Ndiaye transfer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The club would look incompetent if they indicated that he had when something goes wrong at the last minute.
They'd look a lot more incompetent if they've asked some youtubers to tell everyone he's gone, cause a meltdown for a week and then it doesn't happen. Unless it was April 1st, in which case I would applaud the joke.

They'd look a lot more incompetent if they've asked some youtubers to tell everyone he's gone, cause a meltdown for a week and then it doesn't happen. Unless it was April 1st, in which case I would applaud the joke.
All it needs is someone to think that they have just seen him shopping in Meadowhall and mayhem ensues !!

No official announcement until this bloke gets back with the deposit.

IMG_0168.jpeg

Apparently he's told them that he now prefers roast beef to horse meat, so they are having second thoughts as they only serve horse meat and frogs legs at the training ground.

Decent post from Ili there. As fans, well mostly to those on Instagram or whatever platform he's put it on we can either choose to be gracious and thankful for the time Ili played for us or we could chose to be bitter because of the last week or so. We don't know the inside story of what changed his mind but all the best Ili, a wonderful talent. For me life is too short to be bitter on football, certainly not in this case anyway. He could have left better there's no doubt on that, but as I say we don't know on the contract situation and why he changed his mind, maybe he regrets saying he was going to sign than didn't. His agent seems the driving force behind much of the move and that's his job to look after his client and Ili made it clear he wanted to one day join them. It's sooner than we'd like but it could have been last summer given how well he'd played in the first season.

Marseille fans might be arrogant I don't know, but most of the bigger clubs fans are no doubt similar. Will always follow his career with interest. It's easier that he's joined a foreign team than someone here.

Great note from Ili- they're going to absolute love him in Marseille. Rip it up lad - hope you get right to the top.

Fantastic player- superb drive and energy - thanks wholeheartedly for 2 amazing years - YOU ARE THE BEST.

Glad we got you for 2 years.

He’s been great to watch. An absolute joy.

That is the type of sign off I expected of the lad.

No idea how he let the scenario of last week unfold . It’s a real shame.

But it doesn’t take away the fact that he did his absolute maximum to get us promoted back to the Premier League. Whilst it might not be up there with Stuart Broad’s sign off, it at least leaves the club in a better position that when he made his debut.

He’s such a likeable kid. Good luck to the lad.

Now down to United to make sure it wasn’t all for nothing.

I understand the lure of his boyhood club, but initial reactions from me as the news breaks:

1. I'm really surprised he's been advised to pass up on the chance of PL football.
2. The OM fans are a really strange bunch, they have their man's, and STILL they continue to go for us on social media. Why?! Weirdos.
3. The club statement just shouts of the club being pissed off. Rightly so. But they have contributed to this horrendous situation. How they haven't had him on much better terms for a much longer amount of time (I'm talking beyond his most recent rise to form) if they knew he had bags of promise is just ludicrous.

He’s been great to watch. An absolute joy.

That is the type of sign off I expected of the lad.

No idea how he let the scenario of last week unfold . It’s a real shame.

But it doesn’t take away the fact that he did his absolute maximum to get us promoted back to the Premier League. Whilst it might not be up there with Stuart Broad’s sign off, it at least leaves the club in a better position that when he made his debut.

He’s such a likeable kid. Good luck to the lad.

Now down to United to make sure it wasn’t all for nothing.

Good post. 100% effort, unlike Lundcunt. GLTTL, will be remembered fondly but not a legend.

First rule of business is to protect your assets, and we failed to do this in respect of Illy, and I’d like to know the reason.
Not asking too much as a fan, really is it?
Sadly I think it is.
As fans we have no connection to the business other than as loyal customers, which whilst important gives us no realistic right to question the business decisions taken.
In this case we have acquired an asset for very little, used it significantly and then sold it for a large profit: not bad business. Could it have been better ? We will never know.

I understand the lure of his boyhood club, but initial reactions from me as the news breaks:

1. I'm really surprised he's been advised to pass up on the chance of PL football.
2. The OM fans are a really strange bunch, they have their man's, and STILL they continue to go for us on social media. Why?! Weirdos.
3. The club statement just shouts of the club being pissed off. Rightly so. But they have contributed to this horrendous situation. How they haven't had him on much better terms for a much longer amount of time (I'm talking beyond his most recent rise to form) if they knew he had bags of promise is just ludicrous.
The whole issue reeks of footballagentspeak.

