McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Manna from Heaven for the football authorities. The fact that it was the Forest fans targeting - and assaulting - our players won’t let it stop them whitewash everything.

Good on some of our fans making a judgement on Oli based on an eight second edited video. Must have warmed the. very cockles of you hearts.

Two incidents are totally different. For those that don't know a headbutt can fracture a skull especially a blow to the parietal,or temporal bone, causing internal bleeding in the brain leading to brain damage and possibly death. Video games actors in movies hitting people with baseball bats all contribute to its ok it can't really kill him .Yes it can.

No way does he stamp on him, Brewster gets attacked oli has a big protective boot on clearly trying to stand over him. Thousands of fans on the pitch pushing our players all over, but we'll done for jumping straight on mcburnie and blaming him instead of defending him.

Quite a few on this thread are defending him including me put it into perspective.

Watching McBurnie in that cast reminded me of that shitty American fast food chain. Long John Silver’s.

Is it still a thing?
Do the waiters still stay “Ahoy” when greeting you? Or was that just me?

Yeah watch it again more closely and in slow motion someone behind McBurnie pushes him towards the fan on the floor and McBurnie doesnt stomp on him but makes sure he doesnt by putting each foot either side. At first look it does appear he stomps on him but watch the guy behind push McBurnie. I would love to see the full video but it looks like a Forest fan has edited this to make it look worse.

The guy circled in red his hands push him.

View attachment 136221

His legs are either side
View attachment 136222

Looks like he's asking him to sign his program.

Sky now showing footage and tweets that OMcB has liked.

Then talking about the fund raising.

Owd Biggsy banged up too.

I slowed it down the forest fan is holding mcburnies foot the longer video shows more forest fans attacking our players

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-232625_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-232625_Twitter.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 139

Police have asked the fan to come forward?

Hopefully so they can charge him with the criminal offence of coming on to a football field which carries a maximum 10 year nationwide ground ban. 😡

Oli did nowt to that pile of shit below his feet apart from not wanting to tread in it.
Not one of our players did a thing wrong, as for the forest fans, they were in a childish frenzy after squeezing through when being bossed for 120 minutes after they thought it was going to be a walkover. The cowardly mob thought; let`s show these Blades players who`s boss.

What is everybody talking about!!!!!
I’ve watched the video 15 times and there is absolutely conclusive evidence that our Mcburnie didn’t stamp anything, not even the dogshit around his feet!
People see what they want to see with prejudice!
Are peoples eyes painted on!!!

No way does he stamp on him, Brewster gets attacked oli has a big protective boot on clearly trying to stand over him. Thousands of fans on the pitch pushing our players all over, but we'll done for jumping straight on mcburnie and blaming him instead of defending him.

There must be a ton of video evidence around, so why are these assaults on our players not being discussed by the likes of Sky and Talksport?

No McBurnie fan, but this doesn’t really look like a stamp to me. The players just seem to be defending themselves against the pricks (who shouldn’t be on the pitch) that were on the pitch attacking players (who should be there).
I'm going to defend McBurnie here.

I broke my 5th metatarsal last year and had to have a similar moon boot type cast on. It's very difficult to readjust if you are off balance (which he would have been in a melee). It's very natural to have slightly more force on the other mobile foot. Your weight distribution changes to compensate.

You can see the way he moves his injured foot he's trying to avoid the other guy. If it wasn't for the guy who took the video making the stamping comment then there would be nothing to see here.

But it is another example of their fans being where they shouldn't be and some attacking Brewster.

The only way to prevent this is to hit them hard.

Give them no tickets to Wembley. Next two home matches behind closed doors. They won't, but that would send the message. Their chairman appealed to not invade the pitch. They would only have themselves to blame. You can be elated in your seat and sing without encroaching on the playing surface.

I shudder at what would have happened if we'd won. What if N'Diaye had miskicked in the 115th minute and it had gone beyond Samba's reach? They'd have been running on but in anger and frustration.

Last edited:
An absolute disgrace.

The fact that fans are able to get into multiple altercations with professional players in this manner is ridiculous.

Yes, fans have always invaded pitches but this was uncontrolled and aggressive towards opposing fans and players and seemed significantly more than the usual “celebrations”.

Why are they even around SUFC players?? It was their players they’re supposed to be celebrating with 🤦‍♂️

Fans on the pitch fighting our players. You can clearly see someone smash into Brewster here. In retaliation, McBurnie stamps on the fan on the floor.

And many Blades fans want McBurnie sacked.

Can’t compute. Sure you’d rather he didn’t but McBurnie did something many, many players in years gone by would’ve done. And included in those are players who once played here and are still lauded to this day. Don’t let personal agenda get in the way of objectively judging this. If you’re a player at risk of getting attacked by fans you go into fight or flight mode. It’s widely accepted as basic human instinct.

An absolute disgrace.

The fact that fans are able to get into multiple altercations with professional players in this manner is ridiculous.

Yes, fans have always invaded pitches but this was uncontrolled and aggressive towards opposing fans and players and seemed significantly more than the usual “celebrations”.

Why are they even around SUFC players?? It was their players they’re supposed to be celebrating with 🤦‍♂️
Unless I’ve missed it I’ve not read a single thing about Forest getting into trouble for not being able to control their fans. It’s ridiculous.

If he’d stamped on this laughing fan there would have been images of the injury received and he’d have been pushing for a claim of some sort. But no it’s all quiet.

If there had have been any injuries I would have no sympathy, behave like that and face your own consequences, kid who filmed the footage should be prosecuted because he shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Fans on the pitch fighting our players. You can clearly see someone smash into Brewster here. In retaliation, McBurnie stamps on the fan on the floor.

And many Blades fans want McBurnie sacked.

Can’t compute. Sure you’d rather he didn’t but McBurnie did something many, many players in years gone by would’ve done. And included in those are players who once played here and are still lauded to this day. Don’t let personal agenda get in the way of objectively judging this. If you’re a player at risk of getting attacked by fans you go into fight or flight mode. It’s widely accepted as basic human instinct.
No he didn't.

I'm going to defend McBurnie here.

I broke my 5th metatarsal last year and had to have a similar moon boot type cast on. It's very difficult to readjust if you are off balance (which he would have been in a melee). It's very natural to have slightly more force on the other mobile foot. Your weight distribution changes to compensate.

You can see the way he moves his injured foot he's trying to avoid the other guy. If it wasn't for the guy who took the video making the stamping comment then there would be nothing to see here.

But it is another example of their fans being where they shouldn't be and some attacking Brewster.

The only way to prevent this is to hit them hard.

Give them no tickets to Wembley. Next two home matches behind closed doors. They won't, but that would send the message. Their chairman appealed to not invade the pitch. They would only have themselves to blame. You can be elated in your seat and sing without encroaching on the playing surface.

I shudder at what would have happened if we'd won. What if N'Diaye had miskicked in the 115th minute and it had gone beyond Samba's reach? They'd have been running on but in anger and frustration.
Totally agree. Plus, probably the final point to consider is that it took ages for this video to even surface. If he had stamped on him, it’d have been out straight away, like the Sharp incident was.

Usually I would have thought that there would have been more than one video clip posted on social media about this, as we all know, when something kicks off in a street, first thing out from bystanders are their phones filming it.
Watching it in slow mo yesterday frame by frame, my first thought is that Mcb is trying to step over the fan and not stamp.

Usually I would have thought that there would have been more than one video clip posted on social media about this, as we all know, when something kicks off in a street, first thing out from bystanders are their phones filming it.
Watching it in slow mo yesterday frame by frame, my first thought is that Mcb is trying to step over the fan and not stamp.
Yes he’s trying to step over him, hence the reason he tries it from a few different angles.😁

We should just get shut and use his wages more productively.

Back
Top Bottom