Moose

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stand out performances from every player except Oli then was it? No? Didn’t think so.
Stand outs last season Didsy, Rammy, Egan and Bash no fault whatsoever to these guys for the drop, most of the rest average at best, then right at the bottom that you could say their form was so atrocious that it contributed to our fall Lunny Fleck Norwood, then right at the bottom where you would say totally useless Mousse and McBurnie both equally as shit in the Premier as it gets.

Great point💯

I got the feeling CW run it like a pub team for his mates, got mardy when told to bring new lads in, stuck with his muckers (lunny & fleck, possMcB)

Must have been comforting to know no matter how shit you played you were starting next week - like when the pub team only has 11 registered players - turn up, puke up, fuck up and see ya next week mi owd pal

Needs a ruthless cunt in there, not top lad who always gets first round in back at boozer
To be fair, that pub team gave us an amazing four years and many of my favourite memories from 30+ years of watching United. We’ve got to be careful with retrospectively finding fault with the last five years.

Stand outs last season Didsy, Rammy, Egan and Bash no fault whatsoever to these guys for the drop, most of the rest average at best, then right at the bottom that you could say their form was so atrocious that it contributed to our fall Lunny Fleck Norwood, then right at the bottom where you would say totally useless Mousse and McBurnie both equally as shit in the Premier as it gets.
Ah yes “shit” both McBurnie and Moose. You must be the most fickle fan there is, bet you were singing their names when they were the joint top scorers the prior season. Short term memory loss is it? Give it a rest and back them, as they’re 2 of the best strikers in this league this season.

We've never seen him in the Championship and he really struggled to get back into it psyscologically after his bout of depression or whatever it was, hardly surprising for me considering the position we were in as a team anyway.

I'm all for giving people a chance and if he can turn it on in the champ he could be scary for defences to deal with.

I get he's been troublesome at best, but some of the criticism he gets isn't really helpful or fair

Thank goodness our manager is for giving everyone a clean slate.

Some of you lot would have these players hanging from the rafters before they got on the plane back from Spain no matter how much they try and turn last season around.

Disgusting

Got the raw materials to be a good Premier League striker. If he gets any near his best next year, he’ll score 30 goals this season. “If” doing a lot of work admittedly.
If doing a lot of work for many players, we’ve seen McBurnie and Brewster, Bogle and Lowe in the championship before but not for us. So we aren’t sure on a few under our regime but I trust them and the staff enough to back them for now

Well if it’s all looking positive, maybe he’ll even complete 90 minutes for the first time in his tenure?

Moose has always had the physical raw materials to be a great footballer, what he lacks is the dedication and drive to apply those natural attributes. I hope I’m wrong but I’d be surprised if the arrival of a new manager will change the lack of professionalism that we’ve seen from him for the last two years.

Well if it’s all looking positive, maybe he’ll even complete 90 minutes for the first time in his tenure?

Moose has always had the physical raw materials to be a great footballer, what he lacks is the dedication and drive to apply those natural attributes. I hope I’m wrong but I’d be surprised if the arrival of a new manager will change the lack of professionalism that we’ve seen from him for the last two years.

I hope it's enough. Something certainly needs to buck him up.

To be fair, that pub team gave us an amazing four years and many of my favourite memories from 30+ years of watching United. We’ve got to be careful with retrospectively finding fault with the last five years.

Fair point - For balance, I was referring specifically to the last 9 months of his tenure

Can’t take away the amazing stuff he did before hand of course

Maybe our status and position outgrew the mindset of Chris, all prem teams have DoF, transfer boards etc

IMO that’s when he lost the plot a bit and it became him vs the owner, which was only going to end one way….

They literally contributed quite heavily to us staying in the PL the season before?

Living up to your name

I'd love moose to rip the championship up next season but I can't see him.signing a new contract whether he plays well or not

But but but I thought moose was just a fat lazy waste of space who only cares about driving orange lambos reyt fast

Bloke will rip the championship up if he stays fit

But but but I thought moose was just a fat lazy waste of space who only cares about driving orange lambos reyt fast

There’s more evidence to the first bit than the second…

It’s up to him to prove us wrong. It’s not just fitness.

