Nicky Weaver

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Their only other keeper may be retiring due to injury, so it doesn't really free him up as such :)

Dammit! we would have gotten away with too, if it wasn't for you pesky Fox! (Said whilst shaking my fist in best Scooby Doo Theme Park owner voice)

Again from my source.....

Nick spoke to United again last Wednesday when the possibility of him training/being on trial with United. Preston and Barnsley also made enquiries and the talks with Preston sempt more positive.

I have no doubt that Nick would whole heartedly given his all for our club if he had signed, but as original reported when i started this thread contact was only brief and I personally think United were just weighing up their options.

Hes a much better player than people on here are giving him credit for, but I suspect his ties with our cross city neighbours is much an influence.

I wouldn't judge him on his time at Charlton....he joined a sinking ship there!

Lets not forget, all be it along time ago, Nicks actually managed to win a play-off final.....something I think United are in scarce experience of!

Again from my source.....

Nick spoke to United again last Wednesday when the possibility of him training/being on trial with United. Preston and Barnsley also made enquiries and the talks with Preston sempt more positive.

I have no doubt that Nick would whole heartedly given his all for our club if he had signed, but as original reported when i started this thread contact was only brief and I personally think United were just weighing up their options.

Hes a much better player than people on here are giving him credit for, but I suspect his ties with our cross city neighbours is much an influence.

I wouldn't judge him on his time at Charlton....he joined a sinking ship there!

Lets not forget, all be it along time ago, Nicks actually managed to win a play-off final.....something I think United are in scarce experience of!

Brilliant, thats one of the funniest posts i've read! It was a sarcastic post....right? :D

nicky weaver is on trial with preston, prestons GK is Lonergan, and we were linked with lonergan, so could preston be looking for a replacement? ;)

I have no doubt that Nick would whole heartedly given his all for our club if he had signed..................

So would I if I signed as a goalie for United, making that two things that Nicky Weaver and I have in common.

1. We'd both try really hard.
2. We're both fucking shit goalkeepers.

The difference between Mr. Weaver and my good self is that I'm not trying to kid anybody that I'm a professional footballer.

There are several thousand Man City fans that would disagree with that.......

I dont see who Nick is trying to kid. Im not saying he's a world beater, but he's more than proven himself at Championship level. Hes quite clearly good enough to be a professional footballer. Im pretty sure over 250 appearences at Man City, Sheff Wed and Charlton, Alongside 10 U-21 appearances for England is enough to make him a professional footballer.

And having seen what he had to go through for over 3 years when his knee was pretty much shot to shit just to be able to play football I think it some what harsh to question him being a professional.

Being Man City's record holder for the number of clean sheets in a season also means, unlike yourself, hes actually not a "fucking shit keeper".

this as all got abit personal really, which is unfair on Nick, I perhaps shouldn't have started the thread, but I was just trying to inform people of Uniteds moves. I'll not bother next time.

I dont see who Nick is trying to kid. Im not saying he's a world beater, but he's more than proven himself at Championship level. Hes quite clearly good enough to be a professional footballer. Im pretty sure over 250 appearences at Man City, Sheff Wed and Charlton, Alongside 10 U-21 appearances for England is enough to make him a professional footballer.

And having seen what he had to go through for over 3 years when his knee was pretty much shot to shit just to be able to play football I think it some what harsh to question him being a professional.

Being Man City's record holder for the number of clean sheets in a season also means, unlike yourself, hes actually not a "fucking shit keeper".

this as all got abit personal really, which is unfair on Nick, I perhaps shouldn't have started the thread, but I was just trying to inform people of Uniteds moves. I'll not bother next time.

I don't see why you're getting excited, theres just a lot of us on here that think he's an awful keeper and we don't want him.

My own experiences of seeing him play have not been good over the years.

Just because he's a nice lad and works hard etc doesn't make him a good keeper. We've had (and got) a lot of triers we don't need another in goal!

There can be several million of them, I still don't give a monkey's what they think. They can tell me the moon is made of green cheese if they like, it won't make me believe them.

this as all got abit personal really, which is unfair on Nick,
He might be a lovely person. I don't care. I think as a goalkeeper he's rubbish, and I certainly don't want him playing for United. Because he's shit.

