Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we go up does anyone think we would match/better the wages of those clubs who are also interested would offer MGW?

If we do find ourselves in the PL next term you'd think we ought to learn a bit of a lesson by raising our wage structure to stand a better chance of staying up and to establish this time.

If we go up does anyone think we would match/better the wages of those clubs who are also interested would offer MGW?

If we do find ourselves in the PL next term you'd think we ought to learn a bit of a lesson by raising our wage structure to stand a better chance of staying up and to establish this time.
Money will be the issue again I’m afraid. We’re borrowing against future money this season to fund running the club with the contracts we gave out last time in the prem under what was apparently a prudent wage structure. If we go up and then break that structure should we come back down it could be catastrophic

Money will be the issue again I’m afraid. We’re borrowing against future money this season to fund running the club with the contracts we gave out last time in the prem under what was apparently a prudent wage structure. If we go up and then break that structure should we come back down it could be catastrophic

This is the risk isn't it? If we stay up every year its fine and 'you have to speculate to accumulate' is true. If relegated that's when the shit hits the fan unless you can bounce straight back but even that won't be a guarantee every time.

We need a new investor or a much wealthier owner whichever league we find ourselves in.

No, but, it depends on if he wanted to be a regular first teamer (starter). He wouldn't be guaranteed that at Southampton or Palace. Maybe not Leeds either. Fulham, god knows what they'll do.

Then there's the relocation. If he signed for us or Leeds, he wouldn't really have to move house. He's from Stafford so guess he still lives nearby there ?!?

Little to disagree with there mate. Trouble is, reflecting on the second season back in the Prem when we were relegated, it exposed the paucity of our ambitions. Unable to pay the type of wage designed to attract better quality players, nothing other than silence or a few carefully chosen words that were pitiful if only they had been more honest from day one. We currently have an owner not fit to run a Prem team, so the obvious pleasure of promotion will come crashing down in a matter of months when it's clear that we're not fit for purpose. Of course, should the manager and players surprise us, and I mean for more than one season, then I'll happily apologise as we earn our place at the top table.

It would give me the greatest pleasure if we could show the type of resolve allied to ambition that seems to be the only approach if you want to become an established Prem club. Half glass full I think best captures my dedication to the Blades, and that's even when things seem at their lowest.

No, but, it depends on if he wanted to be a regular first teamer (starter). He wouldn't be guaranteed that at Southampton or Palace. Maybe not Leeds either. Fulham, god knows what they'll do.

Then there's the relocation. If he signed for us or Leeds, he wouldn't really have to move house. He's from Stafford so guess he still lives nearby there ?!?
He lives in Solihull, been commuting all season

We are borrowing agianst future money ?

What future money ?

This is the risk isn't it? If we stay up every year its fine and 'you have to speculate to accumulate' is true. If relegated that's when the shit hits the fan unless you can bounce straight back but even that won't be a guarantee every time.

We need a new investor or a much wealthier owner whichever league we find ourselves in.
More chance of outside investment in the prem but yes we need a stronger ownership structure with more financial clout than we have at present.

Little to disagree with there mate. Trouble is, reflecting on the second season back in the Prem when we were relegated, it exposed the paucity of our ambitions. Unable to pay the type of wage designed to attract better quality players, nothing other than silence or a few carefully chosen words that were pitiful if only they had been more honest from day one. We currently have an owner not fit to run a Prem team, so the obvious pleasure of promotion will come crashing down in a matter of months when it's clear that we're not fit for purpose. Of course, should the manager and players surprise us, and I mean for more than one season, then I'll happily apologise as we earn our place at the top table.

It would give me the greatest pleasure if we could show the type of resolve allied to ambition that seems to be the only approach if you want to become an established Prem club. Half glass full I think best captures my dedication to the Blades, and that's even when things seem at their lowest.
If we go up it’ll be fabulous to experience again the money will be useful to build infrastructure and keep hold of youngsters. Plus we’re a more attractive investment proposition in the prem but at present it does seem like we’d be the beggars of the division along with the likes of Burnley.

If we go up it’ll be fabulous to experience again the money will be useful to build infrastructure and keep hold of youngsters. Plus we’re a more attractive investment proposition in the prem but at present it does seem like we’d be the beggars of the division along with the likes of Burnley.
I agree, the prospect of playing against some of the best players in Europe, against teams who are savvier etc, all this and more can make you salivate if you prefer to suspend the realities that await the Blades. I'd much prefer to plan for a longer term future, but that is probably wishful thinking on my part. Who owns the club is the be all and end all of where our ambitions lie. We're currently attracting the type of matchday support that even surprises me, but no complaints of course and long may it continue. As for infrastructure, by which I assume you refer to training facilities, ground development, and whatever else gives us the air of a club moving forward, of course this is a given.

Your reference to Burnley is a good example of cutting your cloth etc. It's a minor miracle the way that club has managed to flit back and forth between relegation and promotion, which underlines the level of funding required to attract better players. None of which is a mystery, but the stark reality has to be addressed if we're serious in our desire to progress.

Wolves should keep him and get him in their side. They play off the back-foot, counter-attacking football. He's perfect for that and has bags of potential.
He's plenty good enough to make the step-up. Southampton and Palace wouldn't be a bad move for him, Fulham or Leeds I'd avoid.

mgw is class,we need to buy him because hes the best blades loan player ever and were are a much better team with him in it ,,nuff said,,,utb,,,,,

Attachments

• What Morgan Gibbs-White did to prove his commitment to the Sheffield United cause.png
    What Morgan Gibbs-White did to prove his commitment to the Sheffield United cause.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo_ Morgan Gibbs-White back with Sheffield United and in full-training (1).png
    Photo_ Morgan Gibbs-White back with Sheffield United and in full-training (1).png
    72.3 KB · Views: 2
To have even an outside chance we need to be promoted this season, if not we’ve no chance unless Wolves want to hang on to him and loan again. Even then I would have thought a lower PL loan would be more likely so again we need to get promoted

I agree, the prospect of playing against some of the best players in Europe, against teams who are savvier etc, all this and more can make you salivate if you prefer to suspend the realities that await the Blades. I'd much prefer to plan for a longer term future, but that is probably wishful thinking on my part. Who owns the club is the be all and end all of where our ambitions lie. We're currently attracting the type of matchday support that even surprises me, but no complaints of course and long may it continue. As for infrastructure, by which I assume you refer to training facilities, ground development, and whatever else gives us the air of a club moving forward, of course this is a given.

Your reference to Burnley is a good example of cutting your cloth etc. It's a minor miracle the way that club has managed to flit back and forth between relegation and promotion, which underlines the level of funding required to attract better players. None of which is a mystery, but the stark reality has to be addressed if we're serious in our desire to progress.
I agree ultimately the only constant when it comes to how a club is run is ownership as in most cases management and players have all gone within 4 years. We do need more financially powerful ownership but then so does most of the EFL if we go up and get the facilities needed to safeguard the clubs future for the coming decades I’ll be content.

Doing things the hard way and having more downs than ups is the Blades way and I’d have packed it in long ago if I didn’t have the stomach for the heartache as would we all.

So money the club has already earned
Yeah earned but not yet been paid I wasn’t making the point that we were risking the future of the club by taking out loans we either couldn’t finance or that were secured against assets just that our outgoings this year with the prudent wage policy are greater than our ability to finance them even with the support of parachute payments. That reality means I think it’s unlikely we would dispense with a conservative wage structure should we go up as it would incur more risk should we be relegated which is the most likely outcome

To have even an outside chance we need to be promoted this season, if not we’ve no chance unless Wolves want to hang on to him and loan again. Even then I would have thought a lower PL loan would be more likely so again we need to get promoted
I don't see why Wolves woild sell to any of those chumps.

Why give Palace or Southampton a leg up to try and surpass you?

Leeds could be in the Championship next season.

Fulham are a totally unpredictable club with seemingly no long term strategy and will happily replace the entire XI at the drop of a hat as shown previously.

Best for him is either he goes straight into their squad or he helps us get us, spends a second year with us and does well and then goes back to Wolves to push for a spot there.

The most i'm hoping for if we did go up is pocketing the money and basically use the year as a transition to get in the black.

Fade out the older Stalwarts (Stevens, Didzy, Bash, Sharp, Fleck), sell or loan out Mcburnie

Build a team around the core of Berge, Ndiaye, Brewster, RND, Lowe, Bogle and Jebbison

We then invest in a new crop of reasonably-priced championship/L1 talent with a £25m spend altogether, £10m on 2x CBs (Goode + another?) £10m on 2x centre mids, £5m on 2x PL loans (MGW and a striker)

The most i'm hoping for if we did go up is pocketing the money and basically use the year as a transition to get in the black.

Fade out the older Stalwarts (Stevens, Didzy, Bash, Sharp, Fleck), sell or loan out Mcburnie

Build a team around the core of Berge, Ndiaye, Brewster, RND, Lowe, Bogle and Jebbison

We then invest in a new crop of reasonably-priced championship/L1 talent with a £25m spend altogether, £10m on 2x CBs (Goode + another?) £10m on 2x centre mids, £5m on 2x PL loans (MGW and a striker)
1. Training ground roof 🤣
2. Training ground
3. Academy
4. Anyone Wolves don't want!

Assuming we go up, if we don`t spend too much on incoming players, and get money for outgoing players, then we could possibly offer him a competitive wage.
However, I could see him wanting to be at a side with realistic chances of European qualification, if Wolves decide to cash in.

Assuming we go up, if we don`t spend too much on incoming players, and get money for outgoing players, then we could possibly offer him a competitive wage.
However, I could see him wanting to be at a side with realistic chances of European qualification, if Wolves decide to cash in.

What would you see as a competitive wage SSM? The fee Wolves will demand plus his salary over ~4 years will make him an expensive deal to do and one only Prem clubs are likely to be able to afford.

Personally, I don't think Wolves will be in any rush to sell him. He may struggle to force his way into their rapidly improving side but I would imagine they'll at least take a good look at him before deciding (a) whether he'll be part of their 25 man squad next season and if not (b) what to do with him i.e. loan / sale.

Best case scenario for us is promotion (obviously!) and agreeing another season long loan with Wolves. That would suit all parties. I don't think Wolves will give MGW the minutes he wants, and think they would be more than happy to step him up to the Premier League on loan having seen that he is without doubt ready for that. More time in the Championship is pointless for him beyond this season.

Best case scenario for us is promotion (obviously!) and agreeing another season long loan with Wolves. That would suit all parties. I don't think Wolves will give MGW the minutes he wants, and think they would be more than happy to step him up to the Premier League on loan having seen that he is without doubt ready for that. More time in the Championship is pointless for him beyond this season.

Being realistic I'd still be happy loaning him for a second season just like we did with Hendo last time around. Going into the PL with at least some quality in the team (granted he's not proven at PL but his obvious talent means he's got the potential at least).

What would you see as a competitive wage SSM? The fee Wolves will demand plus his salary over ~4 years will make him an expensive deal to do and one only Prem clubs are likely to be able to afford.

Personally, I don't think Wolves will be in any rush to sell him. He may struggle to force his way into their rapidly improving side but I would imagine they'll at least take a good look at him before deciding (a) whether he'll be part of their 25 man squad next season and if not (b) what to do with him i.e. loan / sale.
I did say " assuming we go up ". A competitive wage would probably be similar to what clubs outside the present top ten might offer, but what that might be is anyone`s guess. Obviously we couldn`t compete with the genuine big Prem clubs.
I agree that, owing to his performances for us, it is highly likely Wolves will keep him. If not, you never know; he seems to really like being with the Blades.

Fantastic player for us, but realistically Wolves must be noting that he's missing good chances and squandering possession a lot. It wouldn't fly in the Premier League, he'd be back on the bench or back out on loan.

So what I'm saying is... Sell him to us.

Back
Top Bottom