Nyron Nosworthy [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nyron Nosworthy has completed his move to Sheffield United on loan from Sunderland.

Skysports.com understands that Portsmouth failed to agree a financial package with the former Gillingham defender, so he opted for Bramall Lane instead.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is a fan of Nosworthy but, with the recent signing of Matt Kilgallon from the Blades and the imminent arrival of Alan Hutton, he agreed to a loan for the 29-year-old stopper.

Nosworthy attracted interest from a number of clubs and Pompey were favourites, but they could not agree terms.

Now Sheffield United have finalised a deal for Nosworthy, who will spend the rest of the season with the Championship club.

I'd imagine actually getting paid was a sticking point in the discussions.

Hi guys! A die hard Sunderland Supporter here. I have watched Noz play for a number of seasons now.

Position

He is used to play right back but was turned into a centre half by Roy Keane in our promotion season. It was a masterstroke at the time because he was struggling to find his feet at sunderland. He played fantastically well in that season and we even made a chant for him.

Character + Playing ability

Very good professional and loved by all at the club. He is very strong and quick. However, he is prone to a daft moment like doing a few tricks when he should get rid. For the reason I mentioned, I dont believe him to be premiership quality but I think he will be one of the best defenders in the championship.

How does he respond to booing and abusive heckling?

I believe he has been brought in for the height and length he can get on his clearances / passes! Seriously though, I think he will be a decent addition to the team.

He probably also wins the Bert Menlove Memorial Trophy for daftest name for a United player.

Thats fuuny and this thread could turn in to the funniest of the season. Thanks Darren

I like that he has the very normal middle name of 'Paul'.

We all ought to refer to him as Paul from now on. Or maybe that would just be boring.

Hi guys! A die hard Sunderland Supporter here. I have watched Noz play for a number of seasons now.

Position

He is used to play right back but was turned into a centre half by Roy Keane in our promotion season. It was a masterstroke at the time because he was struggling to find his feet at sunderland. He played fantastically well in that season and we even made a chant for him.

Character + Playing ability

Very good professional and loved by all at the club. He is very strong and quick. However, he is prone to a daft moment like doing a few tricks when he should get rid. For the reason I mentioned, I dont believe him to be premiership quality but I think he will be one of the best defenders in the championship.

Thanks for the info if he makes us laugh for whatever reason for the rest of the season it may take away some frustration.
Come on tell us the chant please.

Congratulations also to Blackwell for drafting in an excellent replacement for Killa.

Just waiting for OS confirmation before shifting this thread :)

More to the point, can we shoehorn an oh so funny abusive name from rearranging or inserting letters into his name?

That seems to be the required these days :)

hanf on a moment, this looks like a potentially good signing. Strong and quick is exactly what we need. He could be a vcery good partner for Morgan. With Seip returning from injury we'll have good competition for places (and Fotune will be miles away from the first 11, i.e. exactly where he should be).

Has this loan been confirmed anywhere? Not on the official site & not had an official text yet.

Don't think we could have done much more than this and the Sunderland fans I know can't speak highly enough of him as a player who gives 100%. He's also a decent athlete and I'm pleased. Well done KB, I'm sure your scintillating personality made all the difference!

Having said that, I find loan signings so difficult to get behind. I know we needed somebody but it's the short-termism of it all that gets me. KB's plans are built around the loan system - it is totally wrong and not conducive to sustained progress.

I sincerely hopes NN makes a great tackle in last minute at Wembley to win us the game but in reality this summer we're going to have a depserate problem at CB and a pathetic manager trying to do something about it.

Looks like a good move, i don't think we'd get away with the current defensive lineup for much longer without conceding increasingly damaging amounts of goals.

Now we just have to hope that he stays away from injury and that we can get Seip and Naysmith back from injury as soon as possible.

Don't think we could have done much more than this and the Sunderland fans I know can't speak highly enough of him as a player who gives 100%. He's also a decent athlete and I'm pleased. Well done KB, I'm sure your scintillating personality made all the difference!

