Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopfully a lunny replacement who can cover bash and balders if wilder is going to play this flat midfield

Chambers was sketchy in defence for Fulham and was dropped for a run of games. He was brought back into the side as a midfielder and suddenly everything clicked and he stormed on to become their POTY. He played box to box. Athletic and liked to put a foot in. I imagine he’d be comfortable in the Bash role, or in as a DM.

Really hope we can bring him in, but think we may struggle. Arsenal, even with their new signings, have lost Koscielny and Jenkinson and are still a little light. I’d like us to try and tempt them with a permanent offer, they’ve unexpectedly spent quite a lot this Summer so it may tempt them.

I think he will play RCB primarily and once arsenal have Luiz they have plenty of options at CB.
Sokratis
Luiz
Mustafi
Holding
Mavropanos
Monreal (in a 3)

They are still quite weak at RB with only bellerin available and maitland-Niles who they now seem to have converted to a RB.

Chambers was sketchy in defence for Fulham and was dropped for a run of games. He was brought back into the side as a midfielder and suddenly everything clicked and he stormed on to become their POTY. He played box to box. Athletic and liked to put a foot in. I imagine he’d be comfortable in the Bash role, or in as a DM.

Really hope we can bring him in, but think we may struggle. Arsenal, even with their new signings, have lost Koscielny and Jenkinson and are still a little light. I’d like us to try and tempt them with a permanent offer, they’ve unexpectedly spent quite a lot this Summer so it may tempt them.

Seeing lots of reports saying he in Arsenal matchday squad for Newcastle

So who were our 3 GKs that year? Kenny, Gerrard and Bennett? Did all 3 play?

Bennett and Gerrard each made two league league appearances: Bennett in the 1-2 home defeat against Reading and the 0-3 away defeat at Arsenal in September. Gerrard, as LoughboroBlade said, played in the 1-3 defeat at Middlesbrough on New Year's Day and the 1-1 draw at home against Portsmouth later in January. I have a feeling that Gerrard only signed in the January as cover after Bennett got injured: he wasn't really a third choice keeper.

Would love to get him on loan with a view to a permanent chambers still very young and has huge potential.

Don’t know why arsenal aren’t giving him a proper chance

I think he will play RCB primarily and once arsenal have Luiz they have plenty of options at CB.
Sokratis
Luiz
Mustafi
Holding
Mavropanos
Monreal (in a 3)

They are still quite weak at RB with only bellerin available and maitland-Niles who they now seem to have converted to a RB.
Rumour is that Mustafi will be leaving either in loan or a permanent so may be a little more difficult to push this one through

What time today do we start worrying if we’ve not had unsubstantiated rumours of a player at the Lane or a blurred photo of chambers at a service station on the m1? Hahah

Would love to get him on loan with a view to a permanent chambers still very young and has huge potential.

Don’t know why arsenal aren’t giving him a proper chance
Because when they originally did he was an absolute car crash at the back.

What time today do we start worrying if we’ve not had unsubstantiated rumours of a player at the Lane or a blurred photo of chambers at a service station on the m1? Hahah
Could you please use the correct scientific term this this phenomenon, which is the Goran Slavkovski Event Horizon

Wait, what - are some people actually counting Jagielka as GK cover? I fear for their sanity if so.

Warnock once considered (to the extent he asked at least one senior pro what they thought to the idea) starting Jagielka in net in a high profile first team game.

That isn't an argument for not signing a 3rd choice GK btw...

Warnock once considered (to the extent he asked at least one senior pro what they thought to the idea) starting Jagielka in net in a high profile first team game.

Very interested to hear a bit more detail on that. Please tell me it was the League Cup game against Arsenal where Kenny played while clearly still injured.

Very interested to hear a bit more detail on that. Please tell me it was the League Cup game against Arsenal where Kenny played while clearly still injured.
That was the FA Cup wasn't it? The decision not to replace Kenny in goal with somebody who could actually move in both directions for that shoot out was pathetic. The Arsenal players were just telling the next kicker to put it in the corner nearest his injured leg as he literally couldn't move in that direction. We'd played so well in both games as well and nearly nicked a last second winner before the pens too, John Harley heading straight at the keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom