl at No 10. TC missed the end of the season after a cartilage op
Steve Cammack and Terry Nicholl (TC missed the last few games of that season as he had a knee op which would have meant him missing the World Cup had England qualified). Ipswich 0 Blades 1 (Woodward) in April 1974
Thank you both, grateful, fills another black hole in my memory. 👏 👏
Strange choice for a testimonial programme cover, 8 years old, was on the losing side.
Beattie was a player and a half, would have thought his efforts would have thrown up a better choice to represent his better than average career.
As a Blade though I am grateful for there choice.☺️

I remember watching the semi finals and the final on BBC Sportsnight. I was aware we beat Rangers 3-0 but lost to Southampton in the quarter final. First time tonight I found out who were in our squad

View attachment 109826
View attachment 109827
"In the interval between the second semi final and the final there will be ladies' football"
Hope there was a bar there.

Hands up if you picked up your ball and went outside to practice the Cruyff turn. Me.
Did the same when I first saw the Currie Shuffle. Straight out onto the road and practiced doing the Currie Shuffle, got better at it than TC.
the holland team of 1974 are still the best international team i have ever seen played some fantastic football brazil team of 1970 are the 2nd best for me

the holland team of 1974 are still the best international team i have ever seen played some fantastic football brazil team of 1970 are the 2nd best for me
Brave to make that decision. Both fantastic teams but I probably would go the other way. You could debate that question for hours. Two teams there that had flair ,skill and movement where as todays teams are all pace and diving.

Brave to make that decision. Both fantastic teams but I probably would go the other way. You could debate that question for hours. Two teams there that had flair ,skill and movement where as todays teams are all pace and diving.
no i will stick with holland total football players turning up in all sorts of positions they should have won the world cup in 74

Don’t recognise the player, but love the way the ref in the background is standing hand-on-hips, and can’t be arsed to keep up with play!
Go on then XM, haven't really a clue, but I'll stick my neck out and say mid 50s, Burnley, Jimmy Mcllroy
Trevor Ford
Trevor Ford, apologies for not replying earlier, dun't lifeget complicated at times.
An enigma to me growing up, don't believe I saw him play, but maybe I'll find his name on a programme from a match I've seen.
Always seemed to be in football books of the day, with my first memory, as shown, in the Stanley Matthews book of c1950.Trevor Ford colour AV (2).jpg Moved to Sunderland, believe WR fee £30,000Trevor Ford colour Sun'd.jpg

and to Cardiff CityTrevor Ford colour Cardiff.jpg

Trevor Ford, apologies for not replying earlier, dun't lifeget complicated at times.
An enigma to me growing up, don't believe I saw him play, but maybe I'll find his name on a programme from a match I've seen.
Always seemed to be in football books of the day, with my first memory, as shown, in the Stanley Matthews book of c1950.View attachment 110049 Moved to Sunderland, believe WR fee £30,000View attachment 110050

and to Cardiff CityView attachment 110051
This might jog your memory. The only time I saw him was at the Lane in January 1956; Utd won 2-1. Afraid I haven’t got the programme, but I do have the one from the following game, which, as was normal then, had a photo of the previous match on the front. Unfortunately, Trevor Ford is not in the picture, so this is not my finest post. But I always like an excuse to look out the old programmes!
5AEF85DC-C60A-41FA-9D06-E2D54E7C136B.jpeg

Around Infirmary Road/Langsett Road during Supertram construction. Jan 1995.
I took these photos partly because I assumed all those old, derelict shops would disappear along with Kelvin, but I've just seen that the shops are still there.

View attachment 110164

View attachment 110165

View attachment 110166
Sorry if this is a bit nerdish but at the side of the Acropolis hairdresser across Burgoyne Rd was the little petrol station in The Full Monty where Carlyle and his son were walking.

Back
Top Bottom