Make some noise for the successors of the Blades of 1961

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HodgysBrokenThumb

Reaction score
My favourite season of Blades-watching was 1960-61, Second Division, won promotion, got to Cup semi-final. The team of 60-61 had great consistency, quality players (Hodgy, the Shaws, Pace, etc), and had been close to success over several years. I regard that as the most successful season I have witnessed. The team of 22-23 has done way better than most expected, against a background of ownership issues, injuries, etc. If they clinch promotion, they will have achieved the same success as the lads of 60-61. If they beat Man City, well…
However the match goes at Wembley, support the lads throughout. They have earned it, and will need the positivity to continue to the league matches. Celebrate the season.

The events of the last few days have in my eyes earned the status of worthy successors of the team of 1961 for this year’s team. Football has changed enormously: in 1961 the Cup had an importance which is impossible to re-create today, but on the other hand, promotion to the Premier League is much more important than the promotion of 1961. One thing that has improved enormously: the post-match celebrations on the pitch this week.

Back
Top Bottom