Monty to Leeds??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

monty cant be as bad as everyone makes him out to be. he has been a regular in the team for years now and we havent done too bad. im guessing here but im sure he was one of the most played players the year we went up and the year we were in the premierleague. so he cant be that bad of a player to be in a promotion winning team

We never bothered to look for anyone better.

Ideally I hope that a fully fit Harper and Willo partnership will soon replace the inconsistant pairing of Quinn and Monty.

We never bothered to look for anyone better.

This has always been my argument. You can't fault Monty for his effort and there's no doubt he brings certain qualities to the team and the team need those qualities, particularly the way Blackwell wants us to play. However, there are other players out there who could play the same role and dare I say, better.

This has always been my argument. You can't fault Monty for his effort and there's no doubt he brings certain qualities to the team and the team need those qualities, particularly the way Blackwell wants us to play. However, there are other players out there who could play the same role and dare I say, better.

But the problem is finding these players. I really don't think it's as easy as you make out. The player who may be better might not want to come.

A settled midfield pairing of Harper & Williamson will for me be the best going forward, Blackwells problem is that he feels he has to accomodate Monty because of his, (extremely limited) "qualities". If Monty is out of the picture it's no longer a problem!

And the sooner he realises that Quinny's best position is on the bench the nearer we will be to having a good midfield.

A settled midfield pairing of Harper & Williamson will for me be the best going forward.

I'd go with that myself, if they could both get into some form/consistancy.

The problem is, so far, it tends to leave us with a midfield people walk through as people leave their man, or decide to stand watching.

Until Harper can look like the player he used to be, it's a first choice of Willo and Monty for me.

Harper, so far has done bugger all. He just stands around pointing with his socks rolled down. Can't run much either. Brian Howard???

Harper, so far has done bugger all. He just stands around pointing with his socks rolled down. Can't run much either. Brian Howard???

they were both better than monty - it cant be a coincidence that blackwell signs two rated CM at this level and they both turn out to be below expectations

harper has dodgy knee's, thats the reason reading got rid of him, how long is he going to last if we sign him permanently? is signing harper dead money? is he a match winner all on his own and therefore is worth taking the risk?

they were both better than monty - it cant be a coincidence that blackwell signs two rated CM at this level and they both turn out to be below expectations

When were they better than Monty? In the past? While they were here neither shows/showed that they are better than Monty.

I'd accept a Harper/Willo partnership if they could work well together but I can't see it happening. So it'd have to be a Monty/Willo partnership letting Willo do all the attacking.

When were they better than Monty? In the past? While they were here neither shows/showed that they are better than Monty.

I'd accept a Harper/Willo partnership if they could work well together but I can't see it happening. So it'd have to be a Monty/Willo partnership letting Willo do all the attacking.
You missed the game against Palace then? The only one they've started together I believe?

Foxy, a midfield of Monty and Quinn is the one that gets 'walked through'. A pair of shadow chasers if ever I saw one.

You missed the game against Palace then? The only one they've started together I believe?

Foxy, a midfield of Monty and Quinn is the one that gets 'walked through'. A pair of shadow chasers if ever I saw one.

Yes I did see it and after the game I said those too should start the next game. But Willo got injured. Since then Harper hasn't done much more.

89.81% of fans who voted would keep Monty at the lane. You and the 15 people you paid to vote against him are proper Know nowts :thumbup: :D

http://www.sheff-utd.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16515

How do you know how I voted? Have you no respect for the secrecy of the electronic ballot box?:eek:

How many times did 'Admin' vote?

I have always taken great delight in being part of a minority which is ultimate proved right.

I bet your 89% voted for Thatcher :kissass: as well, although I do concede that she was a better player than Monty.

You only organised that ballot for my benefit didn't you?:D

How many times did 'Admin' vote?

I can't speak for Linz, but since you asked, I haven't actually voted.

PS - Do the current premiership clubs linked with Nick count as premiership? or am I due another pisstake/condesending comment my way?

I can't speak for Linz, but since you asked, I haven't actually voted.

PS - Do the current premiership clubs linked with Nick count as premiership? or am I due another pisstake/condesending comment my way?
Surely you know by now not to believe everything you read in the papers?

I do hope, for all our sakes, that the 'rumours' are correct and come to fruition. It would be a large step forward in the struggle for proper football. It would also ensure that Match of the Day be shown on the Comedy Channel.

Surely you know by now not to believe everything you read in the papers?

You see thats the thing, like I said before... I was speaking about happenings that weren't rumour or paper talk, they were direct from a very reliable source.

I do hope, for all our sakes, that the 'rumours' are correct and come to fruition. It would be a large step forward in the struggle for proper football. It would also ensure that Match of the Day be shown on the Comedy Channel.

Aye, it'd identify another few people in the game who seemingly know nothing compared to you too? At the highest level too! I'd send some CV's out if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom