Mcburnie, Robinson, Jags, Besic and Freeman...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really don't know how you have drawn that conclusion on Luke Freeman. He fitted into our team seamlessly when Fleck was out, and has barely had a chance since he returned. So how you can say he's been disappointing is a bit baffling.

I think Freeman is one of our more solid signings.

I'll put it out there....I think he has the potential to tear up the league for the second half of the season.

I really don't know how you have drawn that conclusion on Luke Freeman. He fitted into our team seamlessly when Fleck was out, and has barely had a chance since he returned. So how you can say he's been disappointing is a bit baffling.

Based on watching him play, mate, that's all. I don't think he's played very well. Did you go to the League Cup games v Blackburn and Sunderland at home? If so you might have a similar opinion. He either couldn't be arsed or simply wasn't capable against League 1 opposition in Sunderland for example. As Wilder said afterwards, that was an opportunity for the second string players to force their way into the first team - and none of them took it.

Re-wind a few years and I remember seeing Freeman play for Stevenage at the Lane. We couldn't get the bloody ball off him. He was outstanding and I thought we should have gone and signed him then. Re-wind not quite as far back as that, but to his performances for QPR last season, where he was their player of the season and really made that team tick. And - scored some cracking goals with that excellent left foot of his.

I was absolutely delighted when we signed him. He's a player I've liked for a long, long time. But...he hasn't shown it for us. You say it's because he hasn't had much chance to do so. I say it's because when he has had the chance he hasn't convinced anyone. He's been very disappointing in my opinion.

And that's all it is btw - it's just my opinion. It's fine if you disagree and I really hope you're right and I'm wrong.

The midfield 3 is working perfectly for us at the moment and Mousset and McGoldrick compliments our approach.

When the inevitable injury or suspension hits and we have to switch the midfield 3 around we’ll likely need a different approach. I’d see that being where McB’s attributes come in to play. I’d also see Freeman as being one who has to plug into the midfield depending on who is missing.

Oh dear me, some of you lot on this thread be very careful who you are throwing under the bus this time. We don't want "Apologies to xxx I can't believe I doubted you" threads again in a year or twos time now do we. Two words ................... Coutts , Lundstram.

Let’s be truthful here so far Robinson and McBernie are not good enough at present to start a game miles behind everyone in the current team

If you feel that he can make mistakes, and listed a couple, why do you feel it's bizarre to offer a different opinion on a forum?

From what I take of your post, he doesn't get everything right 100% of the time, human, isn't that basically what I'm saying in that Freeman should be sub in front of Robinson?

Just because I don't agree with him on this issue doesn't mean I'm some sort of heretic.

Whisper it quietly Chris can make mistakes along with klopp, Guardiola, Potchettino et al

Funnily enough, so can daft fans and Junior Computer Managers...

Plenty if time for all those players to make a telling contribution due to suspension, injury and loss of form

Quite. We’ve signed them for three years, not three games.

The Silly Billies, knee-jerkers and Junior Computer Managers are in their element on threads like this. It’s hilarious.

Must be a bit pissed off at not getting a shirt. We are going with the promoted side, with only Moose of the new players starting the last couple of games. We are playing superb stuff at the moment but will the natives start getting restless?
If we were in the bottom 3 and the side wasn't being rotated, you'd have a point.

Robinson infuriated me vs. West Ham and when he came on yesterday.

I mentioned in the shoutbox before that he looks like that kid in PE who is being forced to do football and to avoid a bollocking jogs around close enough to the action to appear involved.

On the other hand Mousset & Didsy are determined with and without the ball.

CR can have no complaints about being benched.
Yeah,looks a bit nesh. Does he know what a tackle is I wonder.😱

Must be a bit pissed off at not getting a shirt. We are going with the promoted side, with only Moose of the new players starting the last couple of games. We are playing superb stuff at the moment but will the natives start getting restless?
They've got to force their way in and impress when given the chance. By all accounts, they were woeful in the cup games so can hardly be asking for a place against Premier League opponents

Robinson infuriated me vs. West Ham and when he came on yesterday.

