McBurnie Drink Driving bust

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Drink Driving cases are only triable in the Magistrates Court so no option to go to higher court. Obviously his lawyers advised him he would probably lose if he pleaded not guilty so changed his plea. That means he would get some credit on sentence for guilty plea but not as much as if he had pleaded guilty at the first hearing.

barely over the legal limit learn your lesson and move on..
1.5x by the time at the station machine. So could have been closer to 2x at the time of driving, could be 4 pints for some people.
Not really 'barely'.

Anyway, he's been done for what is a wanker crime. Learn and move on.

Drink Driving cases are only triable in the Magistrates Court so no option to go to higher court. Obviously his lawyers advised him he would probably lose if he pleaded not guilty so changed his plea. That means he would get some credit on sentence for guilty plea but not as much as if he had pleaded guilty at the first hearing.

Quite. His charge was reduced from £30k to £28,500, which seems about the right amount of credit to give him for an 11th hour change of heart when he realised he didn’t have a leg to stand on.

No ban! I'd say he's had a right result there.

I always thought everyone got a ban if they were caught drink driving?

Serves him right to be honest, although only just over, he was still speeding in a residential area.

The Sun article didn't mention a ban, which is very strange as that's the most imprtant part of the ruling! Brilliant reporting by the Sun as ever!
Surprised they didn't put a pic of the internet 'model' he was seeing instead :)

Yeah, deserved and the inconvenience will only further prove to him how much of a prat he was.

Thankfully no-one was injured.

Glad he owned up to it.

Be an expensive taxi. Ironically enough, a taxi on said night of the offence would have been way cheaper than 28.5k

Uber is saying £120 each way.

If you’re bringing in 2.8k a day, just from your club wages, it’s not really that expensive.

Reactions: Dkc
£20k per week.

Most are on £9k per week but there was a bonus if they stayed in the Premier league. The bonus divided among approx 20 players worked out to an extra (approx) £10k per week.

Where on Earth is that figure from? £10k/week was widely quoted as the average wage for the Championship a few years ago. That £9k will surely be nowhere near our average.

It was reported at the start of the season that our players were the lowest paid in the Premier league with an average of £9k per week. I cannot recall where it was reported.

It was reported at the start of the season that our players were the lowest paid in the Premier league with an average of £9k per week. I cannot recall where it was reported.

Wasn’t that a club comparison based on the last available accounts (ie Championship level financial info)? I’m pretty sure that was pointed out at the time it was being circulated. Even our backup players will now be on a five-figure weekly sum.

ch.JPG

12 month contract required - Shirecliffe to North Yorkshire - exclusive use of Audi outside normal working hours.

Apply SUFC - re: Chauffeur for McBurnie

UTB

Why go to court only to plead guilty? Are you more likely to get your mitigation heard at the higher court?

I’m sure he only indicated that he intended to plead guilty so the trial date would be rescheduled to later on in the year. This would give him time to find somewhere to live, from where he could easily commute to Sheffield or arrange alternative travel plans for matches and training once disqualified. (Find a chauffeur for the 4x4 Lamborghini)

The Sun article didn't mention a ban, which is very strange as that's the most imprtant part of the ruling! Brilliant reporting by the Sun as ever!
The Sun doesn’t mention ban but the ITV article did. There is a mandatory 12 month minimum ban but this can be reduced by 1/4 if he agrees to attend a course. In his case he got 16 months with reduction to 12 if he does the alcohol offenders course. Hefty fine but not if you earn what he does. I would think the ban will hit him the most! Anyone fancy a chauffeurs job?

Back
Top Bottom