You'd better hope he does.

Given last season's output, it isn't a great marker.

And the evidence he will 'rip the championship up' has no precedence. Six goals a season ago and in that, only fleeting glimpses of capability doesn't make him a feared asset. When he managed a few minutes (289) for us last season, he looked bereft of tactical nous and positional savvy. I think he had just one snapshot attempt on target all season, the rest of the time largely absent from the choices to get the ball to. Compare if you will one David McGoldrick, several years his senior and supposedly yards slower, yet Player of the Season for many

Be nice if suddenly we have a striker, but even if he gives us the required turnover, I'm not convinced he'd be good for another PL campaign.

pommpey

Reactions: Dkc
I suppose the argument is how many chances does he get? But I suppose this last 18 months have been truly ridiculous and yes there was family tragedy’s and he couldn’t go to France etc.
I look back on games like Everton away and Burnley at home and I just cannot bring myself to get rid. There’s a player in there, we just need to get it out of him before the patience wears too thin
Pretty much it yeah. I would imagine a lot of teams are going through this with players.

Let Slav work on him if we see no improvement by Jan then he's had his time.

Isn't Moose going into the last year of his contract? He needs to show something this season (lasting 90mins would be a start) otherwise he will be tumbling down the divisions and league two wages will not cover a Bentley or a Lamborghini's running costs. A defining season for the lad me thinks. He needs to knuckle down and grow up fast.

McBurnie got 22 the season we signed him, Mousset is something the championship doesn’t see very often, very similar to Dike at Barnsley second half of the season and he managed to make his mark. I’d just admit you don’t understand football rather than posting gifs.
Mcburnie will do ok next season as he'll be playing at his level. That's not a dig at him, he just wasn't good enough to make the step up. Mousset's a wage thief remembered for bossing an aged Phil Jones around and a goal at Everton that was more about the pass to him than the finish. I'm happy with my understanding of football but thanks for your concern. The gif was aimed at your assertion that they'll be the 2 best strikers in the championship next season. My understanding of football says they won't.

Isn't Moose going into the last year of his contract? He needs to show something this season (lasting 90mins would be a start) otherwise he will be tumbling down the divisions and league two wages will not cover a Bentley or a Lamborghini's running costs. A defining season for the lad me thinks. He needs to knuckle down and grow up fast.
If he doasnt realise that ! then he is thick and will certainly tumble down the divisions and end up back in France.
My thoughts are he will do well if he gets his fitness upto the required level. If not SJ will not tolerate a slacker I'm sure! It's up to Moose where he goes from here.

Mcburnie will do ok next season as he'll be playing at his level. That's not a dig at him, he just wasn't good enough to make the step up. Mousset's a wage thief remembered for bossing an aged Phil Jones around and a goal at Everton that was more about the pass to him than the finish. I'm happy with my understanding of football but thanks for your concern. The gif was aimed at your assertion that they'll be the 2 best strikers in the championship next season. My understanding of football says they won't.
You'd be better off sticking to the gifs no one gets

I'd be happy to give moose another chance, there is a decent footballer in there if he can stay away from all the distractions/fast food outlets/ flash car dealerships. However Olly Burke, just isn't a footballer, he'd be better suited being loaned out to British Olympic team in a discipline that allows him to run ridiculously fast and not think about anything else...sprinter possibly, long jumper, even one of the runners in the bobsleigh team as long as they don't let him have the responsibility of breaking or steering.

I'd be happy to give moose another chance, there is a decent footballer in there if he can stay away from all the distractions/fast food outlets/ flash car dealerships. However Olly Burke, just isn't a footballer, he'd be better suited being loaned out to British Olympic team in a discipline that allows him to run ridiculously fast and not think about anything else...sprinter possibly, long jumper, even one of the runners in the bobsleigh team as long as they don't let him have the responsibility of breaking or steering.
Numerous posts on here saying oli Burke isn't a footballer

His transfer fees so far have been 13 million 15 million and 5 million so in signing on fees alone has made 3.3 million minimum in his professional football career

He is a footballer

Think his downward spiral started when he saw the traffic cone atop his ( then pristine) orange Lambo.

Back
Top Bottom