Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worst case scenario he joins Forest! That would be painful to take, but I think he'll have better offers personally.

Why wouldn't they be? Not surprised by it at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for Ndiaye and Berge too.
Not saying I’m surprised by it at all. I’m just far from happy with it! Anyone but them or Leeds i could take.

He can do better than that IMO. Would knock me sick if it happened though.

Didn't Steve Cooper have him on loan at Swansea?

Yes and at English school boy level.

No surprise he’s in for him. He said if he was at Forest last summer he’d have tried to take him there on loan when we did.

With all the loanees that have gone back to their parent clubs, Florist have to spend at least £100m just to stand still, to get to the standard of the team that got them promoted.

Didn't Steve Cooper have him on loan at Swansea?

EPL loan to a club he has played for before and a manager he has played for before, in the Midlands and where he's almost guaranteed to start.

No brainer really.

Given the nature of his temperament and apparent character, and the sentiments he expressed in his farewell message to SUFC, I'd put my house on him telling Forest to get fucked
If it’s a choice between Forest and Southampton then it’s no choice really. Southampton well established in the prem and he stands a chance of a few England caps there.

He can do better than that IMO. Would knock me sick if it happened though.
I know it sounds bitter but there's every chance Forest go straight back down.

Reason I say this is that whilst we benefited from Gibbs-White, half Forest's outfield team we're not theirs; Spence, Lowe, Garner, Zinkenargal, Davis.

It would cost them about 60m just to reassemble the team that finished 4th, nevermind to actually improve upon it to make it PL ready.

Samba night do ok, but I feel he has a mistake in his which would be exploited by better players. He comes for a lot and doesn't always get it.

The centre halves are top half Championship. I wouldn't say any are Premier League.

Johnson might surprise a few with his pace. But then you are down to Yates, Surridge and Colback.

On paper we could put a better team together of our own players.

Southampton must be one of the favourites for relegation this season.

I'm pretty sure he stays at Wolves.

Their fans are hilarious at the moment. If we could find a way of converting naivety and arrogance into a source of energy, you could solve the global energy crisis from Nottingham right now.

Scoffing at 20 million for MGW, figuring they should be able to pick him up for 12 or thereabouts with a few addons (if that were the case, I'd genuinely suggest we go for him), some debating whether they should be handing that much cash to Wolves considering they're going to be fighting it out for similar league positions next season, some thinking they've now got 170 million to spend all in one year, others that "when the premier league comes calling" means they'll get champ players at discounted rates because all the players will be starstruck when Forest flash a bit of premier league thigh and will force through moves (one figures this is how they can get berge on the cheap).

I really really hope he doesn't go there.

Reason I say this is that whilst we benefited from Gibbs-White, half Forest's outfield team we're not theirs; Spence, Lowe, Garner, Zinkenargal, Davis.

It would cost them about 60m just to reassemble the team that finished 4th, nevermind to actually improve upon it to make it PL ready.

Samba night do ok, but I feel he has a mistake in his which would be exploited by better players. He comes for a lot and doesn't always get it.

The centre halves are top half Championship. I wouldn't say any are Premier League.

Johnson might surprise a few with his pace. But then you are down to Yates, Surridge and Colback.

Isn’t their owner a shipping magnate? I think they’ll do a Villa; spend as much as they can to stay up.

No I agree with that. They will have to completely rethink how they want to play in the prem.

Lowe, Zinkernagel and maybe Davis the only ones I can see them getting permanently. They need to invest in a lot of players this summer who then need to settle in.

Not the best environment for someone of MGW calibre.

Based on the fact he's now training with the senior England squad I do suspect he will remain at Wolves next season. Perhaps a loan to a PL club but I reckon he will stay and fight it out for a shirt.

Shows how well he performed for us though that Southgate has been impressed enough

Based on the fact he's now training with the senior England squad I do suspect he will remain at Wolves next season. Perhaps a loan to a PL club but I reckon he will stay and fight it out for a shirt.

Shows how well he performed for us though that Southgate has been impressed enough
A couple of interviews I've read seem to indicate an under current of dissatisfaction about his position at Wolves. He was called back from a loan and then not played and I think that's why he refused to go back this Xmas.

I wouldnt be surprised if he left as Wolves would probably accept 20m for him.

His big problem in the premier league is he does give the ball away a bit too much and the type of side who will want him wont be getting thay much of the ball.

Wolves have placed a £25m valuation on English midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, with the 22-year-old having been linked with Nottingham Forest and Southampton after last season's loan spell with Sheffield United. (Football Insider)

Isn’t their owner a shipping magnate? I think they’ll do a Villa; spend as much as they can to stay up.
There were allegations in Greece that he spent loads ensuring that Olympiacos was successful but not necessarily on his own team.

Villa's owners are on another level in terms of wealth. If you can believe Wikipedia at a net worth of $12.7bn they're fourth behind the countries owning Man City and Newcastle and the new consortium owning Chelsea.

You never know
We spent well over a hundred million and most of the team that got us promoted was still our best team when we were getting relegated

Madine and Clark up front ???
Would they really have been any worse than Mousett and McBurnie, especially after the first few months of our first season.

Ampadu, Lowe, Bryan, Osborne ?
Did any of them contribute anything more than a settled, confident Martin Cranie would have ?

You never know
We spent well over a hundred million and most of the team that got us promoted was still our best team when we were getting relegated

Would they really have been any worse than Mousett and McBurnie, especially after the first few months of our first season.

Did any of them contribute anything more than a settled, confident Martin Cranie would have ?
I think Cranie and Clarke has run their race despite how good they were for us up against elite athletes they would have been exposed.

Madine as an off the bench option to come on shithouse the opposition and see games out could’ve worked.

You never know

Or Stearman tbh…

Wolves have placed a £25m valuation on English midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, with the 22-year-old having been linked with Nottingham Forest and Southampton after last season's loan spell with Sheffield United. (Football Insider)
In some ways thats an upside, as if Wolves were to keep him, they might come after Berge and Ndiaye - they need to do something about last seasons 38goals in 38games- those 3 together will do something.

Bit on who they need. Pretty clear we own a far better squad, which is annoying. Even their own paper admits they are lacking everywhere. If they think Colback will be God in midfield in the Prem they are living in Dreamland.

Looks like they're set to miss out on Spence going to spurs. Probably a blessing in disguise for them though.

Last edited:

Bit on who they need. Pretty clear we own a far better squad, which is annoying. Even their own paper admits they are lacking everywhere. If they think Colback will be God in midfield in the Prem they are living in Dreamland.

Remember the doom and gloom predictions IF we got promoted. The final blow for Forest would be if someone took Johnson, maybe a Spurs or Newcastle. The bastard will go all the way.

Remember the doom and gloom predictions IF we got promoted. The final blow for Forest would be if someone took Johnson, maybe a Spurs or Newcastle. The bastard will go all the way.
Do you think so ? I've got my.doubts
The lad knows where the back of the net is to be fair but seems a bit lightweight and a gaping arsehole

Maybe I just hate the goofy twat

Back
Top Bottom