I mentioned in the shoutbox before that he looks like that kid in PE who is being forced to do football and to avoid a bollocking jogs around close enough to the action to appear involved.

On the other hand Mousset & Didsy are determined with and without the ball.

CR can have no complaints about being benched.

For me Robinson isn't a striker. He's a winger but we don't play with wingers.

Did anyone notice that Robinson lost it right at the end and they ended up breaking. He's liability at the moment unfortunately.

Yeah,looks a bit nesh. Does he know what a tackle is I wonder.😱
Looks to me like he’s trying to block and screen rather than commit to a tackle and lose out or concede a foul. It might be that he’s a bit clumsy and he’s been told to play like that; cut out the best passing option so the player has to go sideways.

They've got to force their way in and impress when given the chance. By all accounts, they were woeful in the cup games so can hardly be asking for a place against Premier League opponents

Including, just in the interests of balance, our Bladey favourite Billy.

I think we will need them all in the run in to the end of the season. I think we are collecting too many yellow cards.

In any case when we are in Europe next year we are definitely going to need them.

I think we will need them all in the run in to the end of the season. I think we are collecting too many yellow cards.

In any case when we are in Europe next year we are definitely going to need them.
Well someone’s got to carry the suitcases.

Jags and Besic were signed as back up. Freeman can't get a look in purely for the form of the players he'd be replacing. Robinson looks lost and like he's not sure where he wants to play. And McBurnie's fucking crap

To be fair to robinson , think hes more like a winger! Maybe he can be converted to attacking mid in the future. McBurnie could be a bad signing i agree

Jags and Besic were signed as back up. Freeman can't get a look in purely for the form of the players he'd be replacing. Robinson looks lost and like he's not sure where he wants to play. And McBurnie's fucking crap

We’ll see whether he’s crap, but nobody with an ounce of sense will leap to judgement after a third of a season.

He makes awful substitutions like Sharp at Bournemouth, McBurnie v Leicester, Mousset at Everton and Mousset again at West Ham. You make me laugh.

Don't worry Mr Precious #9875, I didn't say he doesn't make good substitutions too.

Hopefully that gets me off the hook 🙏

If not, then fair enough. I understand I did a bad thing.

Based on watching him play, mate, that's all. I don't think he's played very well. Did you go to the League Cup games v Blackburn and Sunderland at home? If so you might have a similar opinion. He either couldn't be arsed or simply wasn't capable against League 1 opposition in Sunderland for example. As Wilder said afterwards, that was an opportunity for the second string players to force their way into the first team - and none of them took it.

Re-wind a few years and I remember seeing Freeman play for Stevenage at the Lane. We couldn't get the bloody ball off him. He was outstanding and I thought we should have gone and signed him then. Re-wind not quite as far back as that, but to his performances for QPR last season, where he was their player of the season and really made that team tick. And - scored some cracking goals with that excellent left foot of his.

I was absolutely delighted when we signed him. He's a player I've liked for a long, long time. But...he hasn't shown it for us. You say it's because he hasn't had much chance to do so. I say it's because when he has had the chance he hasn't convinced anyone. He's been very disappointing in my opinion.

And that's all it is btw - it's just my opinion. It's fine if you disagree and I really hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Moose played against Sunderland and didn't look much cop.

None of them did. Awful.

Bournemouth, Chelsea, Palace in the games that matter he had an impact and got an assist.

Put a couple of good balls in against Leicester too.

Fleck the only player for me where I think we have a backup in Freeman of a similar quality, even if they play a slightly different game.

We’ll see whether he’s crap, but nobody with an ounce of sense will leap to judgement after a third of a season.
I don't see what he offers that we don't have already. He's not fast, his ball control is not a patch on McGoldrick and I just can't see what he brings to the table

Back
Top Bottom