Ndiaye transfer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Something not right here why is there still no official announcement he’s gone?

I imagine it will be today or tomorrow.

Just feels like taking along time because it was leaked before he had even arrived in Marseille to do his medical.

Big questions the club needs to address pronto, are:
  • What happened between sat teatime when Illy came off the pitch at Derby, and sunday afternoon, when one of the Prince’smates tells us he’s off to Marseilles. Why did Illy change his mind?
  • When did Hecky know, Illy was being sold, and how pissed is he, for this going so terribly wrong at such a late stage?
-Are there contingency plans in place so that we have a credible prem level strike force in place in time for Palace,or are we now in freefall?
The Prince via his backers has got his usual story out there, not his fault, we couldn’t have done anymore etc. as he always does, but what really went on?
Sadly, I think a shitstorm is brewing, and the fallout from all this will be much bigger, than Illy’s loss to Marseilles.
Somebody needs to fill the communication void quickly, or it could get very messy for us all very quickly.

No money to pay his wages apparently, Sanchez and Aubameyang have stolen all the wages so he's either got to play for free or go to Boreham Wood on loan.

Because the transfer hasn’t been completed yet? 🤷‍♂️

Brilliant…….another NDiaye post🥴
He's over rated and would've failed in the Premier League anyway apparently, so, to quote Neil Warnock "Don't know what fuss is about!"

Big questions the club needs to address pronto, are:
  • What happened between sat teatime when Illy came off the pitch at Derby, and sunday afternoon, when one of the Prince’smates tells us he’s off to Marseilles. Why did Illy change his mind?
  • When did Hecky know, Illy was being sold, and how pissed is he, for this going so terribly wrong at such a late stage?
-Are there contingency plans in place so that we have a credible prem level strike force in place in time for Palace,or are we now in freefall?
The Prince via his backers has got his usual story out there, not his fault, we couldn’t have done anymore etc. as he always does, but what really went on?
Sadly, I think a shitstorm is brewing, and the fallout from all this will be much bigger, than Illy’s loss to Marseilles.
Somebody needs to fill the communication void quickly, or it could get very messy for us all very quickly.
The real question is why would you want answers to any of these questions ?
If he’s gone then we see who replaces him and get on with life and supporting the team.

Read my last sentence and therein lies the answer to your question.
...but it doesn’t. Why would you or any fan need answers to these questions ?
I agree the club needs to communicate with its customers as any business would do, but that should only relate to statements of fact, not constant updating fans on what may or may not be happening.
Fans may be keen to know what is going on behind the scenes, but that is an unrealistic expectation.
Let the club tell us what has happened (and why, if they think we should know), when it has happened.They are running a business not playing a board game.

This is what happens when the Prince or whoever lets fans ‘break’ the news.

I’m a big fan of our YouTube content creators and other social media channels etc but if the club doesn’t put out something official, it just leads to everyone not actually having the foggiest idea as to what’s happening.

Which then leads to them getting a load of stick because people are discussing whether it’s actually true or not - because clearly el accounto or nick or Hal or whoever won’t have been given every single detail.

This is what happens when the Prince or whoever lets fans ‘break’ the news.

I’m a big fan of our YouTube content creators and other social media channels etc but if the club doesn’t put out something official, it just leads to everyone not actually having the foggiest idea as to what’s happening.

Which then leads to them getting a load of stick because people are discussing whether it’s actually true or not - because clearly el accounto or nick or Hal or whoever won’t have been given every single detail.
Maybe he has the "Beattie" flu'.

I agree the club needs to communicate with its customers as any business would do, but that should only relate to statements of fact, not constant updating fans on what may or may not be happening.
No right or wrong answer to this, it's your opinion but:

Are you happy with the level of communication from the club through official channels?

On a side not I understand the fee will be paid over his contract lenth, so if it's a five year deal we will get about 4m a year?

For someone who never seemed to get any kind of significant injury, has the armour of a Chieftan tank on the field, and is just supremely fit, I would be amazed if he failed a medical.

But if he has, I hope it was caused by one of those gobby cunts jumping on him at the airport.

No right or wrong answer to this, it's your opinion but:

Are you happy with the level of communication from the club through official channels?
I don’t expect the club to tell me anything that is not already fixed.
So sales and purchases of players, dates of fixtures etc are all I expect.
I acknowledge that some consider that the fans should be kept up to date on all matters, but I think that is a misconception of what we are, namely customers.

I acknowledge that some consider that the fans should be kept up to date on all matters, but I think that is a misconception of what we are, namely customers.
It's definitely a hard balance for a club, I certainly don't expect to be told the inner workings of the club. However I think that football fans are slightly different to 'customers' in the transactional sense.

There's a lot of negative PR from the way that the club has handled a lot of things in the last year or 2. This is despite the fact that on the pitch it's been pretty damn good.

I'd also have liked the club to have reported the goings on of the last few days a bit differently. I don't watch Blades fan youtube channels and very rarely look at twitter, the Ndiaye news is pretty much only available via those channels. The chairman has requested that the news be broken via a fan youtube channel, seems odd to me. Why not just come out and say it?

Sponsorship updates, kit release dates, signings etc. all seem to get an airing with an official seal of approval on unofficial channels before the club breaks them. I don't agree with this personally.

Abdullah is now taking pre-vetted questions via a fan youtube channel, why not front up the fans and do a forum that is broadcast via SUTV?!

Good for you!United must be realising your expectations in every way.
I expect a little more than that as a customer/fan.
As derek says above there is no right or wrong on this.
Ultimately,customers/fans have the right to vote with their feet, if the product being offered falls below what they had hoped, especially if the club doesn’t feel it important to explain why key personnel have left, leading to a drop in standards of performance/relegation.
Good for you.United must be realising your expectations in every way.
I expect a little more as a loyal customer/fan over the past 60 years.
As Derek says above, I guess there’s no right or wrong on this.
Ultimately, customers/fans have the right to voice their discontent and vote with their feet, if the product, suddenly becomes sub-standard, especially if the club doesn’t feel it important to explain why key personnel who were critical to its success have left. Worth noting, Mr Bettis,if in a years time, we are expected to pay for a championship rather than a Premiership product.

I wonder if Arse-eille have agreed to hold off announcing until we can say ''Illy's gone, but <Insert Name of Low Cost Youngster> is signing, so don't panic''.

Good for you!United must be realising your expectations in every way.
I expect a little more than that as a customer/fan.
As derek says above there is no right or wrong on this.
Ultimately,customers/fans have the right to vote with their feet, if the product being offered falls below what they had hoped, especially if the club doesn’t feel it important to explain why key personnel have left, leading to a drop in standards of performance/relegation.

Good for you.United must be realising your expectations in every way.
I expect a little more as a loyal customer/fan over the past 60 years.
As Derek says above, I guess there’s no right or wrong on this.
Ultimately, customers/fans have the right to voice their discontent and vote with their feet, if the product, suddenly becomes sub-standard, especially if the club doesn’t feel it important to explain why key personnel who were critical to its success have left. Worth noting, Mr Bettis,if in a years time, we are expected to pay for a championship rather than a Premiership product.
At present he has not left. The club would look incompetent if they indicated that he had when something goes wrong at the last minute. Once all is signed then they should immediately tell us through the club website and not via any intermediary
The product on the pitch is what excites me and for which I pay, if that is good but communication poor I am ok, but the other way round I am not happy !

Back
Top Bottom