New Striker....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But he is the only one that’s done well, Deano did ok but Beattie was rubbish Evans was rubbish Jags getting too old

The Prince isn't daft, we are 9 points clear and he's not gonna risk promotion to the promised land for the sake of a few quid. If Khadra goes back there is no way we dont bring another striker in.

Lots good suggestions on this thread and I'm guessing Hecky already has someone lined up...probably someone not named on here !!

The Prince isn't daft, we are 9 points clear and he's not gonna risk promotion to the promised land for the sake of a few quid. If Khadra goes back there is no way we dont bring another striker in.

Lots good suggestions on this thread and I'm guessing Hecky already has someone lined up...probably someone not named on here !!
like your positivity some doom and gloom merchants on here convinced weve no money at all and that there will be no incomings but like you im sure we will bring another striker in khadra wouldnt being sent back if we wernt gonna bring anybody else in

we must be able to bring a striker in on loan if khadra goes back which looks likely even if were not paying a large part of his salary and i think we will

You are assuming that we can afford to get one in by way of simply stopping paying one salary and simply taking on another for the same cost…which means you are also assuming none of the below apply…
1. Haven’t paid a loan fee for Khadra which was part of the total budget
2. We haven’t already spent our budget for the season.
3. Any new signing on loan or otherwise won’t command a fee of some sort
4. There aren’t penalties to be paid to Brighton for not playing him or sending back early.

Either way, I’m pretty confident it isn’t as simple as sending one back and getting another in or it would t be open to question by the manager

Grizzly the Prince surprised us in the summer by shelling out for Anel and everyone had been saying exactly the same then as they are now. I'd put a lot of money on someone coming in if Khadra goes.

Even If Khadra stays we still may get someone in. If we don't go up the Prince knows he's got the best part of 40m coming in for Ndiaye and Berge plus we lose a lot of big contracts in the summer. Premier League is worth 200m including parachute payments so he isn't going to risk losing that for the sake of a couple of million with the backstop mentioned above

Chris Wood not getting a game at Newcastle
Ha ha ha ha ha I think we maybe shopping in a different market to the likes of Chris Wood. Let’s face it we are not going to sign someone in January that when we do go up is going to be any use next season. So we want a target man until the end of the season so I’m afraid we are going to be very disappointed when we sign the likes of Martin Waghorn etc

But, what if someone has stolen his pot??

They were talking about Dennis on Talksport this morning saying he's known as a de-stabilising influence and very difficult to manager
but as he's talented and capable of scoring against, even the best clubs there will always be clubs willing to gamble thinking they can sort him out.

They said they aren't surprised he's being bombed out at Forest, as insiders with knowledge all predicted it.

Grizzly the Prince surprised us in the summer by shelling out for Anel and everyone had been saying exactly the same then as they are now. I'd put a lot of money on someone coming in if Khadra goes.

Even If Khadra stays we still may get someone in. If we don't go up the Prince knows he's got the best part of 40m coming in for Ndiaye and Berge plus we lose a lot of big contracts in the summer. Premier League is worth 200m including parachute payments so he isn't going to risk losing that for the sake of a couple of million with the backstop mentioned above
Anel - not paid for.

surely we wouldnt be sending khadra back if we hadnt got another striker lined up all that does is weaken us even more we would keep him for the run in and if we are sending him back without bringing somebody else in were placing a lot of faith in the likes of jebbison and osula

Ideal loan : Chris Wood or Adam Armstrong.

Ideal transfers (no munneh) : Stewart, Piroe or Gyokeres.

Realistically : Cameron Archer, Jordan Ayew, Surridge
Ayew has played 80% of the minutes available in Palace's matches so not much point holding a candle for him.

Archer appears to be set for Boro which is interesting as they have been playing 4-2-3-1 and they have Akpom.

I think Surridge is the best shout as far as strikers go, as he appears to not have been heavily linked elsewhere. He's had 10 appearances but only 166 minutes.

There are a few not getting games at Bournemouth too. Rothwell for one - 41 league mins this season, Ben Pearson - 214 minutes, Dembélé - 78 mins, Lowe - 10 mins, Stanislaus - 57 mins.

Not saying they are all fit for purpose but in terms of proven Championship players there are a few to go at there.

Ayew has played 80% of the minutes available in Palace's matches so not much point holding a candle for him.

Archer appears to be set for Boro which is interesting as they have been playing 4-2-3-1 and they have Akpom.

I think Surridge is the best shout as far as strikers go, as he appears to not have been heavily linked elsewhere. He's had 10 appearances but only 166 minutes.

