Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Freeman is brilliant in the 10/duffy role but I'd like a more dynamic/pacey player to play behind the striker too.
Basically the deeper role that McGoldrick plays, so even if we get two strikers I'd still like a Robinson or Watkins type player.

I certainly think some more pace up top could a lot more important to this coming season.

Not as vital up to now due to the possession we've enjoyed most games but I think the counter will be key this season.

Ricky, Robinson and Maupay. Too similar or would you think both would be sensible targets as competition/replacement for Sharp?

In a very simplistic way:

Robinson = McGoldrick

Maupay = Sharp

And for completeness, let’s say McBurnie = Madine Plus.

That’s how I see it anyway. So style-wise i think we could sign all three players. But I’m not sure we have enough money to be spending so much in that area. Maupay and McBurnie are priorities.

London I suspect that's how CW sees it too. Those 3 would add massively to our upfront threat and are ready made replacements that are 6-8 years younger than our current first choice strikers.

In a very simplistic way:

Robinson = McGoldrick

Maupay = Sharp

And for completeness, let’s say McBurnie = Madine Plus.

That’s how I see it anyway. So style-wise i think we could sign all three players. But I’m not sure we have enough money to be spending so much in that area. Maupay and McBurnie are priorities.
Freeman = Duffy?
Morrison = Fleck/Duffy?

Freeman = Duffy?
Morrison = Fleck/Duffy?

Bang on. Freeman, absolutely. He’s like Duffy in many ways. More so than, say, Dowell, who was signed for competition for Duffy but has a different game. Freeman’s game is Duffy’s game.

Morrison is a bit of a wildcard. The Duffy role might be his best spot but you’re right in that Wilder will see him having the potential to play elsewhere in midfield too.

Robinson and Maupay is suitable. Similarities but mainly different players. Robinson and McBurnie is more suitable. Very different players.

Robinson could come in as the second striker or in addition to 2 strikers. He could be signed in combination with anybody because he can play any of the forward positions. I think it's important we get someone like him (ideally him!) to give us that attacking flexibility and a pacy option to play behind the striker/s and out wide.

Pig fans blood pressure will explode if we pull this off👏👏🤣🤣🤣

They'll just claim he isn't good enough for the PL and he wouldn't get in their squad of worldbeaters. Anyone who says anything different just doesn't understand football, Uncle Chanser told them so, before asking for more of their piggy pounds.

They'll just claim he isn't good enough for the PL and he wouldn't get in their squad of worldbeaters. Anyone who says anything different just doesn't understand football, Uncle Chanser told them so, before asking for more of their piggy pounds.

Exactly
There is a thread about United on Porktalk and our current Squad which has about 17 players, they are pissing themselves laughing say things like not one of our players would get in their side, we are going to be relegated with a record low amount of points, our Strike force is Sharp & McGoldrick and we are looking to sign that Crock Adam's and Bad boy Morrison (cue laughing Sid James face)
Meanwhile they have apparently signed 3 players who can't be announced yet but have been training with them already one is called Odjubado who could be worth 10 million quid after a few games for them.
Is there a bigger set of deluded fans on planet.

Exactly
There is a thread about United on Porktalk and our current Squad which has about 17 players, they are pissing themselves laughing say things like not one of our players would get in their side, we are going to be relegated with a record low amount of points, our Strike force is Sharp & McGoldrick and we are looking to sign that Crock Adam's and Bad boy Morrison (cue laughing Sid James face)
Meanwhile they have apparently signed 3 players who can't be announced yet but have been training with them already one is called Odjubado who could be worth 10 million quid after a few games for them.
Is there a bigger set of deluded fans on planet.

Dirty Corrupt Leeds. They claim to have won the European Cup...

Freeman is brilliant in the 10/duffy role but I'd like a more dynamic/pacey player to play behind the striker too.
Basically the deeper role that McGoldrick plays, so even if we get two strikers I'd still like a Robinson or Watkins type player.

Maybe Robinson or Watkins?...

Maybe Robinson or Watkins?...

If you're going to do this you're going to need to take on staff. It's way too much for one person even doing it 24/7.
Its also a fucking thankless task. I commend your selfless if pointless devotion mind.

If you're going to do this you're going to need to take on staff. It's way too much for one person even doing it 24/7.
Its also a fucking thankless task. I commend your selfless if pointless devotion mind.

At last, after all these years, someone who recognizes my dedication, work-rate and sense of duty. A little bit of gratitude is all I’ve ever wanted.

I was going to leave the forum after this week-end but I shall now redouble my efforts with a renewed sense of purpose, and all because of you John Snow. The ‘likes’ you will get for this...

At last, after all these years, someone who recognizes my dedication, work-rate and sense of duty. A little bit of gratitude is all I’ve ever wanted.

I was going to leave the forum after this week-end but I shall now redouble my efforts with a renewed sense of purpose, and all because of you John Snow. The ‘likes’ you will get for this...

Just imagine the time saved, the confusion avoided,the huge reduction in fuckwittery.

And they say I know nothing.

The person I got it from, seemed legit but who knows. It all sounded very plausible and the person is involved with the club and its associates, that being said there's a lot of false leads coming out of the club so I'll wait and see if this is a decent insider source. Hope so. UTB

Would hope that this and a few others are signed and sealed this week in time for the Betis game 😁

Fingers crossed this week is busy week fir signings

Cannot really have Freeman / 2 strikers and a pacey type like you describe. I think it would be to drop one out and go for a Watkins type if that’s what they are going for.

Cannot really have Freeman / 2 strikers and a pacey type like you describe. I think it would be to drop one out and go for a Watkins type if that’s what they are going for.
We haven’t got Dowell, Hogan, Madine or Washington, these players need replacing so I think it’s very plausible that we could have Freeman, 2 strikers plus a pacy type.

Don’t use the ‘that will be too much money card’ as it doesn’t wash with me, Wilder will have plenty of money to spend to bring in who he wants whilst at the same time not putting the clubs finances in jeopardy.

We haven’t got Dowell, Hogan, Madine or Washington, these players need replacing so I think it’s very plausible that we could have Freeman, 2 strikers plus a pacy type.

Don’t use the ‘that will be too much money card’ as it doesn’t wash with me, Wilder will have plenty of money to spend to bring in who he wants whilst at the same time not putting the clubs finances in jeopardy.

So you want to sign 4 players for 3 positions when we already have 3 players there? Just seems very over kill and think this is how teams go wild in the premiership and then struggle.

Washington was a cheap just in case option a Robinson / Watkins would be 10m?

If finances do stretch as you are saying I think that money would be better spent elsewhere.

Would agree with Bladezz here, Morrison could be the cheap ‘wildcard’ attacking option (even if he isn’t an outright forward).

If there was money left after Maupay & McBurnie/Robinson & Freeman id prefer it to be spent on a permanent GK to push Hendo (should he return) and an alternative to our Freeman as opposed to a further expensive attacking option

So you want to sign 4 players for 3 positions when we already have 3 players there? Just seems very over kill and think this is how teams go wild in the premiership and then struggle.

Washington was a cheap just in case option a Robinson / Watkins would be 10m?

If finances do stretch as you are saying I think that money would be better spent elsewhere.
I explained it in my first sentence, those players need replacing, irrespective of who we have. We can’t be having just in case options in the Prem, we’ll get found out, we have the funds so let’s spend them wisely in replacing the ones who have gone from last season. It’s very plausible that he could bring two players in who could make Billy and Goldy 3rd and 4th choice, that’s the calibre of player we need to be bringing in, not back up players like Washington.

It’s very plausible that he could bring two players in who could make Billy and Goldy 3rd and 4th choice, that’s the calibre of player we need to be bringing in, not back up players like Washington.

I think this is highly likely. I know it doesn't sit comfortably with some, from a sentimental perspective. But we do need to improve on what we've got - not just add to the numbers or look for back-ups.

wizadry Cerberus Blade

I agree we need to now look to replace the older players in the side. With 2 strikers and a #10 thag replaces the front 3.

But to spend 10m and potentially be 5th choice striker / and or 3rd choice #10 doesn’t seem right. I will back whatever CW does but I don’t see him buying 4 attacking players.

If we have a spare £10m I would rather us be looking at replacing other players such as Stearman who is one injury away from starting and he is one of the older players.

Next season (not this one)regardless of whatever division we are in I expect Sharp / mcgoldrick maybe to move on and then we go and buy this extra striker.

CW has repeatedly said he aims for 2 players in every position. Time will tell personally I don’t see us doing it.

wizadry Cerberus Blade

I agree we need to now look to replace the older players in the side. With 2 strikers and a #10 thag replaces the front 3.

But to spend 10m and potentially be 5th choice striker / and or 3rd choice #10 doesn’t seem right. I will back whatever CW does but I don’t see him buying 4 attacking players.

If we have a spare £10m I would rather us be looking at replacing other players such as Stearman who is one injury away from starting and he is one of the older players.

Next season (not this one)regardless of whatever division we are in I expect Sharp / mcgoldrick maybe to move on and then we go and buy this extra striker.

CW has repeatedly said he aims for 2 players in every position. Time will tell personally I don’t see us doing it.
I understand your points and why you state them, although I do think Stearman is more than adequate to step in if needs be.

As Wiz says, Dowell, Madine, Hogan and Washington.
Ched, Leon and Holmes too really from the squad. There's plenty of attacking places to fill.

I'm not Watkins biggest fan but if we got 2 strikers (Maupay and Mcburnie) then he'd cover quite a few attacking options but yes those 3 and Freeman wouldn't be cheap.
Probably around £30m alone, but lets be fair, our budget seems a lot healthier than we probably first expected.

Back
Top Bottom