You are forgetting that footballers aren't people :), they don't have feelings and earn a decent wage... It is therefore acceptable to abuse them and their families personally.

That's without mentioning the fact his first name is Nick, that puts him in the same category as other Nicks, who are there to be critisised at every opportunity.

For the record, I would have wanted us to sign someone else long term, younger and with less of a past of injuries. Blackie (as an ex-keeper) obviously rates him higher than many fans do and I know who's more qualified to make the decision :)

Cheers for the info Greg, it's appreciated.

You are forgetting that footballers aren't people :), they don't have feelings and earn a decent wage... It is therefore acceptable to abuse them and their families personally.
I'm not wanting to get personal, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, kind to orphans and kittens and the like. I just think that as a goalie he's crap.
That's without mentioning the fact his first name is Nick, that puts him in the same category as other Nicks, who are there to be critisised at every opportunity.
Oh, right, Like Nicks Cotton, Leeson, Off Big Brother (Nasty Nick), O'Teen off of No Smoking and all those other famous Nicks that I can't be arsed to look up. They deserve all they get.

St Nick... I hate that bastard. Coming down the chimney once a year... shitting in the fireplace... leaving broken gifts and pile of vomit hither and yon... and once he touched me whilst I slept.

Nick has been invited to train with Sheffield United on Tuesday......I'll update when I hear more....

oh god no. He's awful.

My opinion exactly. I never rated him when everyone said he was brilliant at Citeh. That was before I found out he was a pig. He seemed to me to be only capable of saving shots from 20 yards+.

Now I just feel he's a fat bloke whose confidence is shot.

Speaking as someone who used to play in goal. When your confidence is gone you're pretty much screwed.

Being Man City's record holder for the number of clean sheets in a season also means, unlike yourself, hes actually not a "fucking shit keeper".QUOTE]

I don't actually know facts regarding this, this is merely a question. BUT... did he claim this record when they were playing in Division Two? The year that they probably had about about 3 shots to contend with?

A keeper with a bit of height might not be a bad thing when teams start dumping the ball in the penalty box at the end of a game.

That's exactly why I was hoping Redmayne might be the real deal... he has the ideal build.

But the height and the build means nothing if the keeper doesnt have the sense and big brass ones to come for the ball!

Given all the negatives, just trying to find a potential positive - haven't seen too much of him, but what little i saw he was competent.

That's why you say he looks competent yet having seen little of him.
He's awful and he's a pig. i do not want him playing in the blades strip. I trust Haber in the net more than fat pig boy.

He's awful and he's a pig.

Either one could be enough to leave well alone, but the two combined should be more than enough to mean we look elsewhere for a keeper. I'd rather get Kelly out of retirement, or for that matter Hodgy.

No no no no no no no no no no NO. Weaver is at best poor at worst bloody useless, AND he's a piggy. We should all do like those fans did a few years ago when their club (Birmingham maybe) were in for Bowyer, and they created a shit storm and it didn't happen (although it has since :( ).:thumbdown:

That's why you say he looks competent yet having seen little of him.
He's awful and he's a pig. i do not want him playing in the blades strip. I trust Haber in the net more than fat pig boy.

Nicky Weaver is a good solid keeper.

Being a 'pig' is nothing to do with it, however your comments are probably based on that. Ryan France is a wednesday fan, should it matter?

He's not the worst keeper ever, and being a pig shouldn't matter.

HOWEVER... I have never seen a keeper take more abuse during matches from United fans other than Kevin Pressman, which to me suggests he shouldn't join us. He could throw the ball into his own net as payback for the abuse :D

Nicky Weaver is a good solid keeper.

Being a 'pig' is nothing to do with it, however your comments are probably based on that. Ryan France is a wednesday fan, should it matter?

Ryan france, from what i have seen is not shit like weaver.

I have also heard from people that france is a blade....
Bit like the palin debate so we shall leave it at that!

Ryan france, from what i have seen is not shit like weaver.

I have also heard from people that france is a blade....
Bit like the palin debate so we shall leave it at that!

France is 100% definately a Blade.

And France is hardly Ronaldo. Decent CHampionship player.

Weaver is a good keeper and will do a job in this division. You'll get no better.

Weaver a few years back was a decent keeper.

The times i've seen him play in recent games he's been pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom