Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd recommend a re-read of danny halls excellent 'He's One of our own' book regarding the machinations that surround
almost every transfer.

The leech is the pivot around which everything moves. They orchestrate the whole thing.

I'm hearing he's in early this week for £12 million up front, £20millon with add ons, goals, appearances, games played etc. A very good deal. Few others look close too.

Anything on Robinson or McBurnie?

Train lines on every side of it. It's on a bit of spare land in a triangle between them. London Irish will be groundsharing with them too and they got crowds of 21k at Reading during their peak times so i suspect it'll be a nice earner for them
London Irish , eh ?
We are the Sheffield Irish !

Brentford fans remain totally dismissive of the fact that Maupay would come to Sheffield. Would love to prove them wrong. Come on Neal, put pen to paper.

I'm hearing he's in early this week for £12 million up front, £20millon with add ons, goals, appearances, games played etc. A very good deal. Few others look close too.

Good bit of business that.

Brentford fans remain totally dismissive of the fact that Maupay would come to Sheffield. Would love to prove them wrong. Come on Neal, put pen to paper.
I just went on their forum and thought the exact same. Fair enough they want the most for their player but it seems they are getting a bit arrogant at the though of him coming to us.

So if it happens that would be JOC, Egan and Maupay that have moved to us.

Wonder if they will change their tune? 🤔

Pros and cons for Maupay to move to us.

1. Match day attendance for this coming season. Brentford 10,200 - Blades 30,000+ 🤔

2. Premier League or Championship status ? 🤔

3. Premier League salary or Championship salary? 🤔

4. Signing on fee 🤔

5. Play against some of the best teams and players in the world? 🤔

If I was Neil I know what I would be doing 😁

It really sounds as though Brentford are shifting a nimber of players this summer. Not sure whether it's mainly duw to them vesting in their resale value or needing to pay for their new ground but Konsa is the latest to be rumoured to be heading to the exit door. On his way to Wolves apparently so wouldn't have thought that would be cheap.

Pros and cons for Maupay to move to us.

1. Match day attendance for this coming season. Brentford 10,200 - Blades 30,000+ 🤔

2. Premier League or Championship status ? 🤔

3. Premier League salary or Championship salary? 🤔

4. Signing on fee 🤔

5. Play against some of the best teams and players in the world? 🤔

If I was Neil I know what I would be doing 😁

No contest following Utd's promotion but a different story if you do the same comparison with the other sides that have apparently expressed interest - Seville, Leicester, Villa. I think Utd would still come out as the favourable option over Burnley though, possibly apart from salary.

Lavery was born in Canada but I wouldn't say he was foreign, but I suppose technically he is.

Probably the first player to be born outside of Britain and Republic of Ireland that doesn't have some link to these isles.

Unless Maupay's mother is from Swindon or summat.

I always thought he looked a little like that nice lady at no. 42.

They’ve a very talented squad of players have Brentford.

I would genuinely take Konsa, Benrahma, Canos, Sawyers, Maupay & Watkins here at the Lane. I hope the interest is still there for Watkins, he’s a good age and there’s a lot more to come from him.

Brentford’s superiority complex is very odd. I get that West London is a very nice area, but they’re a relatively small club and have always been in the shadow of all of their neighbours.

Admittedly, their recruitment is the best outside of the Premier League, but their transfer strategy does seem flawed. If at any point their owners had showed a little more ambition (by hanging onto their best players for 2-3 transfer windows) they’d have had a season or 2 in the Prem by now and their Stadium would have been funded - such is the talent to have passes through their revolving door.

Last edited:
About 5 years ago Brentford fans drank some some pig style Deludeamol and since then have thought they are Barca.

Shame really as before then Brentford was one of the London sides I didn’t mind. Now I think they are arrogant cocks.

About 5 years ago Brentford fans drank some some pig style Deludeamol and since then have thought they are Barca.

Shame really as before then Brentford was one of the London sides I didn’t mind. Now I think they are arrogant cocks.
To be fair it’s only natural. I’m sure others would think the same of us.

Thought Robinson was more of a winger/attacking mid type?Duffy competition?
No idea, hence why I was asking someone who normally knows. Just trying to see what’s the overall plan and who would go where.

Last season Robinson was deployed on the left hand side of the 3, in a 4-2-3-1 formation and Maupay was the lone striker in a 4-3-2-1.
So in ours it’s more likely to be the Duffy role, so it’s likely to be him and/or Freeman?

Back
Top Bottom