Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Definitely look stronger with McBurnie on the pitch

We all know his injury record though and my worry is what happens when he’s crocked for a while? Archer and ? up front then becomes a concern

As for a new contract, I can name quite a few that the board should sit down and sort a new contract with. I don’t know what they are fkin about at? Dilly dallying has a tendency to bite you on the arse

Definitely look stronger with McBurnie on the pitch

We all know his injury record though and my worry is what happens when he’s crocked for a while? Archer and ? up front then becomes a concern

As for a new contract, I can name quite a few that the board should sit down and sort a new contract with. I don’t know what they are fkin about at? Dilly dallying has a tendency to bite you on the arse
How do we know there’s “fkin about” ?

Been talking to him for a bit on a new deal will be done in next few weeks.
Honestly if you'd have said this to me this time last season I'd say rip the contract up and show him the door. Since then he's really changed his attitude and became a genuine asset to the squad.

He got a lot of shit and he deserves it all but he's really turned around and showed the player he can and will be, fair play to the guy and he's completely proved me wrong. Love it when a player does that

Been talking to him for a bit on a new deal will be done in next few weeks.

Good. He deserves one. Always liked the lad and he is a valuable player for us now that he has started to grow up and mature in his personal life. Runs himself into the ground for the cause at times. Be pleased to see him sign a new deal.

How do we know there’s “fkin about” ?

Good point, I don’t.

But the mere fact we have many players now playing out their last 12 months and Hecky’s comments regarding contract situation in August gives us all a clue:

“Sheffield United must tie down some of its key players and big names of the future for the sake of the 'long-term health of the club'. That's according to manager Paul Heckingbottom,

I’ll consider that comment to be that the club is dilly dallying. However, if T-Blade is correct, perhaps the club are starting to get their arses in gear?

Good point, I don’t.

But the mere fact we have many players now playing out their last 12 months and Hecky’s comments regarding contract situation in August gives us all a clue:

“Sheffield United must tie down some of its key players and big names of the future for the sake of the 'long-term health of the club'. That's according to manager Paul Heckingbottom,

I’ll consider that comment to be that the club is dilly dallying. However, if T-Blade is correct, perhaps the club are starting to get their arses in gear?
Aye
(Equally) good point
I just get irritated what it’s assumed that no (disclosed) information is therefore negative - clearly such negotiations are increasingly complex especially given the financial situation. These days there’s rarely any incentive for a player to commit to a deal ‘early’ (unless you’re John Fleck ?!?)
If you’re McBurnie, Baldock, Egan (although I suspect the latter 2 may both have an ‘extension’ option) what benefit is there in committing now - (fair) chance of relegation (+ reduced wage) vs (at least) newly promoted clubs chucking their new found wealth @ PL experience
Equally, as an example, we give McBurnie 3years & he gets a bad injury will ‘fans’ acknowledge / tolerate a prolonged absence a la Brewster (accepting that’s an extreme example).
Personally I’d be doing everything possible to keep McB & Baldock but then again it’s not my brass

Aye
(Equally) good point
I just get irritated what it’s assumed that no (disclosed) information is therefore negative - clearly such negotiations are increasingly complex especially given the financial situation. These days there’s rarely any incentive for a player to commit to a deal ‘early’ (unless you’re John Fleck ?!?)
If you’re McBurnie, Baldock, Egan (although I suspect the latter 2 may both have an ‘extension’ option) what benefit is there in committing now - (fair) chance of relegation (+ reduced wage) vs (at least) newly promoted clubs chucking their new found wealth @ PL experience
Equally, as an example, we give McBurnie 3years & he gets a bad injury will ‘fans’ acknowledge / tolerate a prolonged absence a la Brewster (accepting that’s an extreme example).
Personally I’d be doing everything possible to keep McB & Baldock but then again it’s not my brass

My own view is I think if a player is enjoying his time at the club, that can in itself be an incentive to want to remain. Some players actually do want to remain. The club committing to offer a new contract is a way of telling the player they are wanted. Of course, financial security in what is basically a short career is also a big reason for a player to commit. The player may still end up leaving if a bigger and better offer comes along and the club accepts

As for giving a player a long contract that may backfire due to injury is just unforseen and goes with the territory unfortunately regardless of what us fans think. Let’s be honest, if fans blame any club for an unforeseen serious injury then somats not right. Giving a player a longer contract also offers the club a level of protection against predators

An underrated element of McBurnie is his importance to the squad. He’s a real glue character, able to be one of the more senior players in the squad but also connect with the new and younger players too. That’s putting to one side what he brings to the team. One of the most important players in our squad IMO.

What a fantastic one and a half games he must have had to get that record
Why are we only counting from the Luton game by the way? Lies, damn lies and statistics and all that. He's been excellent when he's played this season, long may it continue. Where's he been hiding it for most of his time here?

Why are we only counting from the Luton game by the way? Lies, damn lies and statistics and all that. He's been excellent when he's played this season, long may it continue. Where's he been hiding it for most of his time here?
Injuries.

4 yrs worth of em. Apparently !

UTB

Joint top goalscorer in a side who came 9th

He had two poor years for sure but what a recent game and a half he must have had!

Back
Top Bottom