One of the most cringeworthy moments as a Blade fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some other cringey moments were us signing Marlon King and Ched being sent down, oh and the battle of Brammal lane. This doesn’t even come close.

KIng - absolutely. IMHO the worst signing we have ever made. We put a possible few goals ahead of any semblance of propriety or basic decency. He was the defeinition of a scumbag with a long list of violence against women and petty criminality.

Ched - a sickener, and far more than 'cringeworthy'.

Battle of Bramall Lane - firstly you should at least learn to spell your own team's ground.
- secondly, I found it hilarious. The ginger twat got a right cob on and George got some own back on that sneaky twat Johnson.
Not at all cringeworthy for me.

KIng - absolutely. IMHO the worst signing we have ever made. We put a possible few goals ahead of any semblance of propriety or basic decency. He was the defeinition of a scumbag with a long list of violence against women and petty criminality.

Ched - a sickener, and far more than 'cringeworthy'.

Battle of Bramall Lane - firstly you should at least learn to spell your own team's ground.
- secondly, I found it hilarious. The ginger twat got a right cob on and George got some own back on that sneaky twat Johnson.
Not at all cringeworthy for me.
Apologies for my spelling.

I still find the West Brom game embarrassing and have no idea why we keep ‘celebrating’ it on our social media platforms. It’s a shameful day in our history in my view.

Having seen the original incident it’s hard to believe Johnson meant to cause the damage he did to Santos. I don’t think a revenge tackle was the right thing to do.

Curle should have been off as well. Best way to get revenge is to win against an opponent fairly.

Always found the JOC very cringeworthy especially when we got prmoted this season but it's all the majority wanted to sing about, also the mcburnie one "scoring goals in the red and white".....

Can't think of a on-field particular embarrasment though.

I still find the West Brom game embarrassing and have no idea why we keep ‘celebrating’ it on our social media platforms. It’s a shameful day in our history in my view.
No-one like us, we don't care.
Twatting a linesman at Portsmouth, Mardy Arse Bruce taking the players off at Arsenal, Warnock being generally, well, Warnock.

Brilliant day out making history and we really wound up Ginger pig in the process.
Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Having seen the original incident it’s hard to believe Johnson meant to cause the damage he did to Santos. I don’t think a revenge tackle was the right thing to do.
A blindside elbow full on and fracturing the eye socket? He got off very lightly IMHO.

Curle should have been off as well.
He knew the rules and he was banking on the ref not wanting to have to abandon the game. He was on a yellow and kept kicking people up in the air, then apologising. We found it hilarious, to be honest.

Best way to get revenge is to win against an opponent fairly.
Yes, but a sneaky kidney punch can sometimes be more satisfying.

I am really surprised by this Silent, not that you will care. I normally find myself nodding in agreement in response to many of your posts, so this seems contrary to your usual mindset.

There are many, many more embarrassing moments that spring to mind, many mentioned further back, but that welcome for Sander was a reaction that suggested we were finally going to belong as a club in the top flight.

but that welcome for Sander was a reaction that suggested we were finally going to belong as a club in the top flight.

Agree with this, we spent 20 million on a international from Europe it seemed as though we were finally on the up and going places, the reception was warranted and brilliant if you ask me.

The Ched "He'll shag who he wants" chant out-cringes everything.
Thats true-

But the Sander song was anything but cringeworthy

Great Song

Graeat Welcome

Great Win

Great appreciation from Sander

Fans and players loving it- this was the exact opposite of cringeworthy

Everything Jordan Stewart did on a football pitch- now thats cringeworthy

Now he is no longer our player I can now say how embarrassed I was after the final whistle at Selhurst Park in January 2020 when the Blades fans were singing non stop the welcome for Sander Berge for about 5 minutes. It was an over the top welcome. I nearly always welcome any new signing but when it comes to singing praises, I always give it time before deciding that he has fitted in well at SUFC. I admit at the time I was pleased when he signed for us and was hoping the £20M fee would be justified. Since then he often frustrated the life out of me because he wasnt quick or brave enough and was often beaten in the air by players a lot smaller than him.

Am surprised that Burnley went for Berge instead of Hamer.

