Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fitness and junk food issues with Moose aren't hearsay, they've been backed up by both Wilder and Hecky saying that he needs to sort himself out, i seem to remember Wilder commenting on his lifestyle. Its well known in the club that Moose has had some issues.

Moose can have a 6 pack if it makes him feel good.... But he needs to train consistently otherwise he'll have problems with his hamstrings, calves, groin and quads and never finish a game again. He needs to get himself as lean as his genetics will allow.

I still think he's the best striker at the club, but if he can't play 90 mins or even 60 mins twice a week then he's no better than the worst striker...

Don’t wish to slag moose off because I think he’s a fantastic player on his day. Talent wise and fully fit I don’t think there’s a better player in our squad.

That said - and I’ve no idea how much of a part injuries / particularly niggling ones can have on his body and preparation. He’s not really been fit enough to complete 90 minutes in his career.

I feel like it’s fine not being talented enough to make it but not being fit or dedicated enough maximise your talents is a real waste. The likes of bash and billy have extracted everything from the talent they have, I don’t think we can honestly say moose has.

Moose is and always has been a big lad, think it's probably genetics and he's bound to go full on "Shipperley" when he retires.

The suggestions that he likes the odd KFC, is a lazy trainer and has a bad attitude are all hearsay, (no smoke without fire though) but there is obviously something not quite right.

We have all seen what Moose can do and he was excellent away at Barnsley just a few months ago. I personally don't want to give up on him, with the stars aligned he is potentially the best striker at the club by a mile....a fit and firing front two of him and Brewster could rip the league a new one and fire us to the play-offs...

Not really hearsay when your own manager is directly calling you out on your fitness and diet at a press conference. It was a bit of hearsay up until Hecky's recent comments which confirmed the rumours that have been around since Moose arrived at the club.

He is not fully fit coupled with his poor diet hence the inability to last more than 45 minutes and the constant breaking down with niggling injuries.

The poor attitude is false though as I think he is well liked by most at the club and by previous managers but he just lacks the self discipline needed to keep himself in shape.

With his injury records lack of fitness surely its unlikely he will feature more than a handful of times between now and the summer, that in mind we are going to be paying him more than we would receive in fees for him this window so if we dont intend on offering him a contract then surely we should just look at ending his contract early allowing him to move now rather than in 6 months time?

With his injury records lack of fitness surely its unlikely he will feature more than a handful of times between now and the summer, that in mind we are going to be paying him more than we would receive in fees for him this window so if we dont intend on offering him a contract then surely we should just look at ending his contract early allowing him to move now rather than in 6 months time?
We would have to pay off the rest of his contract? I'm pretty sure anyone who wants him can have him for free.

We would have to pay off the rest of his contract? I'm pretty sure anyone who wants him can have him for free.
Sorry this is what I was getting and if Jan passes a mutual termination if he finds a club later than Jan

So, you want us to pay his wages so he can toss it off for the next few months? Why?!

Not at all, I said mutual termination, see it every window a player agrees to a mutual termination before the window closes in order to sign elsewhere afterward. Don't know the reason for it, but id assume its to allow time for the new club to tie up other deals without rushing through this one? be ideal to get him off the wage bill this month though

Not at all, I said mutual termination, see it every window a player agrees to a mutual termination before the window closes in order to sign elsewhere afterward. Don't know the reason for it, but id assume its to allow time for the new club to tie up other deals without rushing through this one? be ideal to get him off the wage bill this month though

I'd bomb him out now if we could.
Might save ourselves half a million quid in wages if he was willing to walk away from his contract to look for something else.

I'd bomb him out now if we could.
Might save ourselves half a million quid in wages if he was willing to walk away from his contract to look for something else.
Im sure he would be happy to rip it up if he had something concrete lined up.

There's not a chance in Hell that any player would take a mutual termination with no pay off unless they had a club lined up. If he had a club lined up then why would we not just loan him out or let him go on a free?

Ahhhh El Accounto taking shots at the management team and their handling of players poor form for someone who purports to have the inside track with ownership on how the club is run. I’d humbly suggests he keeps his trap shut about stuff like this and let’s the management team manage.

Ownership shouldn’t meddle in the management duties of staff just judge them on the results of their methods, associated loudmouths on Twitter shouldn’t be saying jack especially in the public sphere this is not how competent clubs conduct themselves.

I understand that people are desperate for Mousset to do well, especially as he's shown glimpses of brilliance but the fact that he's well into his third season with the club and is yet to finish 90 mins should tell you something. He was a calculated gamble when signed, was unplayable even at Prem level during a short purple patch but other than the odd flash e.g. Barnsley (before he went off injured!), he's simply not done it and the sooner he's someone else's problem and drain on their resources, the better IMHO.

As for ending his contract early as some are suggesting, the only viable ways to do that is either pay it up in full (why would the club do that unless he was a bad apple and having a negative impact at the club?), seek to negotiate a pay off (why would the player agree to anything less than 100% on his remaining contract value if he has no other offer on the table?), or look for ways to terminate the agreement e.g. gross misconduct). However, if they've not done that following some of his previous exploits (physical condition, driving offences, playing Sunday football etc.) they'll have to be creative to come up with a justifiable reason, especially when he's at home running shuttles in his garden.

