More borrowing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Borrowing millions at 7% isn't something you do unless you really need to. Unless this is just setting up the facility to borrow rather than actually getting the cash in the bank 🤷‍♂️

Makes you realise we must be paying remarkable wages to the players.
A huge increase in revenue, sold our best players, and still can't pay our way.
Once Anel's gone that's pretty much it in terms of saleable assets - mismanagement on a massive scale.

Once Anel's gone that's pretty much it in terms of saleable assets - mismanagement on a massive scale.

What you might describe as remarkable would be described as the average PL player as piss poor

Borrowing millions at 7% isn't something you do unless you really need to. Unless this is just setting up the facility to borrow rather than actually getting the cash in the bank 🤷‍♂️
7% would be good, according to Maguire it's 8.5%-9.5% as a rule and one chubb is paying 14%. Given interest rates are at a generational high I suspect we will be paying more than 7%.

7% would be good, according to Maguire it's 8.5%-9.5% as a rule and one chubb is paying 14%. Given interest rates are at a generational high I suspect we will be paying more than 7%.
The last time I had a look at it (probably a fair while ago) it was 7%. You'll be 100% right that it's higher now given the increase in interest rates globally

What about how the club is run leads you to think he knows what he's doing?
Yeah, I think he's a smart business man, people who get wealthy, and he is, anybody who's net worth is circa 150 million is wealthy,
The key question is he doing right by the club, I think he is , compare that to what Ashley did at Newcastle and other owners are currently doing at other clubs, If you do the research you might realise we could have an owner that is a lot worse.

I love all these negative comments on how the club is run - how many on here have run a multi million pound business ?
Trust the process, all will be fine.

Yeah, I think he's a smart business man, people who get wealthy, and he is, anybody who's net worth is circa 150 million is wealthy,
The key question is he doing right by the club, I think he is , compare that to what Ashley did at Newcastle and other owners are currently doing at other clubs, If you do the research you might realise we could have an owner that is a lot worse.
I thought we were in an absolute shitshow on and off the pitch but some other clubs have had a worse shitshow than our shitshow which means we aren't really in a proper shitshow.

He's Saudi royal family. He didn't generate his own funding to pull his business (that he no longer owns) up from nowhere.

So he's doing well because other people are worse? That's "your research"? There are no lower standards in any form of business than "well, look over there, it could be worse".

Parachute payments are in place to protect the clubs from having to pay inflated premiership wages whilst in the championship.
we have relegation clauses built in and have at the moment a minimal number of contracted players to carry forward to next year
And if we go down don’t we have a further 20 million to come back from Villa from Archer

I love all these negative comments on how the club is run - how many on here have run a multi million pound business ?
I haven't played football as a professional either but I can generally tell who the better players are.

And if we go down don’t we have a further 20 million to come back from Villa from Archer
We aren't getting any money for Archer. We lent them our FFP space for a season. The most we'll get back is whatever we've paid out in a fee in Y1 (that won't be known until the accounts come in). That won't be profit and it will have already been accounted for in next seasons budget

Admin in a year or two then… lovely
I don't think we'll go into Administration. The budget will be reduced to less than the outgoings. The problem becomes that the budget becomes more difficult to manage while remaining competitive in the Championship

Ah, the old favourite "Stop having opinions, you've never run a multi million pound business". Our owner was given a bogroll business which he no longer owns and he's done a questionable job of running a football club. Apart from not being a member of the Saudi royal family, I imagine almost anyone on here who's got any sort of commercial experience could do what he's done.

We aren't getting any money for Archer. We lent them our FFP space for a season. The most we'll get back is whatever we've paid out in a fee in Y1 (that won't be known until the accounts come in). That won't be profit and it will have already been accounted for in next seasons budget
Contradicting yourself within 3 sentences. Impressive, even for you.

Ah, the old favourite "Stop having opinions, you've never run a multi million pound business". Our owner was given a bogroll business which he no longer owns and he's done a questionable job of running a football club. Apart from not being a member of the Saudi royal family, I imagine almost anyone on here who's got any sort of commercial experience could do what he's done.

Some irony there :)

The reality isn’t about having an opinion rather don’t talk bollocks.

Given the funds available over the last five years, other than sign better players, what would you have done differently.

Hi PA, are we going to sign any other players this transfer or are we that fucked? P.s
your summer strategy was absolutely woeful.

Contradicting yourself within 3 sentences. Impressive, even for you.
Ok, we aren't getting any additional money for Archer

Do I know you? Because as far as I can remember I don't. So maybe keep the personal digs to yourself?

Back
Top Bottom