Miguel Freckleton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would have thought he could have got at least a L2 loan (Doncaster not needing help?) but this isn't too bad a spot

He looked very steady and competent in pre-season, one of our best performers overall. Going on loan to non-league seems an insult to him and his ability. He could definitely play at League Two level.

They’ve said that for the last 3 seasons and stayed down 🤣

Good move for him though, I liked the look of him
preseason. He’ll look like Baresi compared to that ponytailed hoof merchant at the back for Chez.
I agree DA but they've signed a few proven L1 players so should piss it. Plus no Wrexham or Notts C.

Keeping an eye on this. We currently have no CB cover. I wonder if Hecky will be tempted to recall. Seemed to be the no.1 youth CB in preseason to get minutes.

Keeping an eye on this. We currently have no CB cover. I wonder if Hecky will be tempted to recall. Seemed to be the no.1 youth CB in preseason to get minutes.
He was supposed to play against Spurs in the cup but we couldn't register him in time

Just watched the Chesterfield highlights, our lad does not look great in them 😟 MOTM or not.

He was MOTM against a championship side. How can he not look good?
Watch the highlights and if you still think he played well I'll go through it with time stamps showing where he isn't playing well.
(Loses the ball as he's bringing out of defence creating a chance for Watford and loses his man for their 2nd goal big moments in the game.)

Watch the highlights and if you still think he played well I'll go through it with time stamps showing where he isn't playing well.
(Loses the ball as he's bringing out of defence creating a chance for Watford and loses his man for their 2nd goal big moments in the game.)

Looking at the comments of their fans, who I presume watched the whole match, they thought he was excellent. Why turn positives into negatives?

So he's a work in progress then. Which is what I would expect from such a young player learning his trade at a lower league club and apparently doing very well for them. He has all the attributes but needs to get better which is hopefully what is happening. I think he will have a bright future in the game, whether he will be good enough for the levels we aspire to get to consistently is another question.

Fair play to the lad, he's doing well and working hard. He can't do any more than that. Would be lovely to see another young lad come through for us long term.

Looking at the comments of their fans, who I presume watched the whole match, they thought he was excellent. Why turn positives into negatives?
Have you seen the highlights? Maybe he was fantastic for the rest of the game but he does not look good in the highlights.
I'm commenting on what I see or should I just say 'yep another great player from our academy' ?

I'm looking at these comments and you guys are using everything but your eyes to evaluate a player.

And some of us aren't actually evaluating him from yesterdays game (even though he won the Chesterfield fans man of the match vote) as we haven't seen the highlights. More just pointing out that apparently he is doing well there with his loan and is still learning the game.

Still, if you know better then fair do's.

From the highlights he did a dodgy back pass but I didn't notice much else

From the highlights he did a dodgy back pass but I didn't notice much else
Look at what he's doing for the first Watford goal.
(At least you watched the highlights these other idiots clearly haven't).

Off to the Blades abattoir with young Migs then, no point 'wasting' time improving a young player if he isn't a candidate for our first team because we're burdened with great players.

He's forced himself into starting for the best team in the National League. No guarantee of anything but that's not nothing

Have you seen the highlights? Maybe he was fantastic for the rest of the game but he does not look good in the highlights.
I'm commenting on what I see or should I just say 'yep another great player from our academy' ?

No, you should trust the opinion of those who actually watched the game and had something invested in it.

Yeah I know you watched the short highlights mate, most good defending stops things becoming highlights though. You think about that?

Back
Top Bottom