New Striker....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, I know players and agents like to keep their options open till the last minute. But I’d also like to think we’ve been making contact with potential targets well before the turn of the year…But that is more in hope
Princey's extended the scouting network as far as Hope? You'd have thought he'd at least push the boat out to cover Edale or Bakewell.

Been saying this since the run in last year that Ndiaye is our best striker.

Once you consider him in that role then someone like Joe Rothwell comes into play.

He’s not playing at Bournemouth. He got a very respectable 10 assists last season at Blackburn.

He can play down the middle or a little wide and he has played defensive midfield, attacking midfield and central midfield.

I wouldn’t be against something like that. Then when all are fit you could even consider Doyle as a 10, as suggested by Pep if needs must.

Despite the first name I’m mentioning was garbage yesterday, I still think Berge and McAtee just behind Ndiaye is our best forward line for penetration whilst McBurnie is out.
With respect, I disagree that Ndiaye is a good fit for the striker role. He scores goals from his midfield attacking role, and we would miss his vision and invention from that critical role if he played out and out striker.

He would be bored with less pressing and tracking back duties too.

Madine was let go because he wasn't good enough for the Premiership but neither we're we after all.
You're right there Adios. And Madine isn't the most prolific goalscorer even in the Championship and certainly isn't the most endearing person I imagine. But, I do feel Madine might just be who we need just now as a front man - to hold the ball and knock it back for Ndiaye, Berge and others to score.

Back
Top Bottom