Having said that, I find loan signings so difficult to get behind. I know we needed somebody but it's the short-termism of it all that gets me. KB's plans are built around the loan system - it is totally wrong and not conducive to sustained progress.

I sincerely hopes NN makes a great tackle in last minute at Wembley to win us the game but in reality this summer we're going to have a depserate problem at CB and a pathetic manager trying to do something about it.
But the short termism means you aren't tied to paying longer term contract for players on premiership wages.

I think it makes total sense, if you go up and play well you can always try for a permanent deal in the summer. If you don't then you look to loan someone else for next season if they don't want to come back. The problem is there are a lot of PL squads with players they aren't going to use sat doing nothing. The Championship clubs can't afford their wages and the players aren't going to move for a pay cut so you play the system.

The problem is a deal for a decent Championship player his Nosworthy would probably cost us in the region of £4-5 Million all in over 3 years. £15K a week over three years £2.3 Million, signing on fee, agents fees, transfer fee.
£5 Million where are we going to generate that kind of money from and that's for one player?

Anyway........They tried to get the ball past Nyron he said no, no, no.

I like that he has the very normal middle name of 'Paul'.

Just the one.... According to wikipedia his name is

Nyron Newman Nigel Norman Nilbert Paul Nosworthy

Also Wikipedia says this...
astounding critics with a superb defensive display with new central defensive partner Paul McShane

I bet that sentence has never been said twice. McShane is chuffing awful

people always say on here 'oh i saw ______ at BDTBL today!' etc. Blackwell has said in his interview that he had nosworthy here on friday... my question is this: how the hell did nobody see him! he's massive! haha

I posted earlier I got at text at 11 ish saying he was at the Lane.

As is usual with on transfer day he is apparently at the Lane as we speak and has been for the past hour.

Edit just had a text, deal done.

…. Sorry I couldn’t resist bumping this up and raising some pulses !!

Ahhh. The worse player I've ever seen in a Blades shirt and a sadistic and cruel bump for those who were unfortunate to witness this man's efforts for Sheffield United.

Every time I hear or see his name, I get the screaming hab dabs. It guarantees me a night of cold sweats and very bad dreams of his past performances.

He was a total and utter bomb scare masquerading as a professional footballer. The chant "you're not fit to wear the shirt" was truly appropriate for him and when he managed to actually win an aerial header, there wasn't anyone in the stadium who could accurately predict which direction the ball would go.

He couldn't trap a sack of wet shit to save his life and the only kind way of describing his tackling was to observe that he got there as quickly as he could.

I note that he joined the Blades in 2010 which ironically, coincided with my decision to live in London. Thank fuck I didn't have to watch this clown each week.

Lovely bloke though by all accounts. .........

The Roy Keane story where he says he kept seeing Nosworthy’s head in place of his wife’s bosom is a funny one.

He was a total and utter bomb scare masquerading as a professional footballer. The chant "you're not fit to wear the shirt" was truly appropriate for him and when he managed to actually win an aerial header, there wasn't anyone in the stadium who could accurately predict which direction the ball would go.
Old Ten Bob Head. Often wore Ten Bob boots too. Utterly gash, definitely not fit to wear the shirt, and I’ve paid money to watch Jay McEvely so I know a shit footballer when I see one.

Ahhh. The worse player I've ever seen in a Blades shirt and a sadistic and cruel bump for those who were unfortunate to witness this man's efforts for Sheffield United.

Every time I hear or see his name, I get the screaming hab dabs. It guarantees me a night of cold sweats and very bad dreams of his past performances.

He couldn't trap a sack of wet shit to save his life and the only kind way of describing his tackling was to observe that he got there as quickly as he could.

I note that he joined the Blades in 2010 which ironically, coincided with my decision to live in London. Thank fuck I didn't have to watch this clown each week.

Lovely bloke though by all accounts. .........
I couldn't have put it any better!

Back
Top Bottom