Mediocrity

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’re one of the 30 biggest clubs in the country with a league one level owner who’s holding us back.

We’re right to both expect and hope for better

We always come 17th to 19th biggest club in England based on big club statistics/ facts.
So based on stature/ statistics/ facts if the PL (20 teams) were hand picked with the biggest clubs in England, then we would be in it.

Big clubs statistics would be historical attendances, trophies, number of seasons in the top flight, finances, facilities/ stadium capacity
With a weighting towards more recent history.

Sheffield united are actually a big club not medium
We are a club who have gone 100 years without a major trophy we have not ever reached our fanbase potential. We are averaging 30k for a shit team and again 100 years no trophy .
Burnley Bournemouth Brentford achieve more than us thru investment but small crowds.
Wasn't long ago newcastle struggled to get 18k ar home till money came along
I've been at most top Premier clubs when they've had shit crowds ..
Chelsea were getting 7k home support early 90s.
If sheffield Council pushed the history of sheffield football wise and acknowledged the game was invented here and promoted it then we get investment and a few tourists.
A large sign on the parkway into the centre saying
WELCOME TO SHEFFIELD THS HOME OF FOOTBALL would be a start .

Agree.....I'm surprised how little football is promoted in this city.
The link below is for a brilliant site called "Sheffield home of football"
The whole area around Bramall Lane used to have about 10 clubs playing in the early 1870's and several football pitches.
Before Sheffield United FC were even formed there had already been around 70 organised football clubs playing in the Sheffield area.

The only national attention Sheffield receives revolves around the negativity of the Hillsborough disaster.

Fucking airports.

Manchester, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford and Humberside are an hour away, does anyone really think that it makes a blind bit of difference if Doncaster airport is open or closed as to whether we get investment?

If you’re rich you fly to a private airport and get someone to drive you anyway.

I'll take my helicopter you peasant.

Back
Top Bottom