McBurnie gets United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seemed baffled as to why he wasn't a starter. Again Hecky's tactical decision making been questioned (even by the players)

Not sure that’s the fairest representation of the interview, to be honest.

He twice says Hecky was right not to start him and Anel, and repeatedly says it was the players’ fault that we played so badly and lost.

I can’t hear one moment where he questions Hecky’s tactical decision making. I did hear him say:-

“You can talk about tactics all you want, and stuff, I don’t think that’s got anything to do with it today, our performance levels as players were just nowhere near the levels we want them to be. We could’ve played any formation in the world today and I don’t think it would’ve made any difference if we‘re performing like that”.

Last edited:
On first reading I thought the thread title was "McBurnie gets injured", because I'm conditioned to read that.

He had a positive impact when introduced but missed 2 acceptable goal scoring opportunities, header over from a corner and mis kick/air shot from the edge of the area after our best move of the match. Shows how far our levels have dropped and our poor pre season recruitment when he's missed when unavailable through injury, which is a fair amount of the time he's been here.

On first reading I thought the thread title was "McBurnie gets injured", because I'm conditioned to read that.
Give it a couple of games mate. I’m guessing the issue Bogle has that has been “managed” has bubbled over and surgery is now required.

He sounded like I felt when the final whistle blew. Completely deflated.

I like McBurnie. At least showed a bit of guts and fight when he came on. Prepared to battle for it, causes the opposition defence a different problem. Gets us up the pitch. He's also our best defender from set pieces. Hopefully he can get back to full fitness and stay there.

Good honest assessment from Oli there.
The worrying thing is no-one at the club seems to understand why we are "off it" in virtually every game - or what to do about it.

He twice says Hecky was right not to start him and Anel, and repeatedly says it was the players’ fault that we played so badly and lost.

I can’t hear one moment where he questions Hecky’s tactical decision making. I did hear him say:-

“You can talk about tactics all you want, and stuff, I don’t think that’s got anything to do with it today, our performance levels as players were just nowhere near the levels we want them to be. We could’ve played any formation in the world today and I don’t think it would’ve made any difference if we‘re performing like that”.
It's all in the unsaid!

100% this and something that seems to be being ignored in favour of the Hecky Out brigade.

This is the second time in 4 games we’ve had a player come out saying the players aren’t performing well enough (this and Norwood after Arsenal). To a man they were shite on Saturday, looking like a team who’d only met each tens minutes earlier.

Hecky isn’t the answer for me, he has obvious failings in his setup and tactics BUT if the players are consistently underperforming there’s not much he can do about that.

To me it looked like they’d given up after the first goal, so more goals were inevitable.

We can’t play hoping teams wont score in this league, it’s just not going to happen.

Credit to him for getting stuck in and a well taken goal.

I like McBurnie. At least showed a bit of guts and fight when he came on. Prepared to battle for it, causes the opposition defence a different problem. Gets us up the pitch. He's also our best defender from set pieces. Hopefully he can get back to full fitness and stay there.
It’s often said on here, and by me, that we can take being beaten by better sides or indeed comparable sides.. but not showing determination and grit is unacceptable. Oli at least is giving this and hopefully if he stays fit and is picked to play it may rub off on a few others. I like him and am glad he’s in the team.

If McBurnie and Archer are both fit then they have to play together - I don't care who the opposition are. We can't keep playing Archer on his own upfront. Those two upfront will be a nuisance for anyone we play (as the Spurs manager said after we played them).

Back
Top Bottom