Mcburnie, Robinson, Jags, Besic and Freeman...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh dear, can't
I just find it strange, it was a substitution with 15 minutes to go and people seem to be getting somewhat agitated about it.

Robinson seems to be this years player that half the fans love to hate. There always has to be at least one and it can't now be Lundstram.

I suspect he came on for tactical reasons, i.e. Spurs defence pushed up high late on Robinson was the best option pace wise to stretch them once Mousset had run hinself into the ground.

I don't understand how or why it was a mistake. It's not as if we lost and Robinson wasn't on the pitch when we could scored a few in the 1st half

Not sure who's getting agitated, maybe peoples sensitivity threshold is a bit low.

Just because I feel someone may have contributed more if given the chance doesn't mean I have an issue with Robinson. However I don't think he's contributing anything recently. Do you feel he has?

It may well have been for tactical reasons, I'm sure it was, I'm just saying I don't feel he was the best option.

Yes we didn't lose and the team, management and fans were absolutely fantastic. Doens't mean we cant discuss things though.

Bring on Man U.

Sharp and Freeman would be my choice of attacking subs.

Freeman uses the ball so well, and gives us energy in the middle of the pitch whilst maintaining an attacking threat.

Sharp's holdup play is fantastic, maybe the best at the club. In this league when we want to hold onto a lead or a draw, it's a great tool to have in our box to bring on. Add to that his poaching ability and I think he should get a bit more game time than he is currently.

But the first XI undoubtedly have earnt their place right now

Was watching on a stream, but it kept freezing for big chunks. Was OMc warming up to come on just before the goal?

Nothing to do with sympathy, Freeman has shown he has more to offer than the rest, bar possibly Sharp. McBurnie and Robinson have offered so little up front that Freeman might as well be brought on in that position ahead of them. He's at least capable of getting on the ball and doing something with it.

For me it’s Sharp on for Mousset and Freeman on for McGoldrick without fail for us. Freeman for Mousset wouldn’t make any sense as he’s not a forward and McGoldrick is better at the deep lying forward role.

I think Wilder bringing on different options is more about not being predictable in his subs. Before we equalised (2nd time around) yesterday McB was stripped off to come on. If it was Mousset for McB then I’d be scratching my head as we’d become much slower and more one dimensional. Bringing McGoldrick off at that point would have been crazy so hard to see the thinking behind it.

Anyway, I’m with you on you main point. I’ve just waffled on a bit.

I think Wilder bringing on different options is more about not being predictable in his subs. Before we equalised (2nd time around) yesterday McB was stripped off to come on. If it was Mousset for McB then I’d be scratching my head as we’d become much slower and more one dimensional. Bringing McGoldrick off at that point would have been crazy so hard to see the thinking behind it.

Anyway, I’m with you on you main point. I’ve just waffled on a bit.
[/QUOTE]

I think the plan was McB on for Norwood with McG dropping deeper. Gives us a different emphasis and leaves options to react as things develop.

Why change anything at the moment? Not read the whole thing so apologies if this point has been made but once again, why change anything to keep individuals happy?

In Chrissie’s mind I think he had Robinson and McBurnie as his first choice strike force. But neither has covered themselves in glory, with Robinson in particular getting more chances in the side and ultimately failing grasp said chances.

Sharp and Freeman would be my choice of attacking subs.

Freeman uses the ball so well, and gives us energy in the middle of the pitch whilst maintaining an attacking threat.

Sharp's holdup play is fantastic, maybe the best at the club. In this league when we want to hold onto a lead or a draw, it's a great tool to have in our box to bring on. Add to that his poaching ability and I think he should get a bit more game time than he is currently.

But the first XI undoubtedly have earnt their place right now

Agreed, Get the ball to Billy to hold it until Freeman catches up, then let Freeman have a crack from 25 yards. He's scored a few screamers in his time.

Why's everyone arguing?

Robinson was the obvious substitution for Moose if he'd gone on as 'pacy forward Callum Robinson', but he went on as 'mobility scooter in a United shirt Callum Robinson' and he's been that version since Chelsea I'd say.

With that context, Freeman should have come on or Sharp who can hold it up, and is aggressive in the press.

Thought you were about to tell us about our new 5 a side team for a moment!?

5th in the table. Imagine knocking on the door saying I think I should play!

Well it’s looking like £27m pounds worth of strikers that will struggle to get much game time the way things are going.

both appear to be going backwards at the moment, which is a shame considering how good Robinson looked pre season.

I really believe it’s a confidence thing, he’s desperate to do well, so much so he’s almost trying too hard. He also seems to be either running within himself or only appeared quick because he must have been up against some cart horses!
I honeslty wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilder trying to get another striker in and move a couple out, and these two might fit that bill.
Send them both back on loan to where they came from, see if they can get their heads up again.
Said the same a week or so back, and not seeing anything from either Robinson or McB that they bring to the party.
Both of them really need to up their game.

