Moose

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

End of the day we're winning the league.

McGoldrick
Sharp
Mousset
McBurnie
Brewster
Burke
Jebbison
Smith
Far too many for this level. Need to ship 2-3 out whether permanently or on loan. Smith, Moose and Mousset would look most likely.

You don’t like moose do you, how many times can you get rid of the same player

not once at the moment!

Liking or not liking is secondary to the fact he's a liability at the moment.

Putting his off-pitch antics, injury problems and lack of teamwork/effort aside, football is a game of 90+ minutes. If you can't play for a full game then you're a liability. That's his job and he can't do it. There's one year left on his contract. He doesn't seem happy in England. I believe he has a young family in France. Makes sense on all sides for him to go back to France. Plus, there are more places where he can speed around is a ridiculous car.

Much to some’s dismay no doubt, very much still part of the group and apparently on fire so far in training.

Has the penny finally dropped?
Thinks he’s the sort to start well and let it slip pretty quick, proven on more than one occasion he’s not got staying power / professional commitment over a long season IMO

I'm sure I read somewhere that Moooose had reported back for pre-season in top shape. That's not what it looked like at last night's game - he didn't look in shape at all to me! And when he jogged back to his own half after his goal he looked proper fooked! No-one was in a rush to congratulate him either, unlike with Egan after his goal.

We have too many strikers and with his contract up in summer better to try and move him on for a couple of million than hope for a miracle. It would probably benefit everyone if we could sell him to a French club.
Can only see him going on a free .... who honestly would get conned (like us) into parting with cash?

At the moment his value is low, especially with the whole Lamborghini smash and run incident. An above 80% fit Mousset in the championship will be a scary prospect for most defenders, may be worth a shot, one of the few players with enough individual skill and athleticism to create his own shots

Do we think that it may be a good plan for ALL Blades supporters to do what Slav is doing ...... that is to give "clean slate status" to ALL of our players this season. :rolleyes:

Just a thought but lets get behind the team unanimously, not grouse and groan at the first mistake and lets be the 13th man again just as Sir Chris used to refer to us ;)

We all want the same thing ...... for the Blades to play attacking, exciting football and preferably be up in the top two of the Division, but the players NEED our support and that will be good for us all.

UTB & FTP

We were terrible all over the pitch last season our big money players didn’t perform and our star midfielder got injured next season is a different one and in a ‘lesser’ league where football for us should be more attacking we certainly have enough forwards to score goals we also need recruits for midfield but the future looks positive in my eyes.

Best thing Jebbison and Smith could do is go onloan. We’re highly unlikely to use them as starters and they need games to develop. League one would sound about right for the pair.
Sadly I think you might be right, but I hope you're wrong!

if we can spend £23m on someone with a 50% goals/games ratio in the division below and give him a chance in the division above, I'd really like to hope we can do the same with one of our own (for nowt!)

Sadly I think you might be right, but I hope you're wrong!

if we can spend £23m on someone with a 50% goals/games ratio in the division below and give him a chance in the division above, I'd really like to hope we can do the same with one of our own (for nowt!)
Which one are you thinking is ready for starting spot in a promotion chasing team?
I don’t think either are there yet, one did ok in league one but didn’t rip it up.
Like it or not Brewster is here and he’s certainly a level above both of them in terms of experience and ability so for me he starts ahead of them.

Just watched the highlights of the Europa game and Mouse wasnt too bad he scored 1 on 1 with the keeper but then turns round looks knackered.

Just watched the highlights of the Europa game and Mouse wasnt too bad he scored 1 on 1 with the keeper but then turns round looks knackered.

I'd like to think it was temporary knackered-ness as a result of the sprint to get through? Then walking back to Halfway to recoup some energy. Most sprinters look knackered after their race, but are fine a few minutes later.

Reactions: Dkc
I'd like to think it was temporary knackered-ness as a result of the sprint to get through?

So did I but then compare to No.32 at the end of the video and he didnt look half as knackered as Moose.
Dont get me wrong nice to see Moose score lets hope it carries on.

Which one are you thinking is ready for starting spot in a promotion chasing team?
I don’t think either are there yet, one did ok in league one but didn’t rip it up.
Like it or not Brewster is here and he’s certainly a level above both of them in terms of experience and ability so for me he starts ahead of them.
I didn't say either were necessarily ready for a starting spot, I said I hoped they were given a chance instead of being loaned out. If we're going to win it this year then we're going to need as much strength in depth as we can lay our hands on!