There are a few not getting games at Bournemouth too. Rothwell for one - 41 league mins this season, Ben Pearson - 214 minutes, Dembélé - 78 mins, Lowe - 10 mins, Stanislaus - 57 mins.

Not saying they are all fit for purpose but in terms of proven Championship players there are a few to go at there.

Pearson & Surridge would be top business for us.
DM to sit next to Norwood and give some bite and mobility.
And in Surridge, a genuine CF alternative to McBurnie.
Two very good players at this level.

Middlesbrough are signing two I'd have liked in Archer and Barlaser.
Their form and strengthening worries me.

Anel - not paid for.
If Anel has not been paid for how is he here?
third party ownership is not allowed.
Not being confrontational, just asking for an explanation as to how he is registered with us if we have not paid for him.

If Anel has not been paid for how is he here?
third party ownership is not allowed.
Not being confrontational, just asking for an explanation as to how he is registered with us if we have not paid for him.
like most transfers we will be paying in installments usually 3 so i would assume weve paid 1m up to now as for the strikers surridge looks like ending up at burnley southampton and bournemouth reportedly gonna spend big this window so both lowe and armstrong might be available also quite interesting that archer hasnt gone anywhere from villa 🤔

agree with your post and understand how transfers work etc. but the statement was that we have not paid for Anel. I doubt we have paid the full fee for the majority of signings that Wilder made as they are usually paid for throughout the period of their contract.

we are second highest scorers
Nice to know you've paid attention to the season so far👍
But were currently relying on Billy Sharp due to injuries and were short up top, and losing another striker, has possibly opened up the chance to bring in another, to help us continue to score goals, and maybe even go up!

Do we look abroad for someone? Not in the same pool as Zivkovic or any of those failures but there must be someone kicking around.

Scandinavia are currently in their off season - we picked Anel up from there so there could be someone else we could get hold of.

If Bournemouth go down at the end of the season and we go up, I'd be looking at Kieffer Moore as someone who is a completely different option up front to what we have at the moment.

I'd like to believe you're correct, but the noises coming out of PH suggest he's struggling to get the Prince to sign off on a Khadra replacement...

Very good point and I agree. I actually thought I'd deleted Ayew's name before I posted it, after checking his game time this season.

Surridge or Wood would do the best job in terms of size and strength, but they're some very good shouts from Bournemouth too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Akpom go, he's on fire at the moment. If they've lined Archer up as his replacement then they'll struggle I think

Maupay can't get a game, he would be good for us on loan

They were discussing Everton's relegation worries on Talksport this morning.

An Everton fan (who seemed knowledgable enough) said that Everton are a decent team but really lack creativity and goal scorers
so he can see Everton struggling to score goals for the rest of the season and he's genuinely worried they were finally be relegated.
The presenter asked about Dominic Calvert Lewin and Maupay. He said DCL is always injured and Maupay is more of a support striker and never been a goalscorer.
He also said he has a contact at EFC and knows for a fact that Everton have given Maupay a £70K per week contract.

So even if we only pay 25% of Maupays contract, it's still close to £20K a week.
You would suspect Everton would want a bigger percentage contribution, maybe more like 50% and don't think we can afford £35K a week.
Especially when you consider he's only shown himself to be a top class goal scorer for 1 season at Brentford, so maybe he's not actually that good.

agree with your post and understand how transfers work etc. but the statement was that we have not paid for Anel. I doubt we have paid the full fee for the majority of signings that Wilder made as they are usually paid for throughout the period of their contract.
Didn't the prince say at the time" we have covered more of the fee that was required up front,if that was the case we will have covered the cost.

They were discussing Everton's relegation worries on Talksport this morning.

An Everton fan (who seemed knowledgable enough) said that Everton are a decent team but really lack creativity and goal scorers
so he can see Everton struggling to score goals for the rest of the season and he's genuinely worried they were finally be relegated.
The presenter asked about Dominic Calvert Lewin and Maupay. He said DCL is always injured and Maupay is more of a support striker and never been a goalscorer.
He also said he has a contact at EFC and knows for a fact that Everton have given Maupay a £70K per week contract.

So even if we only pay 25% of Maupays contract, it's still close to £20K a week.
You would suspect Everton would want a bigger percentage contribution, maybe more like 50% and don't think we can afford £35K a week.
Especially when you consider he's only shown himself to be a top class goal scorer for 1 season at Brentford, so maybe he's not actually that good.
DCL is always to busy modelling bin bags and ripped ladies knickers, and he obviously can't walk in those High heels!20230104_131952.jpgJesus!

Whats all this talk of Chris Wood? He's started two of their last 4 games and come on in the other two - no way he drops to the Championship on loan

Back
Top Bottom