Midfielders

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watching the inside preseason videos just shows how well stocked we are in most departments, apart from midfield doesn't it?

We have:
Norwood - readily involved.
Ozzy - readily involved.
Brunt - youngster
Freeman - I hope he gets his chance here now.
Fleck - presumably extended rest after the Euros.
Berge - MIA?!

Ideally, we need spend what funds we have on centre mid, adding bodies, bite and creativity.

Well that, and I'd also streamline the GK department and add quality that is realistically sufficiently good enough to play. Ideally Ramsdale +1. If that can be Verrips, great. Then keep a kid there and loan 2 of Eastwood, Dewhurst and Amissah out, release Foderingham.
They can't release Fodderingham unless they pay him off for the remaining 2 years on his contract.

I suspect Verrips will leave assuming Ramsdale won't.

Watching the inside preseason videos just shows how well stocked we are in most departments, apart from midfield doesn't it?

We have:
Norwood - readily involved.
Ozzy - readily involved.
Brunt - youngster
Freeman - I hope he gets his chance here now.
Fleck - presumably extended rest after the Euros.
Berge - MIA?!

Ideally, we need spend what funds we have on centre mid, adding bodies, bite and creativity.

Well that, and I'd also streamline the GK department and add quality that is realistically sufficiently good enough to play. Ideally Ramsdale +1. If that can be Verrips, great. Then keep a kid there and loan 2 of Eastwood, Dewhurst and Amissah out, release Foderingham.
Need a couple of centrebacks as well imo

definetly 2 centre backs and 2 midfielders think were pretty well covered in most other areas although it wouldnt suprise me if slav brought another striker in and moved a couple out

Id agree with that, but I do hope he brings in an out and out wide player, someone who will get chalk on their boots out wide, so that we have a plan B if we are chasing a game or even if he wants to change the formation around for a few games. I think it's important that we have as many options available to us as possible, especially as I can see a lot of teams coming to the Lane and sitting deep parking the bus to try and contain and hit us on the break. Get some genuine attacking width to our squad and with midfield and defence strengthened as well, I could see us going very well this season.

Id agree with that, but I do hope he brings in an out and out wide player, someone who will get chalk on their boots out wide, so that we have a plan B if we are chasing a game or even if he wants to change the formation around for a few games. I think it's important that we have as many options available to us as possible, especially as I can see a lot of teams coming to the Lane and sitting deep parking the bus to try and contain and hit us on the break. Get some genuine attacking width to our squad and with midfield and defence strengthened as well, I could see us going very well this season.
oh im sure we will see different formations under slav we were woefully short of pace last season and im very confident of a top 6 spot at the least

Back
Top Bottom