Well it’s looking like £27m pounds worth of strikers that will struggle to get much game time the way things are going.

both appear to be going backwards at the moment, which is a shame considering how good Robinson looked pre season.

I really believe it’s a confidence thing, he’s desperate to do well, so much so he’s almost trying too hard. He also seems to be either running within himself or only appeared quick because he must have been up against some cart horses!
I honeslty wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilder trying to get another striker in and move a couple out, and these two might fit that bill.
Send them both back on loan to where they came from, see if they can get their heads up again.
Said the same a week or so back, and not seeing anything from either Robinson or McB that they bring to the party.
Both of them really need to up their game.
I think I’m starting to agree. It’s still early, they haven’t had loads of game time, but we are a third of the way through the season (?). We need players to make the managers decisions difficult, to be knocking on the door for a start. At the moment it’s hard to see past M & M.

Robinson is not Prem quality at all. Jags was brought in as cover. McB seriously has alot to prove. Freeman will get his chance,Besic maybe. But as another poster said we’ve 7 games in December so we may need to rotate. Or injuries & suspensions need covering.

We have seen in the last two games, that a highly competitive side has begun to emerge. It does not mean that places are not up for grabs.
The pace and energy in this side will need a breather during 7 games in December.
The CWAK team are ensuring that the first eleven are highly competitive and difficult to replace on merit.
I can see some individuals getting rested next month, and any substitutions will be aimed at getting game time, match fitness and tactical experience for our summer signings.
Some changes might be forced, and others will be based on what CWAK think we need for the benefit of the team as a whole.
Still a lot of quality football to come this season. :)

Robinson is not Prem quality at all. Jags was brought in as cover. McB seriously has alot to prove. Freeman will get his chance,Besic maybe. But as another poster said we’ve 7 games in December so we may need to rotate. Or injuries & suspensions need covering.

You'd imagine Fleck will definitely get suspended before the cut off, maybe Norwood too.

In that situation I'm very confident about Freeman doing a fantastic job, he was unlucky to get dropped anyway as good as Fleck has been.

Robinson who knows, looked good preseason and for Preston but has really not shown anything much in the majority of games he's had.

Plenty if time for all those players to make a telling contribution due to suspension, injury and loss of form

Must be a bit pissed off at not getting a shirt. We are going with the promoted side, with only Moose of the new players starting the last couple of games. We are playing superb stuff at the moment but will the natives start getting restless?

I sincerely hope so. I'd take a full refund on McBurnie right now. I think Robinson showed, when he came on v Spurs, exactly why he isn't anywhere near the first 11. He can't hold the ball up and he makes poor decisions with it. Jags was brought in for 3 reasons: 1. Emergency centre back cover 2. To develop a career as a coach 3. Bladey Bladeyness. So he's nothing to be disappointed about. Besic is making the bench occasionally. He's not a bad player from what I've seen, but he can't expect to get in ahead of the current midfielders - he'll get a chance though. And finally, "Freeman" (Luke Freeman that is, not Kieron). For me he's the biggest disappointment of all the new signings, because I thought he was "good" before he signed for us - and he's not shown that at all. He's been really "powder-puff" and doesn't deserve a place in the squad, never mind the team. I think he'll be on his way back south in January - it's probably just too cold for him up here?

I sincerely hope so. I'd take a full refund on McBurnie right now. I think Robinson showed, when he came on v Spurs, exactly why he isn't anywhere near the first 11. He can't hold the ball up and he makes poor decisions with it. Jags was brought in for 3 reasons: 1. Emergency centre back cover 2. To develop a career as a coach 3. Bladey Bladeyness. So he's nothing to be disappointed about. Besic is making the bench occasionally. He's not a bad player from what I've seen, but he can't expect to get in ahead of the current midfielders - he'll get a chance though. And finally, "Freeman" (Luke Freeman that is, not Kieron). For me he's the biggest disappointment of all the new signings, because I thought he was "good" before he signed for us - and he's not shown that at all. He's been really "powder-puff" and doesn't deserve a place in the squad, never mind the team. I think he'll be on his way back south in January - it's probably just too cold for him up here?
I can't remember ever reading one of your posts and thinking you had a good point about anything

Not read all the thread, so someone else may have already made this observation.

I think we have great squad harmony and all the players are aware that they will play a key part. The most telling thing is, for me, when we score - the players on the bench celebrate like fans and genuinely look happy. A small thing, but when you compare this to some other benches/teams I think you can see a glaring difference.

I really don't know how you have drawn that conclusion on Luke Freeman. He fitted into our team seamlessly when Fleck was out, and has barely had a chance since he returned. So how you can say he's been disappointing is a bit baffling.

Like Freeman has been played in a way to do a specific job. Not in the way he was deployed by his previous clubs.
I think he’s done well when he’s played to be fair!!
But we will be stuck with McB...unless we are happy to take a £10-12m pound hit on him!! He’s been the biggest disappointment for me, just jogs about following the ball, showing zero football brain. He’s been a handful occasionally but doesn’t look to have a goal in him at all.

Back
Top Bottom