Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You’d imagine after the game last week he’d be pretty high on Fulham’s list of targets for the summer. If we go up he should obviously be the top of ours.

I was thinking the way Fulham play their football, he'd be an excellent fit for them. Swift, skillful, quick link up play with a natural goalscorer that you know will always be in the box.

I was thinking the way Fulham play their football, he'd be an excellent fit for them. Swift, skillful, quick link up play with a natural goalscorer that you know will always be in the box.
Yeah he’s ideal for any team that plays with a fluid attacking set up given his versatility. During his time with us he’s shown the ability to play any of the 3 positions behind the striker and even be a secondary striker himself. Plus he was fairly effective in the prem for wolves at CM he’s a ridiculously talented and versatile footballer given he has the the athletic ability and strength to go with his obvious skill.

I actually think Wolves aren't interested in him, they'd rather continue their portuguese love in. MGW doesn't make Jorge Mendes any cash.

I think if we go up, he's attainable. Let's be reyt, they sold Jota for only 40m

I actually think Wolves aren't interested in him, they'd rather continue their portuguese love in. MGW doesn't make Jorge Mendes any cash.

I think if we go up, he's attainable. Let's be reyt, they sold Jota for only 40m

Yeah but we don't have £4 nevermind £40m. :)

As much as I rate him this is a bit left field.

Like not good enough to currently start for Wolves apparently, but good enough for the potential Serie A winners?
He will only improve though

As much as I rate him this is a bit left field.

Like not good enough to currently start for Wolves apparently, but good enough for the potential Serie A winners?
It's not really a question of his current ability, it's more about whether a club is willing to take a risk and give an unproven player minutes in order to continue developing.

Premier League clubs don't generally like that risk, while Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga clubs do. Partly because they can't go out and buy a very expensive finished article in the way that PL clubs can.

A sidenote - in terms of buying power, Milan are absolutely shopping in the same markets as Wolves, if not lower. The TV revenue in the Premier League absolutely dwarfs other countries and it wouldn't surprise me if Norwich's broadcast income was in the same ball park as Milan's, despite finishing 20th v probably 1st.

EDIT - Milan spent 30m on Fikayo Tomori not long ago, so they have previous. Tomori's career wasn't that much ahead of MGW's, but if Milan trust their own judgement they might be able to repeat the trick for 10m less.

Last edited:
I really can’t imagine many premier league clubs trying to buy MGW, can only see him at Wolves or another loan to us/permanent buy if we go up

For me he's good enough to start for:
  • Brentford
  • Villa
  • Southampton
  • Everton
  • Leeds
  • Burnley
  • Bournemouth
  • Forest/Huddersfield
If he went to one of the following, he'd be no better off than at Wolves. He'd be fighting for 1st team as backup:
  • West Ham
  • Leicester
  • Brighton
  • Crystal Palace

Surely Wolves will just keep him next season. I don't know why they'd contemplate selling him unless he simply isn't in their plans and I'd find that hard to believe given that Lage took a look at him in Jan and wanted him to stay.

Last edited:

Wolves surely will be selling MGW along with a couple of other players during summer now as they won't be playing in Europe next season. (Not as much money coming in as they were hoping for)

Heeeees not portugeisian,
Even with Norwood and fleck he's the reason
We'll be challenging for Premier league next season
Hes morrrrgan gibbs white

For me he's good enough to start for:
  • Brentford
  • Villa
  • Southampton
  • Everton
  • Leeds
  • Burnley
  • Bournemouth
  • Forest/Huddersfield
If he went to one of the following, he'd be no better off than at Wolves. He'd be fighting for 1st team as backup:
  • West Ham
  • Leicester
  • Brighton
  • Crystal Palace
For me it’s the fact that a lot of these teams buy from abroad and he’d cost more because he’s English (and obviously good!). Wish him all the best though and hope he gets into that Wolves 11.

The lad's worth £25m+.

It would be foolish to go anywhere near it if we're not promoted. Aside from that, we don't have a pot to piss in. So it's nonsense.
Someone will come for Neves. This may we'll create space in the Wolves team.

AC Milan keeping an eye out.

He's best off at Wolves where he'll be properly supported, one of their own etc (or us!).

He gives the ball away a lot for the top level and he'll need some time to iron that out of his game, without fans dismissing him.

I don't know exactly how Wolves play, but they need to be keeping MGW. The lad has the potential to go so far in the game.
Most weeks the opposition fans were commenting on what a player he is... and so were we!
We were in the Prem for a couple of years and whilst the step up is massive, MGW has the talent and attitude to succeed up there. He needs to be in a team that has the ball and is going forward though, a loan move to a struggling Prem team wouldn't be right for him.

He's best off at Wolves where he'll be properly supported, one of their own etc (or us!).

He gives the ball away a lot for the top level and he'll need some time to iron that out of his game, without fans dismissing him.
He was giving it away far less at the end of the season than when he arrived.
He has improved significantly and hopefully will continue to do so.

Heard the same from a good mate and lifelong Wolves fan. I pointed out that Wolves wanted him to stay, after his injury rehab, but it seems he could be surplus there, at least for now.

Fingers crossed that wolves decide to hold onto him knowing his potential and then send him back on another loan. Can hope 🙏

He needs to learn that it's not all ways the best to try those little flicks, sometimes the better option can just be a simple lay off.
He can get away with it to a certain extent in the Championship, the Premiership wouldn't be as forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom