Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are a different team with MGW in it ,he is the missing link this team as been lacking in the past couple of years. He makes our strikers job so much easier ,even McBurnie might find he can score the odd goal now and again playing with this guy. If only we could afford him what a difference he makes. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A FEW BOB TO SPARE. If the prince sells the first thing to do for the new owners is to get him on the pay roll, no doubt we will have other clubs wanting to buy him to but for once lets pay the going rate for once in wages . It's the only way to add class to the team . Of course a lot depends on the out come of the play offs but lets just dream for a change.

We are a different team with MGW in it ,he is the missing link this team as been lacking in the past couple of years. He makes our strikers job so much easier ,even McBurnie might find he can score the odd goal now and again playing with this guy. If only we could afford him what a difference he makes. ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A FEW BOB TO SPARE. If the prince sells the first thing to do for the new owners is to get him on the pay roll, no doubt we will have other clubs wanting to buy him to but for once lets pay the going rate for once in wages . It's the only way to add class to the team . Of course a lot depends on the out come of the play offs but lets just dream for a change.

I think you're doing us too much of a service. MGW is a one man wrecking machine. He'd have transformed any of the top 10 teams in the division singlehandedly.

Essentially, he'd be the missing link in any side. He's just a top class player who shouldn't be playing at this level next season. Needs a Prem move, but preferably not to one that are going backwards every week. Brighton, Southampton, Palace etc. should be where he aims for. Not a promoted side.

I’m quite tired of good players that have slipped through our fingers returning to a great reception at the lane. If we do go up, for once let’s pay the wages to lure Gibbs White to the club. I would rather pay Gibbs White big wages than McBurnie, Brewster, Luke Freeman and Oli Burke combined.

the best sufc slav blades loan signing was deffo great wolves player mgw because he lit the lane up with his big smile and hes been class,we will miss him when he goes back to wolves because we are a better quality team with mgw in it,so lets buy him please ...utb....

Attachments

• Sheffield United_ How Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye deal with pressure of leading promo...png
    Sheffield United_ How Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye deal with pressure of leading promo...png
    550.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Billy Sharp delivers 'sensational' verdict on Sheffield United strike pair eyeing play-off glo...png
    Billy Sharp delivers 'sensational' verdict on Sheffield United strike pair eyeing play-off glo...png
    546.1 KB · Views: 9
  • The Bladesman (@The_Bladesman) _ Twitter (7).png
    The Bladesman (@The_Bladesman) _ Twitter (7).png
    414.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Sheffield United_ How Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye deal with pressure of leading promo...png
    Sheffield United_ How Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye deal with pressure of leading promo...png
    550.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Two awards for Wolves loanee Morgan Gibbs-White in Sheffield United player of the year ceremon...png
    Two awards for Wolves loanee Morgan Gibbs-White in Sheffield United player of the year ceremon...png
    506.8 KB · Views: 4
I’m quite tired of good players that have slipped through our fingers returning to a great reception at the lane. If we do go up, for once let’s pay the wages to lure Gibbs White to the club. I would rather pay Gibbs White big wages than McBurnie, Brewster, Luke Freeman and Oli Burke combined.
It's not as easy as just deciding we want him. If only!

We have to be the most attractive option in a footballing sense, career sense and possibly financial sense. Also Wolves will quite likely just keep him for themselves!

It's not as easy as just deciding we want him. If only!

We have to be the most attractive option in a footballing sense, career sense and possibly financial sense. Also Wolves will quite likely just keep him for themselves!

MGW is destined for bigger and better things than us. He oozes PL quality and should be featuring in that Wolves team.

MGW is destined for bigger and better things than us. He oozes PL quality and should be featuring in that Wolves team.
I agree, of course. Though to be brutally honest, he'll have to be a bit more efficient to cement a place in a top half Prem side.

I love the tricks and imagination etc, but it's dangerous to turn the ball over cheaply in the top flight.

IF we miraculously won the playoffs, I do think we have half a chance of tempting him to join us - because he'd know he'll play every game and be the star player. We'd certainly have to splash the TV money on a large transfer fee and make him highest paid player. All theoretical though (COYB).

Needs a Prem move, but preferably not to one that are going backwards every week. Brighton, Southampton, Palace etc. should be where he aims for. Not a promoted side.
Agreed. Add Everton (if they stay up), Newcastle, Villa and Leicester to that too.

Brighton are guaranteed their highest ever finish in the top tier
Palace have kicked on under Vieira

Be nice to keep MGW, he is class as we all know. Even if we get up into the Prem we have an almighty job on keeping him here. Besides Wolves maybe keeping him and other clubs that have the financial clout to blow us out of the water, I would assume MGW would want to see significant investment in the team to even consider coming here and let's be honest, we can't afford that, even if we go up. He is a breath of fresh air out on the pitch, plays the game the way most of want to see it played and that's why when it doesn't quite come off, we forgive him. And I take the point that losing possession in the Prem is very dangerous, it is, but having a player with his mentality and creativity makes watching the Blades worthwhile. Let's hope he leads us to the promised land and we have a little squeak at keeping him ..... maybe.