Ståle Solbakken talks out of his arse when he slags us off as not being the right club for Berge.

Berge might be a nice guy and I wish him luck but he wasnt worth the fee we paid for him.
Solbakken was right, we probably weren’t the right club for him. He was also not the right player for us. He was a luxury player who took far to long to integrate into our system.

Agree with this, we spent 20 million on an international from Europe it seemed as though we were finally on the up and going places, the reception was warranted and brilliant if you ask me.
Totally this

It felt as though we had finally arrived . We were walking on air and so proud of our club . We were talked about as one of the most innovative clubs in the whole football league. We had landed and here was the start of the glorious beginning - right in front of our eyes . We had waited a lifetime .

Little did we know it was the beginning of the utter chaos we find ourselves in today

You could absolutely weep

The most cringeworthy moment for me was the opposite of the Sander thing.

Booing Richard Cresswell ON to the pitch on his debut against Ipswich in 2009.

Why?

Because he had the audacity to have played for Wednesday and Leeds at some point in his career.

Exhibit #436,989 of our fans being a bunch of utter fucking cuntwaffles.

No mention of the car park protest when Wilson was appointed?how about McCabe naming the lane end the Jessica Ennis stand?

No mention of the car park protest when Wilson was appointed?how about McCabe naming the lane end the Jessica Ennis stand?

I was at the protest, but I wasnt protesting, I was just being nosey.

Granted, I didn't really fancy having him at the Lane because his track record was a bit shit, not because of him being previously at Wednesday. I've never given a shit where people have played and managed before.

I actually ended up shaking hands with Danny Wilson after they did an impromptu fans forum type thingy. He was very courteous and dignified through it all.
More than can be said for some twats there that day.

One of the most cringe worthy moments for me Is fans singing "we've got Billy sharp" at whatever level we are playing at it's absolutely cringe worthy , in the premiership it was downright embarrassing, bear in mind this is still a player who has scored more goals for other teams combined than he has for us

Last edited:
One of the most cringe worthy moments for me Is fans singing "we've got Billy sharp" at whatever level we are playing at it's absolutely cringe worthy , in the premiership it was downright embarrassing, bear in mind this is still a player who has scored more goals for other teams combined than he has for us
Being Blades, we don’t tend to take ourselves too seriously. Singing Billy’s name in the Prem is in many ways similar to us singing “you’ll never win league one to Liverpool fans. We are righty proud of both our club legend and our achievements in league 1…Fuck being embarrassed.

The most cringeworthy moment for me was the opposite of the Sander thing.

Booing Richard Cresswell ON to the pitch on his debut against Ipswich in 2009.

Why?

Because he had the audacity to have played for Wednesday and Leeds at some point in his career.

Exhibit #436,989 of our fans being a bunch of utter fucking cuntwaffles.

I think the booing was the frustration of where were at. Remember Kyle Walker getting booed for following Blackwells hoofwaffe tactics in that game. Ironic cheers when he passed it later on. They were shit years, but you’re right wasn’t Cresswells fault.

I was at the protest, but I wasnt protesting, I was just being nosey.

Granted, I didn't really fancy having him at the Lane because his track record was a bit shit, not because of him being previously at Wednesday. I've never given a shit where people have played and managed before.

I actually ended up shaking hands with Danny Wilson after they did an impromptu fans forum type thingy. He was very courteous and dignified through it all.
More than can be said for some twats there that day.
At the Closed Shop?

Remember lads and lasses....no serenading of Hamer tonight whatever the outcome.

A very quick chant may be allowed but please don't overdo it.

Being Blades, we don’t tend to take ourselves too seriously. Singing Billy’s name in the Prem is in many ways similar to us singing “you’ll never win league one to Liverpool fans. We are righty proud of both our club legend and our achievements in league 1…Fuck being embarrassed.
I said at whatever level not just prem

I wish.

They just ushered a few of us into the Platinum Suite.

Closed Shop would've been a much nicer location.

He did a separate session there.

A favourite pub of mine and within a decent walking distance, but sadly I missed it, but a mate went. He was very impressed with Wilson fronting up.

Back
Top Bottom