Nicky Weaver

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Ryan France was a blade as so many people seem to suggest, why when he got the move to us did he not come out and say "playing for united is a dream, i've supported them since i was a boy"....instead of saying...."im excited to come back to sheffield".

Knowing Nick personally means im biast, but it also means I've seen him play more games than anyone on here and know that at Charlton he did reasonably well, considering the 10 players infront of him.

Whilst at City he did well, particularly when playing in what was then Division 1 & 2. He had an absolutely appauling injury to his knee, which meant for 3 years he hardly played. His contract was up for renewal at City and then manager Stuart Peace offered him a contract. Shortly after Pearce left, replaced by Sven and so Nick was allowed to move. There were several clubs in for him, some quite reputable as well, a certain Glaswegian team and a reasonably well known spanish team to name but a few. His move to Charlton was a mistake, he was sold a club different to that he joined. Had he moved to a different club we could now be talking about him in a whole different way.

The guys a Wednesday fan, he's the first to admit it. He's never hid it. But I know hes eager to prove he is capable of playing at this level, and he is, he really is. No one will convince me otherwise.

A move to United is unlikely at this stage, I understand the club also have another keeper training with them at the minute, who I've been told is dutch. I think its more likely they'll move for him.

Keenzy: I have no particular axe to grind but as Greblade explains he (Weaver)has shown himself to be competent and if Blackwell thinks he's worth a look I have to believe he is back to where he was before - and to fill a gap that's OK with me. If Kenny is out for a couple of years I think we will go out on the transfer market more seriously. It's just too early for that right now.

If Ryan France was a blade as so many people seem to suggest, why when he got the move to us did he not come out and say "playing for united is a dream, i've supported them since i was a boy"....instead of saying...."im excited to come back to sheffield".

Knowing Nick personally means im biast, but it also means I've seen him play more games than anyone on here and know that at Charlton he did reasonably well, considering the 10 players infront of him.

Whilst at City he did well, particularly when playing in what was then Division 1 & 2. He had an absolutely appauling injury to his knee, which meant for 3 years he hardly played. His contract was up for renewal at City and then manager Stuart Peace offered him a contract. Shortly after Pearce left, replaced by Sven and so Nick was allowed to move. There were several clubs in for him, some quite reputable as well, a certain Glaswegian team and a reasonably well known spanish team to name but a few. His move to Charlton was a mistake, he was sold a club different to that he joined. Had he moved to a different club we could now be talking about him in a whole different way.

The guys a Wednesday fan, he's the first to admit it. He's never hid it. But I know hes eager to prove he is capable of playing at this level, and he is, he really is. No one will convince me otherwise.

A move to United is unlikely at this stage, I understand the club also have another keeper training with them at the minute, who I've been told is dutch. I think its more likely they'll move for him.

Micheal tonge was good a few years back... would you still say that now because of his past???

When i have seen weaver, he has dropped some howlers, and that's not the 10 players in front of him doing it. It's a step back for the club bringing him in and shows were having cash problems looking for keepers in on frees.

Micheal tonge was good a few years back... would you still say that now because of his past?.

But if he were to come back and realise his potential then there is a possible gateway that we could explore.

A trial is a trial, if he impresses then we can take it from there.

I am not a fan of Weaver, far from it, I don't think he is good enough for us, but if we trial him and he looks good enough, he may well prove the doubters wrong.

As stated before, if France was a blade, why didn't he come out and say so when he signed, if i was in his position i would have been saying "its always been my dream to play for the team i supported as a boy".....he didn't. He didn't even mention who he supported. To me, that says hes an owl, but i dont care as long as he puts a good shift in when wearing the red and white.

Back onto Nick, hes signed a short term deal with Dundee, turning down a deal from Preston.

Back onto Nick, hes signed a short term deal with Dundee, turning down a deal from Preston.[/QUOTE]

Will that lead to a loss of sales in the pub then Greg:D

I heard Dundee United.

During my seven years in Dundee, I used to go to Tannadice now and then. I saw Jordan Robertson play when they beat Rangers 2-1, was a good game that.

Back
Top Bottom