Monty to Leeds??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GAZBLADE

Reaction score
Anyone else heard this rumour?? i've had a couple of Leeds fans text it me today. 600k apparently?? Not sure meself.

Drop down a division, when he's one of the first names on the sheet, if it happens i'll bare my arse the full length of the Moor!

Why would a team playing decent football , getting decent results want to disturb their midfield with a negative, clumsy hoofer?.

nobody other than clueless & long ball managers would take a look at our monty. He`d look good ok over at stocksbridge though i must admit ( & the sooner the better) :)

Monty would be mad to go to that factory of filth when the Prem vultures are circling.

But that's all strictly hush hush and on the QT. Ask the admin.

;)

Personally, I'd tell them to do one.

But Blackwell may see it as a way to get Beckford or Snodgrass??

We are short on defenders too....so what about that player called Bromby? ;););)

If any of Monty, Hendo, Morgan or Ward leave in January I'll be changing my footwear from laces to slip ons.

Monty would be mad to go to that factory of filth when the Prem vultures are circling.

But that's all strictly hush hush and on the QT. Ask the admin.

;)

It happened ;)

I was about to post something "passed on" from this one as well. Never mind.

Most Leeds fans I know would take Monty like a shot.

If there is a God, (and as a good Christian child I must believe there is) please, please let this be true. To see the splay-footed twat, (copyright BigMart) exit BDTBL would be the beginning of the end of dross.

It would be a disaster for the club let Monty leave.

Why ?
This kind of reaction makes me think that some Blades do not aspire to better things!
Monty is mediocre at best
He is never going to get better
In fact the only thing that surprises me is that people go to the Lane and expect him to improve week on week. He doesn't
He has played for ten years and still can't pass the majority of balls to the same coloured shirt!
He can't shoot, doesn't score goals, 50% of his tackles result in free kicks for the opposition and he has no pace!
Yes he is a tryer He tries bloody hard but he ain't no footballer!

Spot-on Fiery.

How Monty gets a game before others is beyond me, I'd even have the equally ineffective Quinn a mile ahead of Monty, he is utter dog-shite.

Why ?
This kind of reaction makes me think that some Blades do not aspire to better things!
Monty is mediocre at best
He is never going to get better
In fact the only thing that surprises me is that people go to the Lane and expect him to improve week on week. He doesn't
He has played for ten years and still can't pass the majority of balls to the same coloured shirt!
He can't shoot, doesn't score goals, 50% of his tackles result in free kicks for the opposition and he has no pace!
Yes he is a tryer He tries bloody hard but he ain't no footballer!

no matter how many times you repeat this I won't agree with you, ever.

I think this will be hugely entertaining from a message board point of view if it goes through.

The reaction of those who (a) defend everything Monty does and (b) defend everything the club does - there are a fair few posters who fit this description - will be of particular interest.

I don't think a deal is likely, however.

I think this will be hugely entertaining from a message board point of view if it goes through.

The reaction of those who (a) defend everything Monty does and (b) defend everything the club does - there are a fair few posters who fit this description - will be of particular interest.

and the opposite that A: Slag off everything Monty does & B: Slag off everything the club does

I'd put myself in a different 'nice' to the one's mentioned C: I don't see the negative in everything but don't go mad over anything good that happens

and the opposite that A: Slag off everything Monty does & B: Slag off everything the club does

I'd put myself in a different 'nice' to the one's mentioned C: I don't see the negative in everything but don't go mad over anything good that happens

A: justified, he really is crap
B: you have to admit some of the clubs decisions are mind boggling

to your piont A: he really isn't crap, he is a better footballer than all of us on here who are not proffesional footballers. He may not be as good as some other players but to call him crap is way off the mark.
B: yes they do seem mind boggling from the outside, but if I/we/you knew the reasons the decisions were made we would more than likely have a different view on them or we might just think the same.
Meh, whatever.

Its extremely easy to be the 'terrace' know all.