For me, Tyler is well worth a shot. I'm still a 'Brewster backer' and think he'll do well, but that's not to say we should be shipping all of our supporting strikers out on loan, particularly as so many are clamouring for Mousset and Burke to be sold for a chomp and a flipflop

I didn't say either were necessarily ready for a starting spot, I said I hoped they were given a chance instead of being loaned out. If we're going to win it this year then we're going to need as much strength in depth as we can lay our hands on!

For me, Tyler is well worth a shot. I'm still a 'Brewster backer' and think he'll do well, but that's not to say we should be shipping all of our supporting strikers out on loan, particularly as so many are clamouring for Mousset and Burke to be sold for a chomp and a flipflop
If we’re going to play a 3 under Slav and it seems we are then it puts more options on the table. This is how I see it.

Central striking options
Mousset
Sharp
Mcburnie
Jebbison

Supporting forwards in a narrow 3 (like against point)
Didzy
Brewster
Smith
Freeman
Ndiaye
Mcburnie

Wide forwards in a more conventional wide 3

Burke
Ndiaye
Bogle (speculative would require a position change but played there as a kid)
Seriki (speculative would require a position change but played there as a kid)
Mcburnie
That means for me we’re probably one too heavy in terms of central options and narrow supporting options but at least one light in terms of wingers. Imo unless there’s sales in those areas then it’ll likely be the kids who miss out and go on loan to find game time providing we don’t see ridiculous unstoppable performances in pre season.

It does look like he is having a good look at the kids to see who can step up to the first team and possible command a place if the first pre-season match is anything to go by.

Jebbison has just turned 18. I don't expect him to feature too much when we have too championship options sitting on the bench

Moose has the potential to be a top striker. Will he produce the goods ? I`m not holding my breath.

As for Burke, I would imagine Brian Clough would have said, " Stay on the wing, run fast, take the ball with you, then get it into the middle for someone who can play ".

I think they’ll develop more getting serious game time. While they could learn so much from working with Billy and Dids everyday they are going to keep them out the squad most weeks so I think a year away for them would really help.

The trouble with Moose is he hasn't grown up yet he's more interested in having a laugh, pigging out on take away's, and racing around in fast cars than being a professional footballer. Does he still think he is or identifies as a pirate? I mean come on fella you're not a silly schoolboy any more.

The trouble with Moose is he hasn't grown up yet he's more interested in having a laugh, pigging out on take away's, and racing around in fast cars than being a professional footballer. Does he still think he is or identifies as a pirate? I mean come on fella you're not a silly schoolboy any more.
Oh yes he is, you just wait till he gets his car back........:tumbleweed:

Maybe people reference last season and players' performances on games they appeared in.

I'd like you to illustrate carefully where Lys Mousset contributed in any positive way to our output over and above say, David McGoldrick who despite his gathering years, spells out more 'elite level athlete'.

This isn't 'lazy, ignorant assessments'. Had Mousset sorted his shit out last season and focussed on what we expect of him on the green stuff, there would be no doubt about his enduring appearance in red and white. There are countless other 'elite level athletes' in our squad also who stayed fit, kept in shape and didn't burst about dangerously in vehicles they haven't the IQ to drive. Here - I'll give you one from my 'pommpey don't rate him' list, one Oliver Norwood. As said, despite some disappointing output last season and some dog's abuse, Norwood managed to stay professional, dignified, focussed, fit and ready every week to put in a shift, much to his credit and I don't doubt this season, he's ready to prove dickheads like me wrong.

Do you think Mousset will do the same or are you just 'hoping' he will?

pommpey
Good post. Prefer you in this mode rather than confrontational

With moose it is hope. It's likely Norwood and others will do ok 1 division down

I'm wondering if we could perhaps tempt Beerschot into a swap, Moose for Coulibaly......?.... 🙄

Why would Utd need to tempt Beerschot with anything when both players belong to Utd? Coulibaly is most likely to stay at Beerschot for another season to aid his development - he's obviously not thought to be ready to play regularly in the Champ yet.

Mousset's wages would be way beyond what Beerschot could afford and would have to be heavily subsidised if he went there. I suspect he'll be given a(nother) chance at Utd this season - perhaps something he wouldn't have been afforded had CW still been boss.

Back
Top Bottom