Now That Hurts....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven't been today, were they the encouraging type of chances that still get an applause? Or the usual type that get fans groaning in disbelief?

Only thing with that is it's not as bad as there wasn't much hope before today any way.

• Banned
I haven't been today, were they the encouraging type of chances that still get an applause? Or the usual type that get fans groaning in disbelief?

Very encouraging for the most part, mainly "How the fuck was that not a goal?" type chances. If Coutts' crossing had been a bit more clinical it could've been a different story. Not going to slag him off too much though. It was easily our best overall performance all season to my mind.

Can't fault anything other than the finishing today, best performance of the season, and it finished nil nil.

Anyway hard to know where we go from here now as if rumours are to be belived we are going to tear it up and start from scratch again.

Ah well on to next season.

Last few games have been encouraging. However, regardless of an improvement in performances, I want him to stay anyway and have the clear out that we are all expecting

Adkins needs time to sort things. Just about every manager needs time to sort things, admittedly some more than others. But let's give the fella a proper chance of turning this team around.

To a man, our players were all good today, and looked like they all gave a stuff.

Which beggars the question why leave it to the last chance saloon before showing you have a collective pair of bollocks ?

Pride passion determination in abundance today. And no lack of organisation and technical ability.

UTB

P.S. Enjoy and appreciate Che Adams while he still remains a Blade ; Which is for 5 more games !!

A good team performance in a competitive game with every player giving their all. We even created a lot of chances and good attacking situations which were agonisingly close to resulting in goals. Can't really ask for any more than that.

Ultimately though, it's too little too late. Predictably.

The formation does seem to be working well at home though so that's a positive. 10 points from four games with three clean sheets is also promising and represents an improvement.

I hope we can carry on like this, it will build more belief in Adkins and help him avoid the sack - and we could really do without changing managers.

I'm in the novel position of not being able to fault our application today. Enough chances to bury 5 games. It really is the hope that kills you.

Got to agree.
They were there for the taking today.

Would've tugged Billy at half time, looked knackered, but he seemed to get fitter! How's that work?

..too little too late though eh?

Thought we were excellent today. Baptiste (who's surprised me after making that terrible first cameo as a sub) was outstanding and made a huge difference to our overall play. Life's a lot easier when you have a centre back dominating in the air and sweeping up everything near him. The kind of performance that we've been crying out for and sadly none of our other defenders have been capable of.

Adams had one of his better games. Still think with his build that if he can keep working on the physical side of the game that he could be an excellent all-round striker, and his link up play with Sharp at times showed the workings of a quality pairing.

A better day for Hammond given how much stick I usually give him.

Improve on a few of any of the usual suspects that I slate and that would've been a comfortable win. Couldn't believe it when the first caller on RS was saying it was a dull game and neither deserved to win. It was one of the few games where I've seen us put a team under sustained pressure.

..too little too late though eh?

Agree and let's not forget that the majority of these players have got us where we are this season - nowhere .

Good performance and sentimentality starts . Adkins requires to be ruthless as the players have or nearly have got the bloke the sack.

Keep players - thanks but no thanks. No broom next season.

UTB

Agree and let's not forget that the majority of these players have got us where we are this season - nowhere .

Good performance and sentimentality starts . Adkins requires to be ruthless as the players have or nearly have got the bloke the sack.

UTB

To be fair apart from the second half at Southend we have seem to be getting it together over the last six weeks or so.

But I fully understand it's still not anywhere near a good enough season, and it may be too late to save Adkins job.

Thought we were excellent today. Baptiste (who's surprised me after making that terrible first cameo as a sub) was outstanding and made a huge difference to our overall play. Life's a lot easier when you have a centre back dominating in the air and sweeping up everything near him. The kind of performance that we've been crying out for and sadly none of our other defenders have been capable of.

Adams had one of his better games. Still think with his build that if he can keep working on the physical side of the game that he could be an excellent all-round striker, and his link up play with Sharp at times showed the workings of a quality pairing.

Improve on a few of any of the usual suspects that I slate and that would've been a comfortable win. Couldn't believe it when the first caller on RS was saying it was a dull game and neither deserved to win. It was one of the few games where I've seen us put a team under sustained pressure.

Words I never thought I would say, Hammond didn't put a foot wrong.

To be fair apart from the second half at Southend we have seem to be getting it together over the last six weeks or so.

But I fully understand it's still not anywhere near a good enough season, and it may be too late to save Adkins job.

Being kind , we have come a long way since the first game of the season - at Gillingham .

UTB

Adams has blatantly got much better at receiving the ball with his back to goal. He doesn't always make the right decision and I'd like to see him turn and run more, but he's holding off the defenders and keeping hold of the ball. His link up play is improving. He worked hard again today as well which is a big thing, he hasn't always done that. Needs to maintain this sort of work rate.

UTB

...perhaps the penny has finally dropped about having to look for a new club next season...or earn a new contract here :eek:

...perhaps the penny has finally dropped about having to look for a new club next season...or earn a new contract here :eek:

That's the worry . Sign certain players back on a contract and does the comfort zone set back in . Also it's ok playing good football when there's no real pressure on you , but we have shown we cannot deal with the pressure , just playing for SUFC , never mind winning .

I'm now nearly convinced that we'll put in a good run, far more contracts will be renewed that don't deserve to be, and we'll be straight back to square one with too big of a squad again next season. And right on cue they'll all start playing poorly again.

Back
Top Bottom