My highlight of the day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was when I found out Birmingham scored a late winner against Wendy and I was bouncing on the row I was sat shouting "Wendy's losing!" My son was embarrassed.

I am 61 years old.
He shouldn't be embarrassed - when you get to 61 you need to take any comfort you can get and he should understand that - I'm 62 and get excited if i can guess clues from old 3-2-1 re runs on Gold. Life needs celebrating .

Was when I found out Birmingham scored a late winner against Wendy and I was bouncing on the row I was sat shouting "Wendy's losing!" My son was embarrassed.

I am 61 years old.
My highlight of the day was when my Dad went to the washroom and went walkabouts.

It at least gave me something interesting to do to break up what was an incredibly insipid performance devoid of anything remotely entertaining.

I soon remembered why there wasn’t a big pull keeping me from going and living in Singapore!

My highlight was I decided to have a pie at halftime. First time in ages and I liked it .

Completely the opposite experience for me. However at least the Bovril was hot today. Sadly that is such a devastating indictment of what we have to comment upon this season.

Sitting on the BLUT it was interesting seeing the moon slowly move from left to right above the Kop. I had a lovely chat with my 7 year old about how it’s not moving, it’s us that are spinning, which went on for a while.

This made me pay less attention to the match, for which I was thankful.

The highlight for me was David Brooks coming on as sub. I'm not all woke, but literally that was the only thing I stood up for and clapped all afternoon which says more about the performance than anything else.
Same. Gave his shirt to a youngster in the John St. at full time.

Sitting on the BLUT it was interesting seeing the moon slowly move from left to right above the Kop. I had a lovely chat with my 7 year old about how it’s not moving, it’s us that are spinning, which went on for a while.
Nice. At the Newcastle home match (0-8) my nine year old daughter and I had a cracking chat about the different laws of thermodynamics. I remember more about that chat than the game.

My highlight was my son agreeing to leave ten minutes early, we normally clap the off so happy I didn’t have to through that.

This made me pay less attention to the match, for which I was thankful.
That wasn’t no moon - that was Souza

Watching the ad for a grass mower on the big screen, during the game was my personal highlight.
Bet they‘ve sold thousands.
Anyone remember the aluminium bottomed narrow boat adverts, I think from the Robson era? I swear I was nearly brainwashed into buying one, things were that bad

I made friends with a six year old who sat in front of me on the kop. He was there for his birthday. He reckoned if he'd have been on the pitch he'd have scored 6 in the first half and 10 in the second half. He also told me off for swearing at Tavernier.

Unfortunately he'd left by the time McBurnie scored. I can't blame him, but would have been nice for him to see them score one.

Back
Top Bottom