One thing's for sure, his next contract won't be as lucrative as his current one unless his agent manages to convince a team in somewhere like KSA or Qatar to take a punt on him. His current Lambo (if it's not been written off) may well be his final one!

Ahhhh El Accounto taking shots at the management team and their handling of players poor form for someone who purports to have the inside track with ownership on how the club is run. I’d humbly suggests he keeps his trap shut about stuff like this and let’s the management team manage.

Ownership shouldn’t meddle in the management duties of staff just judge them on the results of their methods, associated loudmouths on Twitter shouldn’t be saying jack especially in the public sphere this is not how competent clubs conduct themselves.
Isn't that one of the things that Yusuf said in his presser that he got slaughtered for? Have we come full circle already?

Isn't that one of the things that Yusuf said in his presser that he got slaughtered for? Have we come full circle already?
Yep I think that was the whole justification for the whole you won’t see us again ramble.

I’m not sure we’ve come full circle as this isn’t concrete evidence of ownership meddling as this chap isn’t part of ownership but it’s not a good look that this is the line being peddled by someone who’s done some heavy PR lifting on behalf of ownership with the fan base previously

At the end of the day, a striker's primary objective is to score goals.

Fact of the matter is that we will always have at least two striking options on the bench if not three in some cases so very rare will both strikers be required to complete 90 minutes.

You can't get away from the fact that Mousset is impactful. 3 goals in 291 minutes is a strike rate streets ahead of anyone else:

Sharp - 1,645 minutes, 7 goals. 6 assists.
Mousset - 291 minutes, 3 goals.
Brewster - 778 minutes, 3 goals.
McGoldrick - 831 minutes. 2 goals. 4 assists.
McBurnie - 410 minutes, 0 goals. 1 assist.

Let's not cut our noses to spite our face here. Even if he improved his 'gym fitness' we'll then be told he needs matches. Surely 20 mins here and there and a few U23 games will only help him.

He's out most dangerous striker when he plays. McBurnie's life choices have cost us plenty of minutes he could have played, so let's be consistent here.

Get him on the bench. Perfect to replace Brewster and continues the onslaught of pace. You bring on McBurnie or McGoldrick and you immediately lose that. Who else scores the goal he got vs Barnsley?

At the end of the day, a striker's primary objective is to score goals.

Fact of the matter is that we will always have at least two striking options on the bench if not three in some cases so very rare will both strikers be required to complete 90 minutes.

You can't get away from the fact that Mousset is impactful. 3 goals in 291 minutes is a strike rate streets ahead of anyone else:

Sharp - 1,645 minutes, 7 goals. 6 assists.
Mousset - 291 minutes, 3 goals.
Brewster - 778 minutes, 3 goals.
McGoldrick - 831 minutes. 2 goals. 4 assists.
McBurnie - 410 minutes, 0 goals. 1 assist.

Let's not cut our noses to spite our face here. Even if he improved his 'gym fitness' we'll then be told he needs matches. Surely 20 mins here and there and a few U23 games will only help him.

He's out most dangerous striker when he plays. McBurnie's life choices have cost us plenty of minutes he could have played, so let's be consistent here.

Get him on the bench. Perfect to replace Brewster and continues the onslaught of pace. You bring on McBurnie or McGoldrick and you immediately lose that. Who else scores the goal he got vs Barnsley?

It's what makes it even more annoying. We know a fully fit 90 minute Moose is an asset.

Contrast that with the return on investment with McBurnie who we paid more for and has stayed fitter than Moose yet seems to look worse the more he plays.

Yep I think that was the whole justification for the whole you won’t see us again ramble.

I’m not sure we’ve come full circle as this isn’t concrete evidence of ownership meddling as this chap isn’t part of ownership but it’s not a good look that this is the line being peddled by someone who’s done some heavy PR lifting on behalf of ownership with the fan base previously
I’m pretty sure that El Accounto makes up 90%+ of what he spouts to try and seem ITK.
He only ever comments on things that have already happened/been reported and then puts his own twist on it to make it sound like he knew all along.

I’m pretty sure that El Accounto makes up 90%+ of what he spouts to try and seem ITK.
He only ever comments on things that have already happened/been reported and then puts his own twist on it to make it sound like he knew all along.
I can’t make my mind up with him his record on transfers is patchy at best but it’s something where things change fast. Certainly he was all over the map this summer with reported interest/none interest in players.

He’s talked quite a lot about the Wilder/Slav situations and the structure of United World and that’s really hard to quantify mainly because the club hasn’t been very transparent about any of it including United world. It would be useful if someone with well established links to the club could discredit him.

If he is or isn’t waffling on about genuine information it would be in the clubs interest to either discredit what he’s saying or to shut him down because what he says is being listened too by the fan base.

