Gone Elsewhere Nahki Wells

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We keep seeing good proven strikers go elsewhere in this division. Baldock to Reading and now Wells to QPR.

If we don't pull a rabbit out of our hat there'll be some very angry people on here and rightly so.

5’7”.

It would have spelled the end for Billy.

Chris seems to like some physical presence up there.

Good we played QPR when we did. They are getting a couple of capable forwards in.

It seems a few on here feel they could do a better job than Paul Mitchell - perhaps they'd like to offer their services to CW

We keep seeing good proven strikers go elsewhere in this division. Baldock to Reading and now Wells to QPR.

If we don't pull a rabbit out of our hat there'll be some very angry people on here and rightly so.

Yeah but i think people are already used to you and Ricky so it will alreet!

Angry that Wilder seeks to recruit the players he wants rather than the players you want?

Astonishing arrogance.

Angry that Wilder seeks to recruit the players he wants rather than the players you want?

Astonishing arrogance.
Shut up idiot. We’re supposed to be wanting proven championship quality - meanwhile it’s going elsewhere.

Yeah but i think people are already used to you and Ricky so it will alreet!
I assume you’ll be happy if McGoldrick gets injured long term and we have Lavery ‘pushing’ Clarke and Sharp while January then eh?

Thought so

Neither have been prolific at Championship level.

Neither have been prolific at Championship level.
Both a fair bit more prolific than Lavery. Both know what it takes to be a key frontman in a championship promotion winning side considering they were both exactly that 2 years ago.

I never said they were prolific but they are very much proven. What prolific championship strikers are you expecting us to sign? 5 in 32 for Villa Scott Hogan, or maybe 5 in 30 for Birmingham Sam Gallagher?

He has been okay at this level. Tufty doesn’t want him. Should he sign him simply because a couple of numpties do?
Who do you suggest then?
I can't wait for this.

I've heard you rubbish a few suggestions and come up with none of your own. Typical for you, really.

Both a fair bit more prolific than Lavery. Both know what it takes to be a key frontman in a championship promotion winning side considering they were both exactly that 2 years ago.

I never said they were prolific but they are very much proven. What prolific championship strikers are you expecting us to sign? 5 in 32 for Villa Scott Hogan, or maybe 5 in 30 for Birmingham Sam Gallagher?
Hogan had a good goal to game ratio at Brentford, shame he seems to be injury prone.
Neither Wells nor Baldock have ever had a good goal to game ratio at championship level.
Gallagher is a completely different type of player and one who we could probably do with, would be cover/competition for Leon, whereas the others, whilst decent enough, would be more likely to compete with/replace Billy.
I’d be happy enough if we signed one of them but I wouldn’t be angry if we didn’t.

Who do you suggest then?
I can't wait for this.

I've heard you rubbish a few suggestions and come up with none of your own. Typical for you, really.

I don’t share the arrogance of know-nowts who like to think they know it all. It’s fine to make suggestions and have preferences. Deriding the manager and club for not following your suggestions and preferences, on the other hand, is professing expertise and pre-eminence that you simply don’t have. I won’t fall into that schoolboy error.

Hogan had a good goal to game ratio at Brentford, shame he seems to be injury prone.
Neither Wells nor Baldock have ever had a good goal to game ratio at championship level.
Gallagher is a completely different type of player and one who we could probably do with, would be cover/competition for Leon, whereas the others, whilst decent enough, would be more likely to compete with/replace Billy.
I’d be happy enough if we signed one of them but I wouldn’t be angry if we didn’t.
We're running out of 'proven championship' (not my words) options though, and two forwards who have played upfront in promotion winning sides should've been top of the list for me.

There aren't any prolific forwards knocking about in our price range I'm afraid. But having some proven championship quality up there, winners to boot, will provide us with options.

I don’t share the arrogance of know-nowts who like to think they know it all. It’s fine to make suggestions and have preferences. Deriding the manager and club for not following your suggestions and preferences, on the other hand, is professing expertise and pre-eminence that you simply don’t have. I won’t fall into that schoolboy error.
Brilliant.

So you have the cheek to deride other people for suggesting players who would improve us - but have none of your own.

Brilliant.

Maybe you need to listen to follow your icon Nigel Adkins around instead rather than watch us.

Brilliant.

So you have the cheek to deride other people for suggesting players who would improve us - but have none of your own.

Brilliant.

Maybe you need to listen to follow your icon Nigel Adkins around instead rather than watch us.

No. You really must pay attention to what I say, not what you would prefer me to have said in order to tee up a misguided reply.

I specifically welcomed the suggestion of players and you are entitled to your preferences. To then castigate the club and manager for not following your prescriptive choices, however, is really a quite staggering exercise in puffed up self-importance.

What an odd train of thought. I suggest you join a Hull City forum where the issue can be mass-debated. You’ll fit in well.
I'll fit in a lot better than Nigel Adkins has fitted in at Hull City.

That's another failure now, I make that 3 in a row. That Nigel Adkins paragraph is taking a sour turn - eh?

We're running out of 'proven championship' (not my words) options though, and two forwards who have played upfront in promotion winning sides should've been top of the list for me.

There aren't any prolific forwards knocking about in our price range I'm afraid. But having some proven championship quality up there, winners to boot, will provide us with options.
As I say, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed Wells (I’m pretty meh about Baldock, I think he’s L1 really but if we signed him I’d hope for the best) but I know nothing about their character or personality, which is just as important, arguably more so, than their technical ability. For all I know Wells may have made his money and lost his hunger. I’ve seen enough of those types at the Lane to last me a lifetime.
If Wells goes to QPR without anyone trying to hijack the deal then I’d suspect there may be an issue.
But who knows, he may click with them and get 20 this season. And all those who derided ‘Shteeve’ will have to eat their words.

No. You really must pay attention to what I say, not what you would prefer me to have said in order to tee up a misguided reply.

I specifically welcomed the suggestion of players and you are entitled to your preferences. To then castigate the club and manager for not following your prescriptive choices, however, is really a quite staggering exercise in puffed up self-importance.
"We keep seeing good proven strikers go elsewhere in this division. Baldock to Reading and now Wells to QPR."

Fact or fiction?
Where's the 'castigation' there of either the club or manager? Or is it something else you've made up?

As I say, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed Wells (I’m pretty meh about Baldock, I think he’s L1 really but if we signed him I’d hope for the best) but I know nothing about their character or personality, which is just as important, arguably more so, than their technical ability. For all I know Wells may have made his money and lost his hunger. I’ve seen enough of those types at the Lane to last me a lifetime.
If Wells goes to QPR without anyone trying to hijack the deal then I’d suspect there may be an issue.
But who knows, he may click with them and get 20 this season. And all those who derided ‘Shteeve’ will have to eat their words.
I think Baldock is far better than L1. I don't know how you can think that when he was playing alongside Hemed every week in the season before they went up (when they lost out in the play offs to Wendy) and the season after with Murray when they finished behind Newcastle. He creates space for his partners to score rather than taking the goalscoring credit himself, fantastic player.

I think there 'may' well be something amiss with Wells too if no one hijacks it. Seems a very odd one. He'd be great for us, real pace to run in behind and would compliment all of our frontline, even Billy.

Back
Top Bottom