Good post. 100% effort, unlike Lundcunt. GLTTL, will be remembered fondly but not a legend.
Legend gets bandied about so easily at times.

I'm fine now to wish he gets right to the top and posted as much on the Blades Ramble Twitter comment.

He's right up there with the best for entertainment but I just couldn't go with the best or legend as a comment when you look back on how Brian Deane took us through the divisions and did it at Premier League level for us for a few years or the sheer volume of goals Billy scored even when we were poor under Adkins to make inroads into the club's top 10 list.

If he'd stayed then he certainly could have been a club legend. But he's been a starter for not quite two years so you can't start bandying that word around when you've got the likes of Joe Shaw playing pretty much all his career with us.

What makes a legend? I guess that could be a good debate for another day!

How much did we sell for? And if our owners wanted to keep him, why not make the sale price big enough to put most people off. A bit like Kayne who is in his last year of contract? Just asking!

Legend gets bandied about so easily at times.

I'm fine now to wish he gets right to the top and posted as much on the Blades Ramble Twitter comment.

He's right up there with the best for entertainment but I just couldn't go with the best or legend as a comment when you look back on how Brian Deane took us through the divisions and did it at Premier League level for us for a few years or the sheer volume of goals Billy scored even when we were poor under Adkins to make inroads into the club's top 10 list.

If he'd stayed then he certainly could have been a club legend. But he's been a starter for not quite two years so you can't start bandying that word around when you've got the likes of Joe Shaw playing pretty much all his career with us.

What makes a legend? I guess that could be a good debate for another day!

Legend is one down from saint (dead) so old.

After the way they have acted, I hope he rips it up at Marseille but wins nothing. I hope a really big club come in for him in 2 years, and the OM fans feel the way we are feeling now.

I've loved watching him play, he's genuinely the best player I've seen at the lane in nearly 50 years of supporting us. I always knew he was too good for us, but I'm bitter about the way it's ended and the way OM have gone about it, although with their track record it's not surprising.

Biggsy made a good point which I agree with. Until we have ownership that will hold onto our top homegrown talent for longer, we aren’t going to make that next step and stay in the PL for any sustained period. Been over 30 years now.

After the way they have acted, I hope he rips it up at Marseille but wins nothing. I hope a really big club come in for him in 2 years, and the OM fans feel the way we are feeling now.

I've loved watching him play, he's genuinely the best player I've seen at the lane in nearly 50 years of supporting us. I always knew he was too good for us, but I'm bitter about the way it's ended and the way OM have gone about it, although with their track record it's not surprising.
He didn’t have to go to OM. Was his choice to engineer the move the fuck SUFC about to squeeze a few extra quid out of them. Great footballer but just another mercenary.

He didn’t have to go to OM. Was his choice to engineer the move the fuck SUFC about to squeeze a few extra quid out of them. Great footballer but just another mercenary.

That’s your view. Hecky, who’s worked with him for three years, says he wasn’t motivated by money at all. I believe Hecky is right.

That’s your view. Hecky, who’s worked with him for three years, says he wasn’t motivated by money at all. I believe Hecky is right.
I just don’t buy it personally. I think the boyhood club thing is overcooked (he lived hundreds of miles from Marseille).

Why agree a contract with us in principle if it was his supposed dream to play for them if money wasn’t a factor? Why is somebody of his talents wasting them playing for a Ligue 1 also ran?

I was resigned to seeing him go at the end of the season and was looking forward to seeing how his career played out with the same enthusiasm I had watching him play in the World Cup.

Contract and video thing has done it for me. I feel very bitter about it and feel like a mug tbh. Something about it stinks.

A friend of mines nephew , who played a few first team games under hecky but no longer with the club , told me way back in may whilst season was still in full swing that Ndiaye wanted to sign for Marseille, and he would go if they made a bid I posted it in here at the time , footballers can't actively apply for other jobs like we can so that's their way of applying , and yes u can call it engineering a move , but it was only because it's his boyhood club he wasn't interested in playing for anyone else

A bit like some of my exes. Gutted he's left, but he will always be in my wank bank.

Back
Top Bottom