New Blades or Phoney War?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TeztheBlade6

Reaction score
Anyone out there feeling like me that us getting promoted ahead of the play offs mite have given us a head start getting a few signings in ahead of the play off winners?
And here we are hearing rumours of Villa getting ahead of us with some of our potential targets. It feels to me at least that Chris is being messed about with his budget again and despite us being linked with some of the leading goal scorers in the Championship we are again going to have to settle for less. Add this to the fact that none of our loan players have officially returned yet and the excitement and joy of promotion is again becoming tarnished by the lack of bringing in new blood and now again rumours of a manager not being backed by those above him leaving other ambitious clubs to try to tempt him away.
I don’t think Chris will jump ship but they are not exactly providing him with the support he deserves. Who knows, players & managers are on holiday and this could be delaying things but it seems a bit phoney speculation right now.

Who's actually signed someone?

Norwich got a winger on loan who's only ever done anything in Scotland.

Bournemouth have bought a CB prospect.

Is anything else actually done or are Sky just desperately looking for stuff to fill 24 hours of rolling sports news?

Jumping to those conclusions is to be honest an overreaction. A bit like me seeing a police car near my house and assuming they're looking to arrest me for a murder I commited while sleep walking which I have no knowledge of.

Chill out.

UTB

4 teams in the top flight have made 1 signing so far.

It’s 3 weeks into the window ffs.

What basis do you have that Chris hasn’t been given funds apart from your own impairment whim?

Don’t let the court case rule the narrative for the transfer window. There will be funds available.

Trust in Wilder and Knill, it's been fine for 3 years, I don't get the panic.

But I wish summat would happen, if not to just break the monotony of Henderson threads, ST threads or Panic threads.

Its those players that have been released by their respective clubs we should’ve been snapping up, players like Fer, those of that ilk that will no doubt attract interest from clubs similar to ourselves. We’ve possibly lost the chance and I agree with the sentiments of the posts. It’s going to be very hard for Wilder the longer we leave it, that I have no doubt about.

Its those players that have been released by their respective clubs we should’ve been snapping up, players like Fer, those of that ilk that will no doubt attract interest from clubs similar to ourselves. We’ve possibly lost the chance and I agree with the sentiments of the posts. It’s going to be very hard for Wilder the longer we leave it, that I have no doubt about.

Won't all their contracts expire tomorrow?

I thought we might have done something by now.

We face a massive challenge in the PL, need at least 8 signings and got promoted early to give us a nice head start.

I'm not sure how much of it is down to the court case, but it certainly isn't helping.

Trust in Wilder and Knill, it's been fine for 3 years, I don't get the panic.

But I wish summat would happen, if not to just break the monotony of Henderson threads, ST threads or Panic threads.
Yep, I think the constant press speculation threads and lack of any real news has got to me!

Any targets teams have wont sign at the first offer.
If you were looking for employment knowing several companies are after your services would you sign for the first offer from the first company?
Sadly it doesnt work that way. Unless you're able to throw silly amounts at it.

Greed is getting the better of our owners and they could be damaging our season before it’s started. When all the squabbling is done it might be too late. When Villa got promoted I honestly thought they might be shopping at a different supermarket to us. But they’re actually taking “goods” directly out of our fucking shopping trolley.

I thought wilder knows what his budget is? He has said he /they have been in touch with agents/ clubs and it's a waiting game, for everybody, why do people want to stir the shit, add 2+2 and come up with what ever number you want, ffs stupid post, lets have a go at the club.

Wilder and his men are just about the most astute operators in football and have released some decent players leaving us with a small squad, I would be shocked if there are going to be regrets before the season starts and for this reason think we have probably already got 3 or 4 players in the net.

The released players, contracts end on the 1st of June, although that could be a footballing myth I suppose, but it makes sense because the domestic season ends tomorrow.
I still think you can agree to sign someone before the official end of contract approaches, I believe it’s upto 6 months before their contracts expire that you can sign a player?

Greed is getting the better of our owners and they could be damaging our season before it’s started. When all the squabbling is done it might be too late. When Villa got promoted I honestly thought they might be shopping at a different supermarket to us. But they’re actually taking “goods” directly out of our fucking shopping trolley.
Can’t wait to read Wilders memoirs, I’ve dusted a place ont shelf next to Colin’s.

Teams are not even back from their summer jollies, managers don't know what condition players will return in, players havnt decided which team they are going to screw over via agents yet we are already expecting the worst, if by 10th August (?) we havnt signed people then I'll be mildly concerned.
I've said before wilder is in a no win situation, last season before the JTW fans were "we need another striker, different from what we have" Chris signs Madine, low and behold blades fans are like "why have we signed Madine? We needed a striker but not this striker" ffs give wilder and his boys a chance.

Yep, I think the constant press speculation threads and lack of any real news has got to me!

I suspect it must have. You wrote very eloquently but spoiled it all for me, by putting "mite" instead of "might". You can get away with "mite" if you are playing Scrabble, although you may need to explain, as some folks are too thick to understand, that it is a collective term for a group of arthropods belonging to the arachnida class, in the subclass acari. However, you can't get away with it on here. Some pedantic twat will be on your case like a rattus norvegicus up a drainpipe.

I suspect it must have. You wrote very eloquently but spoiled it all for me, by putting "mite" instead of "might". You can get away with "mite" if you are playing Scrabble, although you may need to explain, as some folks are too thick to understand, that it is a collective term for a group of arthropods belonging to the arachnida class, in the subclass acari. However, you can't get away with it on here. Some pedantic twat will be on your case like a rattus norvegicus up a drainpipe.
A good stranglers LP that one!

😀 I never thought of that when I wrote it - but yes, it was! I have it somewhere in my vinyl collection.

Anyone out there feeling like me that us getting promoted ahead of the play offs mite have given us a head start getting a few signings in ahead of the play off winners?
And here we are hearing rumours of Villa getting ahead of us with some of our potential targets. It feels to me at least that Chris is being messed about with his budget again and despite us being linked with some of the leading goal scorers in the Championship we are again going to have to settle for less. Add this to the fact that none of our loan players have officially returned yet and the excitement and joy of promotion is again becoming tarnished by the lack of bringing in new blood and now again rumours of a manager not being backed by those above him leaving other ambitious clubs to try to tempt him away.
I don’t think Chris will jump ship but they are not exactly providing him with the support he deserves. Who knows, players & managers are on holiday and this could be delaying things but it seems a bit phoney speculation right now.
Promotion tarnished ! My god man look on the bright side of life, you will feel a lot happier for it. 😉👍

I still think you can agree to sign someone before the official end of contract approaches, I believe it’s upto 6 months before their contracts expire that you can sign a player?
It is 6 months for players no playing in the English leagues (not sure if Scotland are included).

For players playing in the English leagues you have to wait until 1 month before the contract expires before they can sign a pre contract with another English league team.

So we could have got players to sign pre contracts yesterday, not sure what Wilder is pissing about at. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom