New Striker....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Archer would be ideal. Needs games and somewhat proven at this level (although we have been there before with Brewster). Jack Marriott is available having just left Posh.
cameron archer is a good shout anall did well at preston on loan scored 7 for a mediocre side

If we can bring in a strong, tall front man I don't actually expect them to chip in with a load of goals. We need one of those tricky buggers who can distract a couple of defenders and allow our more skilful players like Ndiaye to sneak through and let off a shot.

Remortgage anything we can and sign Gyokores or get the potential new owners to sneak us a few quid ! We need a striker anyway, especially if we go up so get one worth having and if it goes tits up , we’ve players we can sell at end of season! Statement of intent and get in before anyone else !
As ever UTB !
Ps that’s why my missus doesn’t let me have a bank card lol

Remortgage anything we can and sign Gyokores or get the potential new owners to sneak us a few quid ! We need a striker anyway, especially if we go up so get one worth having and if it goes tits up , we’ve players we can sell at end of season! Statement of intent and get in before anyone else !
As ever UTB !
Ps that’s why my missus doesn’t let me have a bank card lol
Intent to go bankrupt?

If anyone thinks we’re paying good money for a player this January they haven’t been following too closely!

It will be a loan at best. Like for like. One in, one out.

Everyone in United World standing on their own two feet.

United - trying to resolve Khadra’s situation before getting in one like for like replacement.

Beerschot - first move in January is to sell underperforming Vaca back to Bolivia for the 150k they paid.

Châteauroux- sent back Germouche, who was underperforming back to Montpellier.

Reactions: Dkc

Gary Madine...Good fucking grief.

Get James Hanson back while we're at it.

Agree....although I see the benefits in having players like Madine and Hanson in your team.
There is a danger that teams with those 2 in the side choose the easy and obvious option of "just lump it in the box", then hope to score from the knock downs.

It's a tactic that's traditionally used and been really effective in the lower divisions.
If we're hoping to play in the PL we need to get away from the direct "lump it into to the box" style of play.

There must be a few prem fringe attackers available?

It's clear that we do need a target man as currently only McBurnie provides us with that and he is out for the foreseeable future (although I think McB offers more than aerial ability). How many times recently have we put in a long ball in the air to our forwards for the opposition centre halves to win the header? Not saying this is a tactic we should be using but if we are going to then we need someone to at least win the ball

It depends on who we're aiming to cover. If Ndiaye were to get injured, we simply don't have anyone of that ilk as cover. McBurnie is the obvious one to cover as he's regularly out injured. I wouldn't be averse to resigning Madine, if he was available. I still think we should have signed him when we got promoted as he fitted in well and is actually a better footballer (just watch the West Brom and Villa highlights) than most people give him credit for.

I think a lot depends on when Brewster is going to be available again and what options Hecky has, assuming Khadra returns to his parent club.

Someone like Khadra?
Like Khadra, but not Khadra ;) I think Khadra has too much potential to be used in that role. He deserves to be playing, and through no fault of his or ours he doesn't fit in with the way we play, so I'd be happy to see him move on with no recrimination and replaced with someone who just does that one thing well.

Back
Top Bottom