Nicky Weaver

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gregblade

Reaction score
I heard in the pub last night from a super reliable source that United contacted Nicky Weavers agent yesterday.

Obviously any deal/agreement is a long way off and may or probably wont even happen. But the club definately made contact yesterday.

I heard in the pub last night from a super reliable source that United contacted Nicky Weavers agent yesterday.

I know who that source is, so it should be true. Hope all is well at your end Greg.;)

Oh my good lord.

Away at Charlton last year has to be the most inept goalkeeping performance I have ever seen in my life to the extent that I actually felt sorry for the pig.

Please god, not Nicky Weaver.

Charlton away was one of the rare times i actually felt sorry for a pig, he was in front of the Blades fans, and his confidence was obviously shot to be bits, and to compound the misery he had 45 minutes of constant grief from the Blades fans

Charlton away was one of the rare times i actually felt sorry for a pig, he was in front of the Blades fans, and his confidence was obviously shot to be bits, and to compound the misery he had 45 minutes of constant grief from the Blades fans

Good times... good times :D

He daren't look behind him for all the stick he was getting :D

Hes not been at his best for a while and he'll probably be the first to admit it. He needs to settle down at a club again, his move to Charlton was a mistake and he turned down much bigger clubs to go there. I think he'd be a decent signing, but he'd have to get his head down to take the No1 Shirt. If Kenny does get banned i think Bennett/Weaver competing for a starting role could be decent.

Too many people on here are writing Bennett off far too easily. He deputised for Kenny in the premiership and did a good job. The only error was the mix up against Portsmouth, but that was Calamity Davies fault more than Bennetts.

I think he's more than good enough to play in a top 6 championship club. A signing like Weaver to be support/push for a start. Haber to sit in the reserves to sell shirts in malta just like always.

If we go out and spend £2 mil on a keeper thats £2 mil not being spent on a striker, a striker we desperately need.....given the option of Bennett in the net and having 1 or 2 new strikers, or having Longerghan in goal with Sharp/Henderson/Ward to choose from upfront.....Bennett gets the nod for me!

Too many people on here are writing Bennett off far too easily. He deputised for Kenny in the premiership and did a good job. The only error was the mix up against Portsmouth, but that was Calamity Davies fault more than Bennetts.

Think you'll find it was Gerrard in goal on that occasion

I think Bennett is more than capable. He has the potential to be on par with paddy! If he works hard pre season he will be good enough. Better than gerrard, or as I like to call him starfish as it seemed to go through his legs and arms.

But please for the love of god not weaver! He's about as good defending as the French against the germans!

I really don't want Weaver either, but tbh i don't rate Bennett either, he's not really up to it anymore imo and he's a bit injury prone. Seems to me he could break his fingers tying his laces !

I really don't want Weaver either, but tbh i don't rate Bennett either, he's not really up to it anymore imo and he's a bit injury prone. Seems to me he could break his fingers tying his laces !

Bennett can actually come of his line for balls and talk to the defenders, and then not make rash decisions charging out costing us goals.

I'll be happy with benno in goal, but we still need another keeper.

Bennett can actually come of his line for balls and talk to the defenders, and then not make rash decisions charging out costing us goals.

I'll be happy with benno in goal, but we still need another keeper.

Thats a good assessment. Benno would do a good job and i wouldn't be at all worried with him between the sticks, but if we're looking to long term stability a new keeper signing would make sense.

I rate Bennett, always been good when he's filled in.
Harber not seen much of so don't know.
Blackie used to be a keeper, maybe he want a resurrection to his past career :D

Bennett is decent, but the whole defensive mindset would have to change if he came in. I.e they'll have a keeper that comes for crosses, can catch, can accept back passes and can kick!

Read an on the OS last night and Blackie was almost pushing Haber to make the no 1 shirt his....

According to Maltese Blade on Bladesbees, Haber is a decent keeper.

According to Maltese Blade on Bladesbees, Haber is a decent keeper.

We've seen him a few times for the reserves... he wasn't exactly commanding the last time we saw him. A decent shot stopper though.

I think people are against us signing Weaver for two reasons.

1. He's a pig. Not stopped us in the past, Alan Quinn, Derek Geary and Leigh Bromby for example.
2. He's shit. Again, not stopped us in the past.

Combining the two however is a recipe for disaster.

I think people are against us signing Weaver for two reasons.

1. He's a pig. Not stopped us in the past, Alan Quinn, Derek Geary and Leigh Bromby for example.
2. He's shit. Again, not stopped us in the past.

Combining the two however is a recipe for disaster.

Lmfao! I think you just summed it up there pal!
He'd make a good 3rd or 4th choice behind kenny, bennet, haber and blackie! Pmsl!

Sorry matey, didn't realise as I'm new here and only visited this section. Will take a read :)

however do you mind lol?

Good! They can have him!

Also, does this mean they're lining up a replacement for Lonnergan...?

Good! They can have him!

Also, does this mean they're lining up a replacement for Lonnergan...?

Their only other keeper may be retiring due to injury, so it doesn't really free him up as such :)

Back
Top Bottom