Yes he sometimes speaks as though he is an official voice of the club

I would genuinely take Moose after hes just spent £100 @ five guys with a pulled ham string over sharp up top

The whole Mousse saga that we've seen in recent weeks has been:

• Manager yet again bemoaning the shape that Mousse is in and (perhaps rightly or wrongly, depending on your stance) bluntly saying that he needs to sort himself out, get fit, but he's not currently training with the first team.
  • Mousset posting images and videos which show him working his arse off to get in shape.

Both of these, at face value are correct in my opinion. The manager has shown within weeks of being appointed on a 5 year deal, that he won't settle for low standards from any of the players regardless of their sell on value and its a message to the rest of the squad.
As for the player, i don't really know what Mousse is trying to prove on insta, nor care really, but its good to see that he's working hard and basically doing what the manager has publicly slated him for not doing. So fair play, he's doing what he needs to do for his job and profession.

The problem for the club is that the financial situation means we can't just replace Mousse with a new signing, whilst he's not with the squad he's not giving us anything and he's also not putting himself in the shop window because of what the manager has said. So perhaps we have an option to extend him by 1 year and perhaps thats why both the club and player are taking this last step, get him fit and firing and get the best out of him next season...

Honestly i don't know whats the best option financially, let him go for nothing in the summer, extend his contract for another year... both are risky. But losing him in the summer takes him off the wage bill.

Personally, I want him to be at his best and firing on all cylinders for one season in the red and white. I think he's a real talent wasted. I want him to prove me wrong, at United.

Said it for a year or more.
He’s a waste of space and will regret his choices when he’s too old to play and earning bugger all and probably in the gutter cos he’s blown it all.

Plenty have tried with him, all have failed, which confirms he is the problem.
Any one saying…yeah but, he’s there to score goals blah blah….you’re talking nonsense. He’s there to be a pro, and contribute more to a team than simply being barely fit enough to finish off someone else’s hard work…for half an hour if we are lucky.

I would now suggest Hecky has gone a step further and banned him simply because he’s a bad example to others and shown that kind of disgraceful attitude and professionalism simply won’t be tolerated at this club.

Good riddance to him

Said it for a year or more.
He’s a waste of space and will regret his choices when he’s too old to play and earning bugger all and probably in the gutter cos he’s blown it all.

Plenty have tried with him, all have failed, which confirms he is the problem.
Any one saying…yeah but, he’s there to score goals blah blah….you’re talking nonsense. He’s there to be a pro, and contribute more to a team than simply being barely fit enough to finish off someone else’s hard work…for half an hour if we are lucky.

I would now suggest Hecky has gone a step further and banned him simply because he’s a bad example to others and shown that kind of disgraceful attitude and professionalism simply won’t be tolerated at this club.

Good riddance to him
He COULD be really good if he got his finger out (same goes for our other strikers who can score goals at Swansea but you're buggered if you ever see them hit the net here) but it's all too little too late for him, certainly here which is a shame because he's a far more talented footballer than most of our squad. Even if he does get himself fit again, his reputation as a talented but lazy, unfit crock will precede him and will likely end up on trial somewhere or on a contract with various conditions attached to it.

I don't know anything about his personal circumstances, mental health or anything of that nature but regardless, you can let your problems define you in one of two ways, you succumb to them or you rise against them.

From a career perspective, he's living the dream and has way more to lose in monetary terms than the rest of us. If he's not careful, he'll end up delivering takeaways instead of stuffing his face with them.

The whole Mousse saga that we've seen in recent weeks has been:

• Manager yet again bemoaning the shape that Mousse is in and (perhaps rightly or wrongly, depending on your stance) bluntly saying that he needs to sort himself out, get fit, but he's not currently training with the first team.
  • Mousset posting images and videos which show him working his arse off to get in shape.

Both of these, at face value are correct in my opinion. The manager has shown within weeks of being appointed on a 5 year deal, that he won't settle for low standards from any of the players regardless of their sell on value and its a message to the rest of the squad.
As for the player, i don't really know what Mousse is trying to prove on insta, nor care really, but its good to see that he's working hard and basically doing what the manager has publicly slated him for not doing. So fair play, he's doing what he needs to do for his job and profession.

The problem for the club is that the financial situation means we can't just replace Mousse with a new signing, whilst he's not with the squad he's not giving us anything and he's also not putting himself in the shop window because of what the manager has said. So perhaps we have an option to extend him by 1 year and perhaps thats why both the club and player are taking this last step, get him fit and firing and get the best out of him next season...

Honestly i don't know whats the best option financially, let him go for nothing in the summer, extend his contract for another year... both are risky. But losing him in the summer takes him off the wage bill.

Personally, I want him to be at his best and firing on all cylinders for one season in the red and white. I think he's a real talent wasted. I want him to prove me wrong, at United.

I understand why you raise the option of extending his deal by a year SB. I'm not sure whether the club have an option to do so but, if so, it would cost circa £1m in salary (possibly less if not and they look to negotiate a 12 month deal). Given his record to date, is it worth staking that amount in order to hopefully/potentially realise a profit by him coming good and attracting a suitor - I'd say not and I'd much rather invest that amount in promising youth. Considering he's not even training with the squad, I'd say the chances of the club taking the chance are low and expect him to move-on in summer.

Back
Top Bottom