Some players and clubs just fit. Billy, Chris Morgan, Alan Woodward, Balham et al

Ive said before he’s a King amongst men here, he knows it, we know it. We and he just have to have the ambishun between now and end of May.

Dint Wolves want McBambie?

It’s undeniable he’s a fit here he’s taken to the club and we’ve taken to him but we’ve heard similar before from other players ultimate his leverage over his own future is dictated by the remaining length of his contract. He might be able to force another loan if he makes it clear to Wolves he would be unhappy with anything left than a guaranteed starting role which he’s unlikely to get there but it would be a stretch for him to force a sale if there’s any significant amount of time left on his deal.

I'd hazard a guess that he'll be on loan at a bottom half PL club - the 3 promoted teams will be well aware of his talent, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he ends up. Fingers crossed of course, we'll be one of them! :D

Would you swap him for Berge? If we don't go up through the play offs. That's the only slim chance we have of signing him permanently.

Would you swap him for Berge? If we don't go up through the play offs. That's the only slim chance we have of signing him permanently.

Probably not, I think Berge is a player we can’t replace as easily, MGW meanwhile has Illy waiting in the shadows to replace him, especially if we can get in a proper goal scorer to play up top

2022 Berge has been different gravy

I'd hazard a guess that he'll be on loan at a bottom half PL club - the 3 promoted teams will be well aware of his talent, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he ends up. Fingers crossed of course, we'll be one of them! :D
You’d imagine after the game last week he’d be pretty high on Fulham’s list of targets for the summer. If we go up he should obviously be the top of ours.

the best thing he did was a special pairing that ex blades boss slav 1st put together is the key to winning the play offs ....utb...
the best thing since sliced bread is mgw and its the best sufc slav blades loan signing was deffo great wolves player mgw because he lit the lane up with his big smile and hes been class,we will miss him when he goes back to wolves because we are a better quality team with mgw in it,so lets buy him please .lets chip in and buy him,,hes special dont let another club buy him,we can see he loves the blades,i hope he returns has our player and fire us up the top league,,WE ARE a much BETTER sufc team WITH good player top lad MGW in THAN N0T,he brings positivity to the blades he brings smiles ,hes class ,,,,,nuff said ...utb....

𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘 ⚔️ (@ndiaye_szn) _ Twitter (1).png

Attachments

• Sheffield United_ The secret ingredient in Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye partnership is...png
    Sheffield United_ The secret ingredient in Morgan Gibbs-White and Iliman Ndiaye partnership is...png
    607.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Billy Sharp delivers 'sensational' verdict on Sheffield United strike pair eyeing play-off glo...png
    Billy Sharp delivers 'sensational' verdict on Sheffield United strike pair eyeing play-off glo...png
    546.1 KB · Views: 2
His quotes are neither here nor there really. Obviously it’s nice to hear them, but they don’t really mean ote.

What else is he gonna say? On the eve of the playoffs.

Best we can hope for is that we get him on a loan for about 3 million if we go up, and have a clause saying we sign him for 25 if we stay up.

More likely is that he goes to palace or Brighton.

For what it’s worth I think he would be a great fit at Athletico Madrid. He’s tenacious enough, and he’s got the quality to play over there.

There's no way we're buying him, unless we go up, and then that's only if Wolves need the cash. I suspect, if we did go up, we might get a year's loan.

The lad's worth £25m+.

It would be foolish to go anywhere near it if we're not promoted. Aside from that, we don't have a pot to piss in. So it's nonsense.

if we fail to get promoted then he will 100% not be here. A Premier League team will have him or Wolves might actually play him from time to time. IF we manage to get promoted though, let’s go all out to sign him, big wages or not. A player with as much talent as he clearly has, young as he is with as much potential as he has can only be an investment.

Agree - we need to go up to have any chance of signing him. If we do go up, he should be the first person we sign.

Interesting to see Hecky’s comments about wanting signings in early. Refreshing after the last few windows of us fucking about. Hopefully the club, for once, announce any pre season plans ASAP so people can actually plan to go (if abroad), rather than having to sort everything out in 5 days.

I really can’t imagine many premier league clubs trying to buy MGW, can only see him at Wolves or another loan to us/permanent buy if we go up
I can only think of one of the promoted sides but I don’t think he’s got a career at Wolves. Same as Henderson really. I just can’t see how we could afford him on a perm, even if I think he is really happy with where he is and he’s enjoying his game. I just hope he doesn’t do what Hendo did and keep signing new longer term deals prior to any subsequent loans if he wants to hold any control of his career. Unless Wolves have had their funding pulled it’s highly unlikely there’s a way in him and he’s only got 2 years left at the end of this season on his new deal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom