New triallist!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sufc1988

Reaction score
just bin on our website and a player called jean calve is going 2 be playing against notts county 2nite he is a 26 year old rb from nancy also gillbert is on trial for another week

Not another ferkin Nancy Boy

We wont sign him. We never sign trialists from abroad so I shrugged my shoulders when I saw that. He did apparently attract interest from Bolton and Fulham two years ago though.

Gilbert looks a good bet to be signed up now I think. They've brought him back to have another look (whether that be out of necessity or curiosity I dont know) but I could see United signing him now. They said he wasnt fully fit at the start of the trial so they must have seen something in him to extend his stay.

IMO he has looked more than good enough for Championship football when I have seen him in the past. He's worth offering a contract to at his age.

Henri Camara..? :rolleyes:

He was based in England at the time. I meant signing unknowns from abroad.

I did think about him when I posted though as someone said a similar thing about foreign trialists once - to which I replied in the same way you did.

just bin on our website and a player called jean calve is going 2 be playing against notts county 2nite he is a 26 year old rb from nancy also gillbert is on trial for another week

Translate your post in to English and i may be able to read it, and post accordingly

I think Gilbert will sign now. Especially given that Bartley is now out for 3 months and the Bruce deal fell through.

Gilbert looks a good bet to be signed up now I think. They've brought him back to have another look (whether that be out of necessity or curiosity I dont know) but I could see United signing him now. They said he wasnt fully fit at the start of the trial so they must have seen something in him to extend his stay.

I wonder if it's more a case of his agent saying he wants £x a week to sign for United. Blackwell doesn't think he's worth that and announces we're not interested in taking him on. The agent returns to say how about £y then and Blackwell decides to take another look at him. I suspect even a kid at Arsenal will be on a fair whack, probably more than we'd be willing to pay.

Unless Blackwell screws up!
In the article Blackwell is saying that the boy is a class act!!!!
Que all clubs looking for a 'class act' defender to come in and up the ante!!!
Blackwell is niaive - if the boys a class act then sign him don't tell the world how good he is!

So can this guy do a job? is he likely to play ahead of Kozluk and sure up our defence.

It's not much to go on, but he looked like he could do a job the other night.

If he is such a class act why isn't he signed?

Could be the player keeping his options open. Apparantly, prem clubs are also interested! :(

And/or knowing Blackie, despite him reportedly saying he's a class act, will probably want to trial him again!

Hope he signs, but the longer this drags on...............................

Back
Top Bottom