Perhaps you might take into consideration that football and the percieved strengths and weaknesses of players is subjective, its just possible that you might be wrong.

As for the clubs decisions, its easy, invest your own £50 million and then you will have the right to dictate policy and I am sure have a full understanding of the broader picture. Until such time, you might well be frustrated and at a loss as to why some decisions are taken, but again it is from the 'terrace' view and not a full understanding of the business or its objectives or pressures.

Its extremely easy to be the 'terrace' know all.

Perhaps you might take into consideration that football and the percieved strengths and weaknesses of players is subjective, its just possible that you might be wrong.

As for the clubs decisions, its easy, invest your own £50 million and then you will have the right to dictate policy and I am sure have a full understanding of the broader picture. Until such time, you might well be frustrated and at a loss as to why some decisions are taken, but again it is from the 'terrace' view and not a full understanding of the business or its objectives or pressures.
I'm tone deaf. I can't sing a note.

I know Michael Buble is an excellent singer and Cheryl Cole ain't!

Sorry mate but to describe the departure of a below average [that's being very generous] midfielder as a 'disaster' is comical.

As I've promised for many years, the stretch limo is on standby.

Another example of a Sky-want- it- now -fan who cant understand why we dont sign Messi, Ronaldo and Ronaldo.:fishy:

Monty is far from being rubbish. He's not a talented football but he knows what his job is and he does it very well.

People can say we are crap and won't get anywhere with Monty in the squad. How well did we do when he was injured? Not good. So let's drop Monty and play point a lot Harper alongside does fuck all except flick it quinn. Good shout eh?

I'm a huge fan of Monty but that doesn't say I wouldn't want him dropped if Harper and Williamson performed well together.

Top quote from FieryBlade "he is never going to get better".

Oh, really? Hasn't he already proved you wrong over the last couple of seasons?

A lot of people seem to forget that his return to the side after injury coincided with out turn around in results. He does more work than people give him credit for, and if he were to leave, i think the results would suffer again.

Top quote from FieryBlade "he is never going to get better".

Oh, really? Hasn't he already proved you wrong over the last couple of seasons?

No, I remember Monty having a half decent game against Arsenal in the cup years ago!
Thats the point we can all remember the odd game when he put in a good shift and things worked out ok But he's played over 200 games and all we remember is the odd game.
Watching him v Preston last week he ran around losing possession of the ball very easily, most tackles were late resulting in free kicks to the opposition, his passing was woeful and his reading of the game pathetic!
No he has not improved over the last two seasons Hes also not got any worse - hes an average lower championship player no more no less and to describe his leaving as disasterous - well words fail me:eek:

No, I remember Monty having a half decent game against Arsenal in the cup years ago!
Thats the point we can all remember the odd game when he put in a good shift and things worked out ok But he's played over 200 games and all we remember is the odd game.
Watching him v Preston last week he ran around losing possession of the ball very easily, most tackles were late resulting in free kicks to the opposition, his passing was woeful and his reading of the game pathetic!
No he has not improved over the last two seasons Hes also not got any worse - hes an average lower championship player no more no less and to describe his leaving as disasterous - well words fail me:eek:

Then please for all our sakes, stop talking.

Then please for all our sakes, stop talking.

So if we don't agree with 'The One' then we should not put forward our opinion?
That makes for a great forum and debate.Each thread has three or four posts only if they disagree.

Grow up and put forward your reasons for championing Monty don't keep telling his detractors to 'Button Up':thumbdown:

That makes for a great forum and debate.Each thread has three or four posts only if they disagree.

Grow up and put forward your reasons for championing Monty don't keep telling his detractors to 'Button Up':thumbdown:

I think to be fair he has on many occasions.

Check out his posts.

:)

As SF say's on several occasions I have given reasons for why I say the things about Monty. It is you that most of the time just says he's rubbish and is a waste of time to have on the pitch when in fact if you actually watched the game you'd find it's actually the complete opposite most games.

You don't put what you say across as an opinion, you put it across as fact.

Back
Top Bottom